What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In the kitchen with Teh_Baker, 2016-17

Teh_Baker

i might of commented on the wrong one. Ive been scrolling thru it all day. Either way nice garden.

No worries man. I think schrews is the one that has an irrigarion system to admire. I still hand water. I did have an irrigation system, but the timer bugged out and stopped opening the valve to water. Killed 2 of my plants, and i never went back. I have wanted that ease though...

Teh_Baker

So ive got an update for the masses, lol. Its been a long road this season, but we have made it to what i consider the halfway point. All of my girls have started to flower. They have little clusters starting to form. As per my normal growing style that meant time for first cleanout. No larf in my garden! What some people wouldn't do for my bags of "not good enough to trim"...

First up we have a crop shot. This is from the same angle as all year. Maybe ill do a gif at the wnd if the season...
picture.php

Next up, a shot of a ThcSnow that was cleaned out maybe a little heavier than i would normally like. I think it might have been right after smoking, so i just kept seeing more larf... who knows.
picture.php

Lastly for this episode, we have a couple Mazar. I cant wait to see how the smoke turns out on this garden! I have more Mazar seeds that might also get popped next year if im happy with them.
picture.php

We just got the crushed oyster shells out. First time ive used them, so i dont know how much you use or how often. It says 32% ca, so i used 1/4cup per plant spread around the bases of each plant, scratched into the upper few inches and then watered in.
I could sure use some pointers about the calcium without looking like a moron in slownickels lounge...

Teh_Baker

Well the girls have started to flower, there's pretty little buds everywhere. I thought you guys would enjoy some pictures, so here you go.
picture.php

picture.php

Im not surebwhat they are in these pics. I just cant remember right now.

calisun

oyster shell takes a long time to break down and slowly raises the pH. I find Oyster shell is a great amendment in the long run. You would be better off with gypsum for a quicker impact. Depending on your current soil pH you can water with a calcium sulfate if your pH is high or calcium carbonate if your pH is low. They are usally combined with Mg sulfate or Mg carbonate. Look for a 6 or 7 to 1 ratio Ca to Mg. Calcium silicate is a good option too and can raise the pH a little too.

Teh_Baker

So I've been having some issues with the garden this year in, and I'm not quite sure what this issue is.
picture.php

picture.php

And one of the more frustrating things this season, has been the fact that every issue I've had is pretty much only tied to one plant. Not the whole garden. Which if you think about it is a blessing, however it's still frustrating.

Teh_Baker

I didnt think so either. Now the whole garden is showing the same signs. Any ideas before the whole garden bites it?

igrowone

Veteran
sorry to hear this, outdoor can be a heart breaker at times
i believe you had checked closely for bug troubles but saw nothing
which leaves the dirt(probably)
plants will usually look a lot more miserable before death, it's mysterious to me
you could do a flush if it's that desperate of a situation, i.e. you think they're all going to die
perhaps others will chime in with some thoughts

edit: forgot disease in the list, not looking like it, but you never know

Latest posts

Latest posts