What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

House and Garden Shooting Powder vs GH Dry Koolbloom

Anyone ever do a back to back?

The shooting powder comes out to $199.90 per 2.2 pounds, while the KB is $20 per 2.2 pounds.

Considering these are just strong PK boosters....does anyone know if there's anything "special" about the shooting powder? Or is H&G just taking advantage of us?

Homebrewer

Veteran
Outrageously priced plant foods are nothing more than companies preying on our community's ignorance.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
H&G shooting powder: Derived From: Potassium Sulfate, Potassium Carbonate, and Potassium Phosphate

Liquid Koolboom: Derived from: Magnesium Phosphate, Potassium
Phosphate, Potassium Sulphate

The difference between the two is KB has magnesium and the shooting powder does not.

Double F

is the source of potassium sulfate and other rock salts the same in both? why would one be marked up so much higher?

i have been thinking about trying H and G out...but cannot justify such a high price...

im not the biggest fan of rock salts. dont get me wrong i use nutrients with them in them, but i prefer a nutrient like pure bloom pro which main ingredients are derived from natural sources like kelp, guano, etc, and the sulfates, carbonates are secondary...

i think there much more ingredients in shooting powder than listed on the back of the packaging. Ive came across it a while back somewhere on the boards. Im sure if someone does a search you could get more detailed information the actual ingredients.

Thanks for the inputs. I searched my ass off before making this thread...couldn't find anything, hence the thread. Even if the shooting powder had a little "something extra" in it, would it justify it costing exactly TEN TIMES more than the KB? Makes me look a little differently at H&G now, if the shooting powder really is the same as KB, H&G is def taking advantage of people.

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
ive ran the shooting powder when i ran their coco line. it will make your buds look Ugly, with a capital U lol. ive heard many other people state the same thing.

ive ran the dry koolbloom for awhile now and really like it. i use it the last 2 weeks before flush. 1/4tsp per gallon. i, personally, have not had any hermies from the koolbloom.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I've never used the shooting powder, it's too expensive and I have heard mixed reviews. I have friends who swear by it, and others who say it does nothing positive.

Koolbloom is great for the price.

G

Guest 18340

H&G shooting powder: Derived From: Potassium Sulfate, Potassium Carbonate, and Potassium Phosphate
GH Powder KoolBloom: Derived from: Ammonium Phosphate, Ammonium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Phosphate, Potassium Sulfate.

hi

ive used shooting powder a few times

it usually just creates foxtailing on the top of the plant, buds look ugly and the top buds seem to take longer to finish after application

it does add to the weight tho, id guess an extra 5 percent of foxtails on top of what you usually get lol

Shooting Powder is not anywhere the same as powder Koolbloom. The shooting powder is rumored to contain PGR's. It seems like it does because it works a little to good if you know what I mean. It can cause issues like preventing the plant from maturing correctly as the plant gets like stuck in an endless flowering cycle. Timing is everything with Shooting powder.

Powder Koolbloom is a VERY solid product and is more of a "finisher" as it makes the buds dense and hard. Liquid Koolbloom is meant to be used at the start of flowering and is the bulk building formula, then near the final few weeks you add on top of the liquid Koolbloom the powder Koolbloom and use them together for the last few weeks until flush time.

And neither product has all of the ingredients listed on the label and both contain many more things than is listed on the label.

The liquid and powder combo of Koolbloom from GH is VERY hard to beat and sold at a very fair price and I would put them up against any and all other PK Boosters. Best bang for your buck you could say. And I am not really a fan of GH products so it must work very well for me to say that.

The powder koolbloom can cause hermies not because of what is in it really but because it stresses the plant and some strains cant handle that and hermie. That is our theory anyhow......:)

Another great combo team that is fair in price is using Snow Storm Ultra and Crystal Burst as your flowering boosters.

I accidentally added Koolbloom to my 40gal rez at week 3 rather than the Maxi like I was supposed to. Am I gonna fuck something up?

Homebrewer

Veteran
I accidentally added Koolbloom to my 40gal rez at week 3 rather than the Maxi like I was supposed to. Am I gonna fuck something up?

If you used KB dry in place of your base fertilizer then I'd drain that res and mix it up correctly the second time.

Rezdog (rezipe) starts kb powder at day 15 12/12. For sours it seems day 21 Kb at half strength and then in two week intervals (in addition to Lucas). Results are fine...good plant health etc. peace!

picture.php

Shooting Powder is not anywhere the same as powder Koolbloom. The shooting powder is rumored to contain PGR's. It seems like it does because it works a little to good if you know what I mean. It can cause issues like preventing the plant from maturing correctly as the plant gets like stuck in an endless flowering cycle. Timing is everything with Shooting powder.

Powder Koolbloom is a VERY solid product and is more of a "finisher" as it makes the buds dense and hard. Liquid Koolbloom is meant to be used at the start of flowering and is the bulk building formula, then near the final few weeks you add on top of the liquid Koolbloom the powder Koolbloom and use them together for the last few weeks until flush time.

And neither product has all of the ingredients listed on the label and both contain many more things than is listed on the label.

The liquid and powder combo of Koolbloom from GH is VERY hard to beat and sold at a very fair price and I would put them up against any and all other PK Boosters. Best bang for your buck you could say. And I am not really a fan of GH products so it must work very well for me to say that.

The powder koolbloom can cause hermies not because of what is in it really but because it stresses the plant and some strains cant handle that and hermie. That is our theory anyhow......:)

Another great combo team that is fair in price is using Snow Storm Ultra and Crystal Burst as your flowering boosters.

So, the PGR's that are possibly in the shooting powder, make it cost 10x more money?

I guess using the math given above, if you get 5% more yield from a 2 light system at 0.5gpw, you would get an extra 100 grams, or around 3 ounces. At current dispensary prices, that more than pays for the Shooting Powder, but if you can get the same results for 10x less, that's 10 times more money, right?

Sounds like a back to back is coming!