What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A plee for your health

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Even you can identify plant deficiencies as well as protect your eyes...
Method Seven Glasses over cell phone lens.
picture.php

gurnt

Why not get a 3 plug power strip with switch hang on the wall some drop lights less than $15.00 turn on ,turn big lights off won't mess with your light timing?

N

noyd666

yes got small work lights, like making things, checking out resistance indoor grow glasses 149.00 bucks .

Arminius

Veteran
Got my Method Seven glasses (luckily a local company) for $125 on sale... Worth every penny!

sso

Veteran
ran a vertical mh for a month.

i still have slight eyeproblems (mostly at night.)

kinda like a touch of snow blindness, a hint of a white glare in my vision.

i think good uv glasses are the order of the day in such circumstances, that or turning the light off.

btw, i used a plate to have between me and the mh, whenever i worked in the room.

these albeit slight eyeproblems are after maybe 3 instances of looking near the light.

oh yeah, and its been 3 months since.

Arminius

Veteran
:) hi these good with m.h, too, any special name and numbers to order.:blowbubbles:
My local store is ehydroponics.com I think they are normally $150.
Being that these glasses filter out reds and oranges, I don't see much difference when I am in my veg room. Since most vert, including mine, is done horizontal, protecting your eyes is much less of a concern. Bare bulb HPS is brutal as you know...

GanjaPharma

N

noyd666

eyes.

eyes.

My local store is ehydroponics.com I think they are normally $150.
Being that these glasses filter out reds and oranges, I don't see much difference when I am in my veg room. Since most vert, including mine, is done horizontal, protecting your eyes is much less of a concern. Bare bulb HPS is brutal as you know...
:ying: just looked, 145.00 us. probaly the same for freight, oz.:thank you:

Slangheat

I stole a few pairs of those Rollens from my eye doctor. work great in either my 3k or 6k vert room where i need full coverage. cheap as heck google rollens. they r those disposable blinders the eye doc gives u after they dilate your eyes.

http://rollens.com/

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^nice cheap advice

seriously tho folks, this is an important thread.....
gotta have m7's or groggles or sunglasses at least.

Wendull C.

Veteran
I love to hunt bucks and you need good vision. I have the nick name eagle eye due to me being extremely far sighted. I was having focus problems and slight night blindness but the worst was the headaches that I never tied to being around mh and hps lamps. Since protecting my eyes for six to nine months my focus has come back and though the night blindness is not gone yet it is going. I never look at the lamp or reflector when working either.

VenturaHwy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great thread. I wear glasses so does anyone know if the welding goggles will fit over them? I turn my dimmable lights down and unplug one but I will try to be even more careful after reading this thread. I was thinking about adding a switch to each receptacle so I don't have to unplug them.

I always use sunglasses outside when sunny because my eyes are light sensitive. I like the hiking mountain glasses like these. Glacier Glasses

http://www.hidalgos.com/bolle-glacier-glass-8161-nylon-frames-and-sunglasses/

http://www.opticus.com/Products/Frames/AltitudeCollection/index.html

They may not be dark enough if you don't have dimmable lights or turn a few off.

B

BasementGrower

got a pair of sunglasses from the hydro store.. but if i dont feel like using them.. im sneak into the room while its dark.. toss on the green lights.. and work.. theres only so much work that needs to be done in the lights..

I can attest for damage with HPS / CFL lighting and it's not that fun.

I was a "Pro" gamer for 4 years, with an MPM (Moves per minute) well above 600. (SC)
Now I have to shut off the tv after about 1-2 hours game play. Under 30 here people!

Welding Goggles!

gualapa

What if I only have HPS lights. Can I just go with regular sunglasses since MH are stronger than HPS (as you say they putt of UV)?

justiceman

Veteran
I just went vert a couple weeks ago. At first I double stacked some cheap sunglasses but they didn't help at all haha. I ended up dropping some cash on the method sevens and I really like them. I can see my plants better and my eyes actually feel relaxed when I wear them.

D

DaveTheNewbie

do you guys with method 7's find long term they work?
i moved from welding gogs to M7s and im finding alot more problems since.
i moved back to welding gogs.

but maybe im just getting old. I hear when you hit 40 your eyes go ...

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
I just switched to vert and am already noticing, I am killing my eyes when I open the door everytime... almost makes me not want to look in there... I need some glasses ASAP, the m7's are expensive as hell but I have seen some suggest the Lumii glasses or just Shade 5 welding glasses... what is the general consensus? Maybe double stack them? Lol