What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Oregon Organic Guerrilla 2009, with your host BACKCOUNTRY

hamstring

Veteran
BC
No need for any apologies. It's obvious that your dedication to your family is the very same we see in your threads and your grows. I am glad to hear the fam is doing well.

Too bad about the spot with the rouge bear I was interested in that one. I love to happen upon those, lots of research actually but lucks helps for new spots.

boroboro

No apologies necessary at all. Thanks for the detailed description of your soil mix, and the detailed photos of site construction.

I usually grow in swamps and marshes with lots of water. Its very awkward to get to the sites, though, and hard not to leave a trail. I much prefer my sites on high, dry ground, but they get too dry and need watering. I'll be following your Earthhole experiments closely, they look very promising.

Do you cap off the fill tube of the EarthHole when not in use?

Do you use a dipstick to check water level?

sunwukong

Backcountry = Underground inventive, overground effective. Been looking for this thread all spring! Good to have you back man. Sorry your child was (is still) sick. Hope and pray all turns out well. I live in a more forgiving ecosystem to mj growing. Whenever I feel overwhelmed by the guerilla work load, I think of you and Fastpine sweating it out under the desert sun, and then I tell myself to shut up and keep digging. New guerilla growers take notes. School is in session. The guerilla guru is back!

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Good to see you BC. I´m sending lots of good karma to you and yours :smile:

Your grow is outstanding as always :smile:

P :smoke:

Lifebreather

Veteran
Hello fellow Oregonian! Great looking concept here, going to try something like this next year when I can get into a home with some land

Glad to hear things are lookin' brighter.

Tagging in.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
Thanks again to all!

Do you cap off the fill tube of the EarthHole when not in use?

Do you use a dipstick to check water level?
picture.php

Thats using your dipstick......JIMMY!!!!!!

Yes, I have a rock that is shaped well to plug the fill tube, but it is not air-tight, and yes I do use a dipstick to check the water level, then I measure the wet part of the stick to determine water capacity.

I tried to get my info straight as I could in this thread, but I didn't take the time I usually do to explain things as clear as possible, I was just trying get a thread slapped up before the season was over. I'll try to fill in the gaps and re-edit things as I go.

bongcritter

Allow me to pull up a chair...your posts in the outdoor forums have been EXTREMELY valuable and have given me a lot of inspiration and knowledge!!!

This thread should serve as a great way to inspire young, noobie outdoor growers such as myself to strive for the best.

Hope your child is doing well, k+ going your way!

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Weekly update

Weekly update

picture.php

Here is the Earthhole plant, she seems to be doing well, looks like I'll need to add wire to her fence, as she is expanding fast and is now pushing against the cage .

For the purpose of documenting the progress of my Earthhole experiment, I'll be listing the temperature, rainfall, and humidity statistics for my area, for the 7 days preceding my weekly check up, and refill. I'm including the Humidity stats because it can make a big difference on fast the air sucks water from your plants, the drier the air, the faster your plants use water. Remember, high humidity bad for humans, low humidity bad for thirsty plants.

Earthhole test, Week of July 2-8

Daily totals
July 2- High 100F, Low 59F, Avg humidity 41%
July 3- High 99F, Low 65F, Avg humidity 36%
July 4- High 99F, Low 63F, Avg humidity 36%
July 5- High 94F, Low 56F, Avg humidity 32%
July 6- High 83F, Low 51F, Avg humidity 41%
July 7- High 81F, Low 53F, Avg humidity 45%
July 8- High 80F, Low 49F, Avg humidity 49%

Week totals
Average high 91F, Average low 57F, Average mean 74F
Average humidity 40%
Total Precipitation: 0.00 in
Water used in this period= 2.5 gallons

The other 3 plants look great, they are getting 2 gallons per week by the way. I'll wait a bit to post pics, considering they have not changed much from last week(gotta save picture space).

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
picture.php

Here is a cutaway view of the Earthhole I have going right now. 11.5 gallons of water capacity and 10 gallons of rich potting soil.

Last edited:

mysophilia

Got worried about you last year.. Glad to see ya still around.. SOrry bout the sickness in family.. Great start to 09.. Digging the concepts... Hope they pan out with all that effort into it..

G

Im hopin and wishin the very best for you and everything thats important to you BC. Your'e a good person that helps others whenever you can, ive seen you do it and i hope you get it back 10 fold..

Like Paddi, i wish good things your way and i know that Karma eventually shines on those with good hearts.

oregon_guy

Got to love living in Oregon :smile:.

That is very nice of you Backcountry to share your knowledge and tests of Guerrilla growing. Looks like those will be great!!!

:joint:

Beautiful plants, if I would have seen the earth holes I would have used them this season, it makes so much sense. Thanks for your help and good luck in life and it's many curveballs!

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wish you and your family the best fro this season and the future

nice and inspiring grow as always

as always im also tagging along this season