What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Blend Pro Info

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
notpot I read in a thread that we must understand that our lovely ladies eat and shit in the same tank. This is why it is important to change your res atleast every 2 weeks if you are using a 25 gallon tank. Take care of them and they will take care of you. Money is not an issue when you think about the big prize (Big Ole Floppy HOOT sorry Buds) for spoiling your ladies. I use Hydroguard instead of the sm-90 and must say I truely love (thanks Tex) the Botanicare Line of products. Good Luck. Post up some pics.

Mr.Wags

G

Not at all, a 25 gallon res is perfect for a 25 site aero. You would be suprised how much it takes to keep circulating at the right/optimum levels.

You'll be in great shape

Tex

G

So Organic Nutes can be used in say a pre-built system like a Aero20 or Aero 36? How does the nutes work with the filter bags for the pumps? Do they clog up or is that not a factor. I have no idea as i am using General Hydro line for the Aero unit. Let me know from the country of Texas ;-) thanks Jubei

G

There are not that many solids and or sediment that builds to bad. I would still rinse the filter element frequently. I haver even eliminated it all together and it didn't seem to matter to much. The pump still just kicked it up the tube. The nozzles require a little more TLC though. They can clog easily.

I add a shot of my grow nites sometimes to the cloner in the last week before transplant and they seem to like that as well

Tex

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I use a powerhead in my tank to circulate the mix and tested each nute individually before this latest grow to see what got caught in the filter and found Liquid Karma was the only additive to be trapped and I mix well in a seperate container before adding to the res.

Mr.Wags

notpot

ok well I just did the math and its going to be $10-13 per res fill. I guess it will work out about as much as the cost of dirt and all its amendments.

i dunno about you guys but i have all kinds of floaties in the res when i shine a flashlight in i can see them everywhere. also a fine sediment lining the whole res. i dont have a powerhead or anything providing constant mixture, just a 400-500gph pump and the return line, and i mix it up manually pretty much daily. what size powerhead/res do you use mrwags? i got a powerhead a while ago and that shit was weak

G

A bubble wand/stones works well also. Floaties on top are cool because your pump pickup is on the bottom.

Tex

G

Well I wish I could say it can be done, I mean I have done it, a full complete grow with PBP nutrient's and did not change the reservoir, but I also had a good bacteria field established, but for the biggest part it is highly recomended to drain a system regularly to prevent a build up of problem's that could occur. It can cost you the grow or major set back in recovery time and is not recomended for new grower's as even experienced hydro head's have trouble with it.

Now the first run I only drained the vegy mix as that cycle was ony 2 week's long, refilled to bloom nutrient's and would have went the distance but I some how grapped the wrong jug and poured crap in as top off, so a drain and cleanning flush was in order, but that next refill completed the next 30 day's of the floral cycle.

It is called reservoir managment and how the life cycle in it is maintained. Plant's will expell waste and roots will die and all create's a bad bacteria field in the water. Organic's seem's to work a little with this, at least I think so, but with the added bio field in the system I was able to go the distance with a 20 gallon reservoir.

The other reason I had decided not to drain is that I topped off over 180 gallon's in the bloom stage, so if I did it the drain refill when original volume was reached, well that would have been an extra 180 needed to complete the cycle, wow did I do my math right?

180/20 gallon res = 9 time's I would have had to refill, so 9 x 20 new fresh gallon's of RO water would = 180, so that would mean a total of 360 gallons for the bloom cycle, and I had 18 plant's in the system.

Hummmmmm, that is alot of water, so just say one way use a bit more than the other way.

At first it seemed strange to leave it all in, but to me organic's is just starting to work after a week or so and I just felt it was wrong to drain it away and the plant's just drank up the water so I just kept going with it.

In many way's I had many thing's wrong in the garden, did it aid in the reservoir's survival, I do not feel it did, but all finished well enough for me.

grow safe.

realhigh.

G

Interesting note on PBP Bloom soil formula

Interesting note on PBP Bloom soil formula

I noticed on a new jug of PBP Bloom there is and asterisk with the following text:

*If using reverse osmosis water, it is recommended to use 1 tsp (5mil) of Cal-Mag Plus per gallon (4 liters) of water.

My last jug did not have that info on it.

G

RH, you are right on the money with your water calculation.

I run a 3x3 with (18) 5.25' pots/plants and during the flower cycle alone i go through 360-375 gallons of water but I only completely clean my tank 3 times during that cycle.

I change once at around 3 weeks again at 6-7 weeks and once to setup flushing. I started adding 5 gallons of full strength nute water by just topping off the res. every couple of days to keep the water level good in the res.

They are some thursty bastards I know that

Tex

budwoofer

Do you guys flush with pbp? As in feed only ph water without nutes during the last week or so? Is it noticeable in the taste of the buds if you feed full strength till chop using pbp? Thanks Keep smokin

G

Botanicare makes a flushing agent called "Clerex" and have used it off and on to see if there is any noticable difference between it and just strait tap or r/o water.

Not much difference that I can tell but tou are pretty effectively flushing with either method.

When you run right up to the end with nutes the smoke can have a minerally sharp taste and a harsh smoke and will typically leave a white ash burn. You can water cure to leech out the nutes and that has proven to work very well but you loose alot of bag appeal and smell when you do it that way.

Tex

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now I know this might sound crazy but I have a question,during the end of my last run I cut off a little bud and stuck it in my microwave to do a quick dry (have found a better way now) but when I turned it on after a few seconds sparks went everywhere,I felt this was from the metal in the nutes causing the sparks thus showing that a flush with organic nutes is necessary to get the metal's out? Just for shits and giggles I did the same thing after I flushed and chopped with no sparks in the microwave. Am I crazy or does this make sense?

Mr.Wags

SuperToker

i use clearex to flush and it works very well, and i notice quite an improvement in finishing up compared to just ro water.

deadheadohio

I always use warm water to flush and don't ever have any problems. I have been using pure blend pro in coir I add mycorhizae ti the coir and use silica during veg and regularly give plants hyrozyme and liquid karma . I was wondering if I could benefit by using any thing additional

G

Cal-Mag would be a good ammendment to your feeding schedule. I have found that most strains require alot more calcium and magneseum(sp) than what is in the bloom or the grow mixes from Botanicare.

You might also try Hydroplex or similar as a bloom booster as well in flower. I usually hit them at about week 3 thru week 6.

Good growin

Tex

G

Good read TK
I am currently using FF nutes. But am thinking of going toward the organic side of things. So been reading a lil bit about EJ. And found that it seems to be pretty good stuff. Some ph probs. But very ez fixable things.. TK what do you think about EJ as comared to what you use? Just curious. Again thanx for the good read..
And i hope you if you get a chance to check out my grow. TK, And leave a few words. Would be nice coming from someone like you.. peace..

Sack's First Outdoor Grow
Newest pics of our grow as soon as the site is fixed.

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

G

I have read alot about the EJ but do not have any personal experience with it. From what I have read it is comparable to the PBP but without any significant ph buffers like the PBP.

The one thing I rarely if ever have to worry about is the ph levels, very forgiving with PBP.

Tex