What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Not really enjoying the switch from joints to vaping

St. Phatty

What smoke smells right is very individual.

I can't stand incense in a gym when you're working out.

But if they burned Cannabis in church instead of "frankincense, benzoin, myrrh, styrax, copal" - they might need more chairs.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I've tried the Volcano and a few other vapes and they just didn't hit the spot for me. At the same time I could tell smoking was messing up my lungs so I quit. I've been experimenting with edibles recently and really enjoy them even more than smoking. Gets me way more stoned and helps me sleep.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vape bongs are really good, my vape xhale gets the most use. I still love a normal bong too though. I rarely smoke joints now, too smelly.

insomniac_AU

I've tried the Volcano and a few other vapes and they just didn't hit the spot for me. At the same time I could tell smoking was messing up my lungs so I quit. I've been experimenting with edibles recently and really enjoy them even more than smoking. Gets me way more stoned and helps me sleep.
Glad you found something that works for you mate. I find edibles far more effective than smoking too. It's a bit of effort but well worth it. :)

rlsmooth

I've pretty much consumed my weed by vaping for past couple of years. High end portables produce really tasty vapours, and really clean long lasting high too. Easier to maintain sporty and semi-active lifestyle with it. Using arizer Argo atm.

Smoking weed is bad for your lungs but no comparison to tobacco smoke.
I’m sporty as fuck, running and mountain biking whilst stoned to the bone.

RB56

Veteran
Smoking weed is bad for your lungs but no comparison to tobacco smoke.
I’m sporty as fuck, running and mountain biking whilst stoned to the bone.
"no comparison to tobacco smoke" is wishful thinking. Do either for long enough and you risk lung damage. I used to be athletic as hell, while being a heavy cigarette smoker. Didn't mean I wasn't doing myself serious damage. Actual, didn't mean anything at all.

Smoking weed is quick and cheap. Probably fine for occasional use. Most of us on ICMag consume way too much for inhaling combustion products to be a reasonable long term choice.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Trying to switch at the moment myself.... if only joints weren’t so damn tasty...

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Good discussion in here. I want to get off the smoke entirely now, so I'm about to buy something similar to the Pax (Boundless CF) and put my pipe away for good. I've been vaping concentrates for years, but I still burn flowers, and that needs to stop now.

I've also been trying to work with homemade tinctures to find something that works for me, because I romanticize the idea of being able to take a few drops under my tongue and discreetly get medicated that way.

RB56

Veteran
Trying to switch at the moment myself.... if only joints weren’t so damn tasty...
I've now transitioned to vaping from smoking tobacco and marijuana. Vaping was a quitting scheme for tobacco, so very different. For delivering a maximal nicotine hit, nothing beats firing up a cigarette and taking a deep pull. Lungs, blood, brain, boom. I told myself that I'd be better off vaping nicotine for the rest of my life than smoking one more cigarette. It took a few days to adjust and derive satisfaction from vaping. Then it took a few months before I got bored and stopped. 40 years of smoking cigarettes and now I haven't thought about cigarettes in two years, so successful quitting strategy for me.

Marijuana is completely different. It's something I like doing and want to do. Cigarettes were sometimes satisfying, but mostly maintaining an addiction. What I've realized is that I wouldn't like vaping as my only means of consuming weed. Vaping is for a quick session or boosting the onset of the high I get from edibles. Sometimes I just like the sensation of inhaling and exhaling visible gasses.

Point is that edibles are a critical part of not smoking to me. I consume edibles and vape ever day but edibles are the foundation. I started with edibles because my girlfriend had a collapsed lung and couldn't inhale anything. Found them to be the most controllable and discreet consumption method. I now process at least 90% of each harvest into coconut oil for baking. This has the nice benefit of taking a few pounds of obviously marijuana and turning into frozen bags of coconut oil in the bottom of a chest refrigerator. Handy for reducing problems n an illegal state.

Long story short, if you consume a lot and want to save your lungs, edibles are worth the slight effort to prepare.

S

Sertaiz

edibles are the way if you have time to wait for the effect, but vape then bubble is the best smoking alternative imo. bubblemans pictures of a
jamaican bamboo bubbler with a vape bowl made with bamboo and a hole punched coffee can with coals from a fire in it, already glowing, smokeless coals. hold it over with bamboo tongs and it vapes and bubbles.

if i dont have time i at least bubble my joints with a plastic bottle and a straw, just stick the doobie in the straw. low tech. i make a carb hole too

Egzoset

Salutations Sertaiz,

...a plastic bottle and a straw...

Sounds familiar...
picture.php

It reminds me of my former (left) "Tokeu" strategy - which was absolutely repulsive in retrospective.

Why not think somewhat harder about:

..."The Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation"...

Even forget "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers" like the Volcano/Arizer, actually!

:whistling:

Instead there's a unique opportunity to take advantage from the simple fact that nature's noble substances get selectively collected inside a trichome gland on a molecular basis, at the site of genesis - which also means it leaves potential contaminants behind, in ordinary vegetal tissue soaked/infused with precusors or else (it's filtered out, so to speak).

One can perform this using my "Micro-Bursting" method, equiped with a proper tool to access such experience, as that illustrated on the right side. Aim for trichomes on the contact-surface only, do not allow thermalization to cause heat to penetrate the less noble structures...

:good:

It's all nature's free gift awaiting. No need to worry about poorly purged extracts produced in large industrial equipement that may also happen to concentrate pesticides and whatnot, etc. Enjoy the wide-spectrum of goodies from those trichomes which are microscopic self-contained purist production facilities that can't all go wrong simultaneously; never mind further commercial transformation as that's nothing but unwanted VILIFICATION serving bigot anti-cannabic prohibitionists who are just too satisfied watching us self-poisoning while walking away from perfection, In The Name of Children.

M'well... :2cents:

Good day, have fun!! :tiphat:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
My doctor recommended vaping. His point was to take a look at the plant material remaining after vaping. He said, Do you really want that in your lungs? I couldn't agree more. It makes a big difference if you have a good vape.

Egzoset

Salutations Zeez,

My doctor recommended vaping.

So he's in favour of e-Liquids in e-Cigs, which is what i thought "vaping" was all about, right? Or is it just the effect of some linguistic confusion failing to make a difference between that and more traditional vaporizing??

S

Sertaiz

can vape bud or oil or shatter or rosin or wax. bho oil turns to shatter after more purging, then to wax after more purging. i would vape rosin, which is like white elephants, and i would vape bud or a co2 or o2 extract or anything but butane concentrated and inhaled. i dont know what chemicals stay after the butane evaporates mostly, but my buddys cheap butane said warning contains lead in it so i am over it.
bho oil to shatter loses a lot of weight.

after any kind of vape other than rosin, i would want a bubbler after inline to clean the smoke

S

Sertaiz

i do enjoy talking like dr bronner though, sometimes its fun to read his bottle to people with emphasis.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Salutations Zeez,
So he's in favour of e-Liquids in e-Cigs, which is what i thought "vaping" was all about, right? Or is it just the effect of some linguistic confusion failing to make a difference between that and more traditional vaporizing??

It was about vaping flower. That's why I referred to the remaining plant material after vaping. No idea why anyone would want all that unnecessary stuff in their lungs.

superx

Veteran
It was about vaping flower. That's why I referred to the remaining plant material after vaping. No idea why anyone would want all that unnecessary stuff in their lungs.

Yes your quite correct and so is your doctor, unfortunately some people do not read between the lines before they jump in with there size 15 feet...

Happy vaping

Drewsif

If you 'taste less in a vape' then you weren't tasting your weed at all in a joint, you were tasting the smoke and plant tar.

Sorry, someone has to say it, but it sounds like you're vaping weed with no flavor at all. This was my very experience after I relocated to a monopolized mmj state for a while, Weed automatically lost all flavor. Day and night.
Dispensaries became some odd research experiment for me, to figure out why their herb was such intolerable shit. Everyone smoked and dabbed nasty junk in that state, and played make-believe with the whole flavor aspect, vs everyone vaping back home strictly for the rich sugary flavors. The only professional weed reviewer in that state once praised a strawberry cough for having his favorite weed flavor of "water" lol.

Vaping crappy weed totally exposes it for what it is. If it's weak hitting, the vape knows, if it's dirty the vape knows, if it's lacking it's flavors, the vape knows, if the high sucks the vape is the easiest way to judge it without smoke interference. (Hydro, premature, novelty additives, speed dried, lots of reasons stacked up that makes dispensary weed suck)

I know this is what's going on because again, people who smoked bowls back home cherished the green hit flavor. Cornering bowls was about flavor not potency in my little circle. In Az people literally wouldn't say anything about flavor, cuz they only have access to the vertical dispensary grows. No one in that state understood the importance/existence of flavor.

Personally I haven't owned a pipe in a decade, the first time I vaped I got higher than ever. Bud of even mid quality should taste just like high end hash/concentrate when vaped, overwhelming cotton mouth. Even brick from Mexico tastes great in a vape, sugary, spicy, while most dispensary weed did not even have those basics flavors. Thats really the test, if you dont get crazy cotton mouth from the vape, your weed quality is severely lacking. Thats what causes cotton mouth, medicinally valuable secondary metabolites other than Cannabinoids. Smoke isn't what causes cottonmouth. A single calyx or centimeter of stem in your mouth should give you severe cottonmouth. If it doesn't, your weed is lousy. Hard to swallow for most growers but it's truth. I been eating dank weed and chewing stems a long time cuz it tastes so damn good. Easy indicator of quality.

There is no 'lesser buzz' with vaping either.. Anyone who says that is not getting high off weed, but off of smoke. Or your vape really sucks. The original pax was a horrible vapor extractor, so was the volcano, maybe the pax 3 sucks too? If you want a real vape check out FuckCombustion forums.

But I submit the world is largely smoking shitty weed from dispensary grows and considering the effects of smoke inhalation. a part of the high, and the smell plus the burnt smokey taste the total sum of the flavor. Most people didn't grow up with imported hash and didn't grow that mossy sour sugary dank in the 90s, so to them flavor means hot smoke/tar.

Find a new source/grow method if you cant taste the cedary, sugary, lemony, tart candy goodness in a vape. Youre doing yourself a disservice. Without that flavor, Id rather stay sober. That flavor contains the medicinal aspects that CURED my Chrohns.

Straight up, if your poop doesn't smell like the strain you vaped yesterday, you ain't getting properly medicated. I can always tell what I vaped that way. Dont ask me how. Maybe someday science will catch up, but I know theirs no medicinal and very little recreational value in flavorless herb.

Last edited: