What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best CBD extract for pain?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I have an elderly mother who is in extreme pain constantly. She has been on oxycoton for years, and it does not seem to help anymore.

I bought a syringe of oil from pure cannaceuticals, about a year ago and 1 ml got rid of her pain. It was expensive. I bought crystaline CBD and made my own oil, and it does not work.

What do I need to look for in a CBD product, to make sure it works, and are there any cheap sources???

I do not think she will live long enough for me to grow high CBD strain, but was wondering if it could be extracted with ghee/butter, like I do when making cannabutter for cookies.

Also, will THC kill severe pain?

Thanks!!!

Loc Dog

Veteran
I am thinking the one that worked was a full spectrum cannabinoid mixture, and the crystals that I bought were 99.something percent CBD. It may be the other cannabinoids, or combinations.

I gave her a crumb from one of my cookies, that 1/4th is very strong for me, and is much better. It was from GG4 sugarleaf made into cannbutter, using coconucurry's technique. So very high THC and almost no CBD.

Loc Dog

Veteran
Do CBD and other cannabinoids deteriorate as quick as THC??

ThatSauce

I've just recently started trying products from PhytoDabs and The Cbdistillery. All very nice. I do prefer a combo of isolate with a full spectrum product.

Check out the CBD sub reddit, they have a vetted vendors list (all with any current discount codes!) and LOTS of current reviews/info.
https://www.reddit.com/r/CBD/

The "TerpSolate" from CBDistillery is an incredibly flavorful option. Very nice stuff. The Full Spectrum slabs from PhytoDabs were effective on normal everyday pains I have, nothing serious though. I tried Banana Kush and GSC.
https://www.thecbdistillery.com
https://www.phytodabs.com

Also, here's an RSO option if you're wanting to go that route again. This is something I've been interested in trying and I'm sure I'll wind up ordering at some point. Discount code on reddit.
https://www.lazarusnaturals.com/shop/rso/cbd-rso-1000-mg/

superglue

hey loc
what i use currently for the wife's osteoarthritis in her knee

10 grams of either cbd distillate or thc distillate
9 grams safflower oil
1 gram 99.995 dmso for a penetration enhancer (you really need this part)
mixed on a heated stir plate till it's uniform

this mixture goes into a eyedropper bottle and 4-6 drops are rubbed into the skin around the knee
either mix will take the pain from a 7 down to a 2 in about 10 minutes and lasts for 3-5 hours but you will get some buzz from the thc version

if you don't have access to distillate...then you may try using the safflower oil instead of butter for canna oil and use it as a transdermal type solution

fwiw

Loc Dog

Veteran
Thanks for the replies!!!

She was in so much pain, even taking 2 percocet at a time, we almost had to call ambulance, 2 days before new years. Started giving her small pieces of some really high THC content cookies, and pain is gone. I take about 1/4 which is about 10 grams. Giving her 2 grams, 4 times a day, and she no longer takes percocet or tylenol.

She is a little zonked out, so may try some slightly weaker doses, but she is no longer crying and saying kill me.

Ca420girl

I have found that Papa & Barkley, CBD 30/1 is the best tincture for pain! I had both knees replaced and now have a froze shoulder! Extremely painful and I see a Acupuncturist twice a week! I take a dropper full of the tincture in the morning before any food and one just before retiring and I’m almost pain free! Still have pain in my hand but much more bearable and I can actually get some rem sleep! Very important for healing! I also take a Golden Paste in the morning after my tincture and it helps with the inflammation! Hit me back if you want the recipe! I’ll try to include it here! Blessings!
Sorry wouldn’t take picture!

Ca420girl

I have an elderly mother who is in extreme pain constantly. She has been on oxycoton for years, and it does not seem to help anymore.

I bought a syringe of oil from pure cannaceuticals, about a year ago and 1 ml got rid of her pain. It was expensive. I bought crystaline CBD and made my own oil, and it does not work.

What do I need to look for in a CBD product, to make sure it works, and are there any cheap sources???

I do not think she will live long enough for me to grow high CBD strain, but was wondering if it could be extracted with ghee/butter, like I do when making cannabutter for cookies.

Thanks!!!
Hi,
I have Fibromaylia and had two knee replacements! I live in extreme pain!
The best product I’ve found is the Papa & Barkley, 30/1 CBD/THC tincture! 1 oz

Ca420girl

Expensive as hell! $90a oz! But I can actually sleep! I also take a turmeric tea and it helps with the inflammation! Hit me back if you want the recipe! Good luck! #pInsucks

Ca420girl

Thanks!!!
High THC does not help my pain but it lifts my spirit! Pain has a ugly side effect it makes me mean as hell! The best bud for me is Blue dream to lift me up and I am still looking for a great CBD bud! Have bought several that people sell me but it’s all bs! Still looking for the seed from Colorado that the epilepsy patients use!

brown_thumb

I tried some CBD extract that was a freebie (trial offer) and it did absolutely nothing for me. I'm far better off with full spectrum extracts I make myself.

A side note: I've been drinking Chamomile/Lavender herbal tea in addition to the extract. Totally stress free, pain nearly gone, sleep like a baby. I drink 16oz (.5 liter) full strength (2 tea bags)... plus the extract, of course.

RB56

Veteran
Thanks for the replies!!!

She was in so much pain, even taking 2 percocet at a time, we almost had to call ambulance, 2 days before new years. Started giving her small pieces of some really high THC content cookies, and pain is gone. I take about 1/4 which is about 10 grams. Giving her 2 grams, 4 times a day, and she no longer takes percocet or tylenol.

She is a little zonked out, so may try some slightly weaker doses, but she is no longer crying and saying kill me.
Hang in there and take care of yourself. Tough road you're walking. Best wishes.