What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone familiar with uncle festers skunk?

G13Fan

If i were you guys I would be digging through those Texas Chem beans Greenpoint has right now. It’s Shoreline x Stardawg. You’re gonna find some serious funk in those I’m sure.

I grew out hazemans Stardog (dawg?) with mills it was smelly strong and powerful A++

5Decades

i always found in the 90's that only organic fertilizers got the super stink and taste... ran old RKS and I tried it every way indoor (hydro, aeroponic, dirt)... only crazy stinky when using bat guano fish emulsion etc.......

5Decades

so you didn't use fertilizer?

so you didn't use fertilizer?

so you didn't use fertilizer? just love and sunshine?:biglaugh:

I brought about 5 strains of the crazy skunk inside, tried a few with chemical fertilizers and they did not smell or taste nearly as good....

Dankwolf

The smell was always better in soil . I have super skunk hybrid that comes out smelling of friuty diesel in dwc systems and in soil with sufficient sulfur and organic dry amendments comes out pretty on point skunk / diesel/ friuty .

Soil is King as far as terps go . This is my opinion . If you disagree or don't like it that's ok.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
But I'm not :D

We got skunk in 1981, there wasn't 5 strains of it either. It reeked insanely strong a thousand feet away, using 5 part mix and trace - all chemical fertilizer, and sunshine #4.

Thesearch

Soooo... Top dawg has a *couple* uf skunk #18 crosses, including 2 different mass super skunk/skunk 18 strains.
Sounds promising coming from top dawg, but as per usual, they give zero info that i can find on them.
particularly the mass super skunk backcross sounds promising, but it all hinges on if the mass ss they have is the real deal wall walking pheno

G13Fan

Soooo... Top dawg has a *couple* uf skunk #18 crosses, including 2 different mass super skunk/skunk 18 strains.
Sounds promising coming from top dawg, but as per usual, they give zero info that i can find on them.
particularly the mass super skunk backcross sounds promising, but it all hinges on if the mass ss they have is the real deal wall walking pheno

I gave TNFs Carrion Flower to a friend to grow this year , he brought me back some nuggs it was extremely good. Not so smelly like thru the bag smelly but really delicious and powerful. The leaves looked different than any bud plant I ever seen almost like a cabbage leaf but weed .Really strange but really fun to grow best stem rubs too . I tried TNFs stuff Dom and Lucky now want to try Sam's skunk but it looks like it sells only in europe. :(((((

Thesearch

I gave TNFs Carrion Flower to a friend to grow this year , he brought me back some nuggs it was extremely good. Not so smelly like thru the bag smelly but really delicious and powerful. The leaves looked different than any bud plant I ever seen almost like a cabbage leaf but weed .Really strange but really fun to grow best stem rubs too . I tried TNFs stuff Dom and Lucky now want to try Sam's skunk but it looks like it sells only in europe. :(((((

Nice :) yeah, the cross top dawg refered to as the skunkiest in the room beat out a similar sk18 cross. I would say that one is maybe the best bet of his: "colorado super skunk"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201213-154005.jpg
    Screenshot_20201213-154005.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20201213-153949.jpg
    Screenshot_20201213-153949.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20201213-153908.jpg
    Screenshot_20201213-153908.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 54

5Decades

so me and a friend split some of the nature farm packs, is there such a thing as masculized plants? seems like all of em are males out of 2 dozen and having tons of powdery mildew probs.... they def seem like old school to me, stems have a super good stem rub smell and have a lot of shape and are REALLY THICK... but the PM i'm like WtF
uncle festers, skunk paw, guapo? and khyber.....

5Decades

update, (was gonna post a photo, but something is super wrong with upload photos...... ) but have some of the Grade A skunk (chem91xunclefesters) and it has that double edge leaf thing i saw some people talking about.... but not much smell

TopShelfTrees

My mentor told me the same. Said it was an absolute nightmare for PM, Was part of the reason they let it go. One year the smell got them popped on one plot, the next year they lost 58 out of 70 to horrible PM in mid to late fall. I just wish they had the fore site to do an adage. He said “we had hundreds of beans we never thought to re-pollinate as we were set, But so many great strains were given to us we basically forgot about RKS” fast forward 22 years or so and it’s still in the wind…. I’ve grown at least 10 different “RKS” strains myself with nothing being even close to that straightskunk funk of years ago. I am working with some UFS # 18 atm (master thais beans pre- TNF) as is my mentor we are just exploring the line seeing what can be found atm. Got my fingers crossed 🤞🏻 for something great regardless .

My mentor told me the same. Said it was an absolute nightmare for PM, Was part of the reason they let it go.

User error. A rich body of information exists on the role of Mn nutrition against reproductive crop disease. I'm not gonna tell you how to permanently cure powdery mildew, but if you supply manganese in a manner that actually gets it into the plant sap without oxidizing, you can reduce nitrogen input to compensate for the haulted nitrogen metabolism caused by Mn deficiency. Unfortunately most fert suppliers offer manganese sulfate, which oxidizes easily due to the attached oxygen. The only thing manganese sulfate is good for is converting into manganese citrate..

Diseases and [pests] have nutritional requirements. And they the products of poor health, unmetabolized nutrition.

Not all of us do the McDonald's and mold approach. The junk food and bugs angle.. The treat it like shit and spray it to fend off nature's reapers. Nature only attacks haulted metabolism. If you have bugs or mold, your plants are zombies, partially dead. Living things don't rot, metabolism is the only difference between alive and dead.