What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HAZE?

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Gee wizz, "Nevils Haze" was bad enough, but Nevils Skunk?
Maybe we should just call him Skunkman Nevil?
Sorry I am not trying to hassle you, but Nevil's Skunk???
Isn't that like me playing "stairway to heaven" and then calling it my song? What ever.....
-SamS

G`day Sam

Well Nevil has about as much to do with Mr Nice and naming strains as John Paul Jones does with the naming of naming Led Zeppelin songs .

Shanti is the guy you need to bring that up with . Nevil is no longer associated with Mr Nice .

And even when he was posting at Mr Nice forum he didn`t have much clue what Shanti was working on .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

purple_man

Veteran
high fambz!

good point sams, but if we are honest, everyone and their granny are scamming the bizz and pitching sales for ages. how about every other dutch company pays you for the name and genetics sold for nearly 25 - 30 years?

in my humble opinion, most of the so called "haze hybrids" got as much "haze" in them as a skunk or nl seedbatch which set in the same fridge next to original haze :)

haze in the end of 90s used to be either the already mentionted ones: silver, super silver, nevil, jack herrer, haze skunk, nl5xhaze, that was it, unless one stuck with flying dutchmans original haze or seedsmans.

the original haze of flying dutchmans and seedsman were a class of their own...
hence the "newer hybrids" like amnesia and sour diesel haze and such i wonder, if they should just drop the "haze" tag from the names...

blessss

Mr. Lovebuzzed

people NEED to smoke haze!!!!

THats whats wrong with the world these days.....
To many pill addicts that like that type high,if you can
call it a high???
Although being down an out,can sometimes help too..
Lg

you are rigth its the most popular type of "high" these days. pill-like.

Last edited:

Mr. Lovebuzzed

anybody tried uptown piff from kiona? they say its heirloom haze.

"Collectively known as the New York hazes, which share both a high degree of genetic overlap, and a number of names, “Frankies”, “The Church”, “Piff”, sometimes referencing how the burned flowers cause the room to smell of Frankincense, used in some Catholic masses. Their origin is somewhat of a mystery, but it is safe to say, they are all derivatives of the Northern Lights #5 X Haze hybrid developed in Holland in the 1980’s. Our “Uptown Piff” possesses all of the qualities that make a great NY Haze. With gorgeous resin spangled foxtails of calyxes, and an odd odor of band aids with a delicate floral syrup background, the Uptown Piff will be immediately recognized by those familiar with the best New York Hazes. This says nothing of the effect, which hits fast with an energizing euphoria. Our version is of very high quality compared to what most people think of, when they think of “Haze”, grown sustainable, and artisan cured, leaving behind the negative qualities which commercially produced hazes often possess."

Breadwizard

Has anyone toyed around with the G13 x haze from Barney's farm? I got a freebie and was considering popping it, but am confused about the lineage. Barney's says Hawaii x g-13, do they mean Honolulu haze? Hawaii x haze of some sort?

If it's very meh, I might just forgo popping it.

bigherb

Veteran
Has anyone toyed around with the G13 x haze from Barney's farm? I got a freebie and was considering popping it, but am confused about the lineage. Barney's says Hawaii x g-13, do they mean Honolulu haze? Hawaii x haze of some sort?

If it's very meh, I might just forgo popping it.

It was originally airborne G13 x Nevils Haze , Bred by reeferman .

If I recall this was for the 20th CC , I thought it to be one of the most hazy tasting offerings I’ve experienced in Amsterdam, definitely a quality strain atleast what was offered at that time

1luvbigherb

grayeyes

Mr.,

Whoever is telling you that SSH is fruity or has wispy buds is full of it.

I just harvested some SSH that one cola in particular weighed about 3.6 oz. One Cola!

Mr. Lovebuzzed

Mr.,

Whoever is telling you that SSH is fruity or has wispy buds is full of it.

I just harvested some SSH that one cola in particular weighed about 3.6 oz. One Cola!

hey bro.
I know there is catpiss pheno for example, but I smoked some SSHs and all were lemony minty and very sweet, very.. I am currently growing cut of Jack, I think its relative to SSH. its very peppery and bit lemony, not so sweet. very good stuff. it also have huge colas.

but I want haze that is leathery, eucalyptus, catpissy and incense smelling. I need it to reek! because otherwise customer will grab sour diesel instead, because it reeks more than my Jack in the bag. Jack buds lack that loudness.

thats why this a5 x malawi or bandaid haze are on my list now. I need 11 week phenotype too..

thanks for sharing your experience
with love, Mr. Lovebuzzed.

Yo Sammy

Veteran
Some Haze Hybrids are outstanding. You just need to know how to grow em till full potential.

Last edited:

THC123

Veteran
oooh a5 x durban that sounds good!!! I lost my ag13 mom 1 year ago exactly :( Had her for 15 years, still miss that oniony garlic herby smell and the potent high. Growing her was a bitch cuz she droops like a willow and she flowers long but DAMN what good weed.

I am soon going to pop Karma's a5bx1 and OJD's haze freak which is an ag13 bx1. Hope to find something similar to the moms.

The ag13 is very dominant in crosses so I have high hopes (pun intended :) )

D3pthCharg3

oooh a5 x durban that sounds good!!! I lost my ag13 mom 1 year ago exactly :( Had her for 15 years, still miss that oniony garlic herby smell and the potent high. Growing her was a bitch cuz she droops like a willow and she flowers long but DAMN what good weed.

I am soon going to pop Karma's a5bx1 and OJD's haze freak which is an ag13 bx1. Hope to find something similar to the moms.

The ag13 is very dominant in crosses so I have high hopes (pun intended :) )

You will love those, I know I sure did. Found an amazing A5bx1, truly amazing! Freaks were great too, showed me more citrus than I hoped for but only ran half. Hope you find the ones youre looking for

D3pthCharg3

I've never had the pleasure of experiencing the AG13, except in hybrids...so I'm most likely not the best to answer that. Personally, in regards to the 3 females I flowered, I was looking for hazes that were less lemony. They were very nice plants, just not what I was 'personally' looking for in the flavor dept.

The A5 bx1 was perfect; leather, eucalyptus and garlic; and extremely pungent and flavorful. I dearly miss my old keeper from that pack. I was 10-10 females so no furthering the pure seedline, but I did get the opportunity to make a few crosses....which came out awesome too.