What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HempKat & The Insane Clone Posse

G

Its me Hempcat.I wasnt talking about HS shipping to the US,I was talking about the site you posted www.female seeds.nl.Doesnt matter though I got them from the doc's site

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hey HempKat

you can make ice hash without bubble bags.

first you need a brewers net, a bucket loads of ice and cold water.

chuck your trim in the bucket of water with plenty of ice.

mix it all with a cake mixer for 15 minutes.

now pour the bucket of water with trim and ice through the brewers net bag into another bucket.

now prepare a white clean bed sheet and pour the water through the sheet. all the hash will be collected on the sheet and the water can be chucked or reused to do another run.

this is the cheapest way to make water hash, it just means you only get 1 grade of quality. but it should still be pretty amazing hash even if all the stuff thats separated by the 190, 160 and the 25 bags will be included in you hash it will still be better then most.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
SKELETOR said:
Its me Hempcat.I wasnt talking about HS shipping to the US,I was talking about the site you posted www.female seeds.nl.Doesnt matter though I got them from the doc's site

Ah okay, my bad, sorry for the misunderstanding :)

HempKat

Veteran
gaiusmarius said:
Hey HempKat

you can make ice hash without bubble bags.

first you need a brewers net, a bucket loads of ice and cold water.

chuck your trim in the bucket of water with plenty of ice.

mix it all with a cake mixer for 15 minutes.

now pour the bucket of water with trim and ice through the brewers net bag into another bucket.

now prepare a white clean bed sheet and pour the water through the sheet. all the hash will be collected on the sheet and the water can be chucked or reused to do another run.

this is the cheapest way to make water hash, it just means you only get 1 grade of quality. but it should still be pretty amazing hash even if all the stuff thats separated by the 190, 160 and the 25 bags will be included in you hash it will still be better then most.

Hmmm, okay where does one find a brewer's net and is there a certain kind or would any work?

HempKat

Veteran
fieldgrower said:
youde be able to make some really potent butter from that c-99 trim, and a decent amount of it

Yeah I know but I got a good amount of butter all ready (about 10lbs) so I don't need any more at the moment. Plus getting high from eating it I find to be something difficult to do very often because of how strong it can be that way.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
go to a home brewing supplier, you will find they sell very fine net bags. you could also buy some 220u screen and make your own working bag so to speak. as long as it holds the trim and lets the trichomes through any net bag will do. heck i bet you could even do it with a kitchen strainer if it was big and fine enough.

HempKat

Veteran
Mr GreenJeans said:
10 lbs cannabutter? :bow: :D

Well it's not exactly quality butter, it's made up of all the waste from harvest except stalk and stems, now the high quality trim was seperated but there are lots of small under developed buds in this stuff, mostly though just leaves and even male plants.

I've yet to build up a large enough stash to feel comfortable to use good smoking bud in butter. So while 10 lbs seems like alot, it really isn't all that great. It's best use is to make a batch of cookies or brownies to be used as a sleep aide for insomnia because it usually makes me want to sleep.

HempKat

Veteran
gaiusmarius said:
go to a home brewing supplier, you will find they sell very fine net bags. you could also buy some 220u screen and make your own working bag so to speak. as long as it holds the trim and lets the trichomes through any net bag will do. heck i bet you could even do it with a kitchen strainer if it was big and fine enough.

If I can't find a home brewing supplier where would I find 220u screen?

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
Hence why I bought the bags.
I found every type of screen for hash making was available at an art supply store, it's used for screen printing.

I think butter is too strong, I don't like to lose control and be able to dose it.
I make it for parties and the kids ( the adult ones ;) ) like it alot.

I agree with GM though, I applaud his ghetto and easily improvised method!
I bow to the hash king! :respect:

I've been 3 days no power, damn that puts shit into perspective.

G

I got my power back on day 4 when the hurricanes hit last year,it didnt seem to have a negative effect at all that I could see.Much over 3 days though and I'd start to become concerned,especially with the flowering plants

HempKat

Veteran
SKELETOR said:
I got my power back on day 4 when the hurricanes hit last year,it didnt seem to have a negative effect at all that I could see.Much over 3 days though and I'd start to become concerned,especially with the flowering plants

Oh yeah, I think I remember that, wasn't there a point where you did or were talking about borrowing a neighbors generator for a few hours?

HempKat

Veteran
Suby said:
Hence why I bought the bags.
I found every type of screen for hash making was available at an art supply store, it's used for screen printing.

I think butter is too strong, I don't like to lose control and be able to dose it.
I make it for parties and the kids ( the adult ones ;) ) like it alot.

I agree with GM though, I applaud his ghetto and easily improvised method!
I bow to the hash king! :respect:

I've been 3 days no power, damn that puts shit into perspective.

Yeah, this severe weather the US has been experiencing and the government's poor response cabability to natural disasters has alot of people looking into things like, whole house back up generators. I know I'm going to be looking into getting one when I move.

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
You'd think we learn after the last icestorm in Qc that the best place for cables is underground.
Both my neighbours have generators, my friends have a restaurant and the generator blew, it cost them ~7 000$..
I'm still reeling at the 10 000$ it could cost me to put a heat pump in my place.
Maybe I'll put in the ducting myself seing as I am now pretty good at it after 2 setups.

HempKat

Veteran
Okay, this isn't exactly the same thing but I went and got a new toy that's kind of related. This grinder.

9652grinder1.jpg

It all metal and has the popular magnetized top.

9652grinder2.jpg

Below the grinding layer there's a compartment with a screen, that catches the big stuff and allows the smaller resin particles to fall thru.

9652grinder3.jpg

Below that it has a second chamber with a screen to catch plant matter falling thru the first screen and still let the smaller stuff thru.

9652grinder4.jpg

Then we have the final trap which is just a smooth polished metal surface where the smallest particals collect.

9652grinder5.jpg

As you can see it doesn't yield just pure resin but it's not bad although I haven't tried any yet.

9652grinder6.jpg

Here is a close up of the stuff collected in the bottom.

9652grinder7.jpg

I figure I'll just use this to clean my buds but never really check the bottom part until I've got a good bit of accumulation without grinding the stuff to death, like I did here just to have something to take pics of. I think I'm going to enjoy this toy :)

Suby

**AWD** Aficianado
Veteran
fucking sweet, now I'll have to spend some $ if I want to 1 up you lol.

HempKat

Veteran
JJScorpio said:
Is that bigger then a regular grinder? Stoner gave me directions on doing it with a blender, ice and water. I just need to find the time to try making it. I would guess I have 6 ounces of dry trim

It's a good size but not that much bigger it's about 4 inches tall and about 2 inches across.

G

Yea Hempcat I got my neighbors generator towards the end of day three and power came on the next day.You can bet I bought a new generator last year when they had the tax free week which is coming up again real soon.I think only 5 or 6 states have it I'm lucky saved about 30 bucks.I got a wheelhouse 5550 by Generac,still in the box and I hope it stays there all hurricane season long!

HempKat

Veteran
SKELETOR said:
Yea Hempcat I got my neighbors generator towards the end of day three and power came on the next day.You can bet I bought a new generator last year when they had the tax free week which is coming up again real soon.I think only 5 or 6 states have it I'm lucky saved about 30 bucks.I got a wheelhouse 5550 by Generac,still in the box and I hope it stays there all hurricane season long!

Okay, yeah,I remember you talking about all that on OG. I hope for your sake it stays in the box a good long time. Alas given the trend that's showing in the hurricane patterns the past few years, I have my doubts it will stay there too long. :badday:

So you saved $30 which means it's what? About $600 for the generator? Also how much can it handle and how long can it run? I'm thinking with the advancements made in having generators and the need for them, it may be a wise choice to go totally off the grid with a grow (Envisions cavern sized grow farms underground :D)

Last edited: