What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HempKat & The Insane Clone Posse

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Well as many of you know, although some may not, I was doing a test grow of some feminized C-99's. It's near complete so I'll be posting that before long. In the mean time I had some clones to contend with. Unfortunately I ended up keeping them in a confined area of 4 feet by 2 feet. They were okay with this at first when they were little but by the end of the parent's harvest when I could move them into a bigger room, the had grown into unruly little 21" monsters. They ten of them being confined in that space didn't take to kindly to it and began hurting one another.

As I examined this while transfering them to nice big 5 gallon + pots I decided to dub them "The Insane Clone Posse" as a result. This conveniently also gives me a catchy new title for this new grow diary. :D

Before I get too far along let me show you some up an coming players still in the wings. These you can say are my time travelers as they will be kept alive and propegated on during a down spell I'll go thru during the summer months when it's hottest. Thereby alowing me to do more with the C-99 in the future. There are just four, each about 6 to 8 inches tall. They aren't in the greatest of shape although that should improve since I can give them the same space I gave 10. Still all I'm looking for from them really is a new set of clones maybe around May and once those take I'll likely toss these as they'll be in the way. I might have to do this twice to get to where I want to be.

Anyway here they are:

Last edited:

HempKat

Veteran
Okay now here's the posse :D

9652C-99-Clones-Growroom6.jpg

HempKat

Veteran
As it stands now I'm figuring I'll veg them one or two weeks under the MH 1000W Hid at 18/6. Then Switch to the 1000W HPS and go 12/12 around mid April or so.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good Hemp. My clone posse has a problem. Im not sure what happened but I lost 70 clones to something, and I cant figure it out. You ever have that happen?

HempKat

Veteran
JJScorpio said:
Looking good Hemp. My clone posse has a problem. Im not sure what happened but I lost 70 clones to something, and I cant figure it out. You ever have that happen?

Nope, sorry JJ this is my first go around with clones. How did yours go? Describe what happened.

Sleepy

Veteran
glad you are posting!

glad you are posting!

taggin along for the ride...

i've never been in a 'posse'!! :pointlaug

HempKat

Veteran
R00KIE said:
Nice plants Hempkat.... Those are some bushy bitches... :D
Good to see your back....

Well thank you, actually to me they seem a bit scrawny at the moment but they'll fatten up under this HID soon enough :)

AbaZabba

Good to see you back HK :dance:

How did the first run of the c99 ladies end up, I remember them getting quite colorful and fat before you left. Anywho, great to see ya back bro :smoker:

Clones Clones Clones

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think I got sloppy. Ive had such good luck lately with clones that I got careless and used the same razer without steralizing it. Within about a week, they all got soft and fell over and were rotted. This has put a beating on my mothers and I may even have to start some seeds now....

HempKat

Veteran
AbaZabba said:
Good to see you back HK :dance:

How did the first run of the c99 ladies end up, I remember them getting quite colorful and fat before you left. Anywho, great to see ya back bro :smoker:

Clones Clones Clones

They ended up fairly good, I need to sum up that grow report and repost it here soon to live up to my commitment to Gypsy on those test seeds. So you should see them soon.

HempKat

Veteran
JJScorpio said:
I think I got sloppy. Ive had such good luck lately with clones that I got careless and used the same razer without steralizing it. Within about a week, they all got soft and fell over and were rotted. This has put a beating on my mothers and I may even have to start some seeds now....

I'm thinking it has to be something else. That just doesn't seem like it would wipe out so many. I could be wrong though. It's just that I didn't take special care to sterilize things and I had no problem.

HempKat

Veteran
Hydro-4-Sho said:
this is gonna be a good show i can tell already nice plants Hempkat

Thanks Hydro, I'm hoping it will be good, should be since the last ones weren't too bad.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im still baffled as hell. I can think of nothing else. Real frustrating. I have been doing some reading and I am wondering if the strains are clone resistant. The ones I put in the bubble cloner died to. I shit you not when I tell you I have lost nearly 100 and got 2 to root. This is really wacking me out.....

HempKat

Veteran
JJScorpio said:
Im still baffled as hell. I can think of nothing else. Real frustrating. I have been doing some reading and I am wondering if the strains are clone resistant. The ones I put in the bubble cloner died to. I shit you not when I tell you I have lost nearly 100 and got 2 to root. This is really wacking me out.....

Okay well you've been looking at it from the perspective of "Why didn't those clones make it?" which is the logical approach and would be what I'd likely first do. That doesn't seem to be yielding any results though. So you say 2 did make it, ask yourself then, "Why did those two make it?" perhaps that will lead you in the right direction? Again I'm new to cloning so I'm not much help, my guess based on things I've seen mentioned over the months, for that big of a problem I'd say either too much moisture or too low tempurature.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am also wondering if the cloning powder got contaminated. If at first I dont succeed, analyze the hell out of everything and try try again....lol.....

Latest posts

Latest posts