What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chitosan

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The downside of chitosan is the cost, around $400USD per 500g if sourced in country. I would speculate that sourcing it from India or China is a more cost effective option. You are correct about Bud Factor X, formerly know as Scorpion Juice, containing this compound.

can anyone help me sourcing this.. all I can find is cheap stuff, so I'm thinking this is not the same stuff

also, is this just ground up shell, or is there an extra process they do ???

shaggyballs

Veteran
different products bro... with different CAS#... The bomb stuff goes through a special fermentation

CHITOSAN OLIGOSACCHARIDE LACTATE

CAS# 148411-57-8

Chitosan Cas # 9012-76-4

You don't say????

Would this Ebay stuff be sufficient just not as effective as I purchased it already?
Also could you leave a link to the exact product you use? There are so many.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://www.bestchitosan.com/index_en.html

Kilo shipped from China $135 total! Panda Land has all the goodies for cheap :ying:

thanks,

was wondering though.

cant we just use crab shell, and let it breakdown over the flower period for far cheaper / easier application?

how do we know how much powder to use per gallon, how often, starting when?

can you explain to me the difference in the chitosan, and chitosan oligosaccharide versions? I would think the normal chitosan would break down just fine with time in the root zone? ( not about money ) just wondering if we really need the "extra kick" the other is suppose to provide?

do I have it correct also, the chitosan, is from a method of extraction from crab / shrimp shell, getting the "valuable" material / what were wanting out ( as crab shell has other nutes in it ) ?

vertigo0007

Bought a big jar of chitosan capsules from 'the vitamin shop'. Any suggestions on how many capsules to empty into a galon.

Iffy

Nil Illegitimus Carburundum
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Folks,
Just my 10 cents worth but I found a source of Chitosan made from Alaskan snow crab in China. $53/K & $50 Delivery. It a 'superfine' food grade powder & at that price I'm placing an order today. G.T.C. Bio Corporation - contact: chris@bestchitosan.com

Latest posts

Latest posts