What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deficiency or pH issue: Photos

So, I am working with all Landrace genetics this year! I've fallen deeply in love with the raw base elements of this beloved plant, and I know that Landrace genetics require a lot of fine tuning compared to modern worked genetics.

I didn't have much ability to prepare this year, nor my own place, so I am guiding my girlfriend in a very basic growing direction, not for best results, just for a decent quality finish, (she is growing them at her parents house and I can't go there right now [Not for bad reasons lol])

So I didn't mix any of my own soil, I just got some fox farm ocean forest, and coco loco to dilute the ocean forest for any "light feeders" if need be.

I'm by no means an expert grower, but I have learned a good bit about growing over the years and making my own soil mixtures.

I feel like the ocean forest should have good results for these youngin's, but they seem to not be running optimally, it looks like it could be a possible magnesium deficiency, but I was curious because it doesn't seem likely, so I'm curious if this could also be a sign of the water pH not being ideal for these ones.

These are Nanda Devi, a Himalayan Landrace from The Real Seed Company

The lower leaf sets obviously what I'm talking about, its made its way up from the first to second set.

Attachments

• 581980469.jpg
    581980469.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 581980460(1).jpg
    581980460(1).jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 27
T

Teddybrae

This looks to me very much like a slight Magnesium deficiency. Water with a dilute solution of epsom salts or a LIGHT sprinkle of Dolomite then a good watering. Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts