What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

:::::::Christian Fellowship- Bible Verse of the Day--Please Contribute:::::::

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SandyFantasyman

John 3: 16-17 NKJV

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Yeah okay, but the thing that 'god' is supposedly 'saving' us from is the hell that he created for the explicit purpose of torturing us for all eternity.

If your all-loving god hadn't created hell, what would we need to be saved from?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Incidentally I was thinking how Lucifer was the light bearer and how every time an angel appears to someone there's all this light......

Brother Nature

I liked the Bible, is a good story, much better than Game of Thrones. Though not sure if I'd base my life off a collection of stories...

Pipeline, you speak about freedom of speech etc... then go off on others when people say things you don't like, can you see the hypocrisy there? You've started threads that are attention grabbing on a public forum, you're gonna get people arguing and discussing it, that's how it works. Handing negative rep all over the place cause you dislike what someone has to say is not very Christian. After all, what would Jesus do?

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged:and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. -Matthew 7:2

Last edited:

St. Phatty

I wonder to what extent God designed the very convenient trade-off between carbon based animals and carbon based plants.

We excrete urine and #2, and our excretions are EXACTLY matched to the needs of the plants we depend on. Only in the last 100 years was concern about GERMS ooooh COOOTIES turned into a road-block to the use of night-soil for fertilizer.

Side-stepping those politics, humans and animals and plants fit like a perfectly matched puzzle piece. What we excrete, they eat. The seeds they make, we eat. The O2 the plants excrete, we need.

Is it a match that just happened or a match made in Heaven ?

I think it's a match that just happened, AND with occasional interventions. a la Luke 1 27 38.

I think the animals & plants already had the chemistry worked out, animals excrete urea, plants eat urea, when God noticed and staged some minor interventions.

Luke 1 27 38, describes one of those interventions.

Science and religious history are not contradictory.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm reporting ALL these harassing posts. Just leave the thread alone guys!

Please start another thread for your discussions, and don't destroy this place for christians to share! I post a lot of content to this forum and I demand respect. If I continue to receive this much disrespect, I WILL NOT CONTRIBUTE CONTENT on this forum any longer.

I'm serious.

I need a moderator to help maintain this virtual space as Christian Fellowship-Bible Verse of the Day thread.

Start a new thread guys. Its not cool what you're doing here! Treat others how you would like to be treated. God will judge!

picture.php

S

SandyFantasyman

Hey little fella, respect is earned. You can demand all you want, but as long as you throw tantrums and whine, it will never happen.

Of course if you were a real christian, and not just a phony pushing his bullshit, you wouldn't be striking out at us awful sinners. Or did you forget about "turning the other cheek"? Did you forget about "judge not, lest ye be judged"?

You're just another typical hypocrite, cherry picking the parts of the bible that suit you in order to justify your own prejudices and hate, while ignoring the parts that don't suit you.

Report away.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Let those who wish to discuss their own faith do so in their own thread - on a forum site you are always going to get members from all sorts of beliefs - and if they wish to have a thread based around it - then so be it - if it doesn't interest you - then why get involved?

We already have a Buddhist thread that's about 16 years old - and still members contribute to it.

S

SandyFantasyman

Let those who wish to discuss their own faith do so in their own thread - on a forum site you are always going to get members from all sorts of beliefs - and if they wish to have a thread based around it - then so be it - if it doesn't interest you - then why get involved?

We already have a Buddhist thread that's about 16 years old - and still members contribute to it.

It interests me because my life is directly affected by the influence christians have on society. I attempt to counteract that influence because I don't believe it benefits us.

The buddhist thread is probably left alone because they don't push their religion on others.

Out of my respect for you, I will leave this thread and not return.:tiphat:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks Gypsy! I really appreciate allowing christian believers to have a place to share our faith! Looking for some christian fellowship with like minded folks!

Hey! I will join in the discussion if you guys want to start a another thread! Enjoy your day! ~Peace! :smoke:

John 10:7-21 NKJV

Jesus the Good Shepherd

7 Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came [a]before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a [b]hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd.
17 “Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father.”
19 Therefore there was a division again among the Jews because of these sayings. 20 And many of them said, “He has a demon and is [c]mad. Why do you listen to Him?”
21 Others said, “These are not the words of one who has a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?”

picture.php

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.