What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monkey Shit

Hookahhead

An update on the indoor plants, these photos were taken yesterday (week 1). They have started to stretch the last couple of days, the bulbs were only about 5 inches away from some of the tops. The plants were showing signs of stress, so I moved the lights and cleaned up the lowers. They are now about 12 inches away. I only have 6 inches more of headroom, so hopefully they cooperate.

Before moving the lights and trimming.
picture.php

After:
picture.php

#3 from the top, I forgot to take a picture of #1.
picture.php

P

pongster

hello brother, excellent thread! just as i thought it couldn't get more interesting!

very interesting your pink pistil, it is very gorgeous indeed.
would you mind to comment on those wires/cables and cup of water next to your pots? is some kind of automatic irrigation system?

I want to "sub" but i don't know how so i will just keep coming back :D
Best regards!
:thank you:

Hookahhead

Tycho, I have been bending them a lot, but I'm running out of free space. Not a bad problem to have, it definitely shows that I'm not used to growing in confined spaces anymore though haha.

Pongster, thanks for stopping by! Near the top of the thread, just below the page numbers is a menu "thread tools". You can find the option to subscribe there.

The tubes are the cheap version of blumats, and these are a generic knock off. It's a ceramic cone you fill with water and put in the soil. It acts as a siphon pulling water from the cups, but I haven't quite got it dialed in yet. I am going on vacation for a week next month, and want to make sure my babies don't dry out!
12502.jpg

P

pongster

The tubes are the cheap version of blumats, and these are a generic knock off. It's a ceramic cone you fill with water and put in the soil. It acts as a siphon pulling water from the cups, but I haven't quite got it dialed in yet. I am going on vacation for a week next month, and want to make sure my babies don't dry out!
View Image

thanks a lot brother, well i have ordered some blumats now since i had no idea they existed, hopefully they will be helpful on not overwatering? thanks again and best luck! :thank you:

Hookahhead

The real blue mats that function as a dripper are amazing! There are a few threads on here where people explain how to use them. This type is effective, but definitely requires more trial and error. As long as you're using a decent soil mix that doesn't stay soggy, they should definitely help with your overwatering problem. Make sure you monitor your plants at first to make sure they are working the way you want.

Hookahhead

So they were put under a fan blowing directly down on them for 48 hours, then moved to a desiccation chamber with a chemical like "damp rid" to drawl out the rest of the moisture. They are crispy dry and perfectly preserved now. I'll store them in a container with a desiccant until they get packaged up.

Dry weight: 24.7g
picture.php

Hookahhead

Here we are at Day 30 for these ladies. They are starting to get a bit of an odor to them. I'm guessing we have about another 40 days to go based off the mother. I keep racking my brain trying to figure out how I can get them into more sun, but I really can't think of anything that is logical. Shade grown coffee is great stuff, so hopefully shade grown cannabis isn't too bad either.

#1 - Has the best stem run smell, it's a medicinal type smell. She stopped loosing leaves after I started paying better attention to watering her. She is quick to get droopy, even when you think she should be fine. I've noticed this on the indoor clones too.
picture.php

#2 - Looks the frostiest out of the 3 right now. It also looks like it will probably finish first.
picture.php

picture.php

#3 Not much to say about this plant yet. It's a nice tall plant, and easy to take care of.
picture.php

Hookahhead

Looking good Tycho, I'm excited to see what comes out of it for you!

We're at week 2 on the indoor. They are growing into the light again, some tops are sitting at around 4-5 inches away. I'm hoping that I can let them go a few more days without light stress before I raise the light the final time. If that doesn't work I may just have to move them outside and start over.

picture.php

Thankfully #1 is starting to push pistils, but #3 still looks like it wants to grow more.

picture.php
picture.php

Hookahhead

Day 35

Day 35

The past week the winds picked up. All 3 of the plants were blown over at least once. Luckily only 1 very small lower branch broke off #1, and the rest were fine. I added some larger rocks to the top of the pot to give them some more weight. Sadly I can't ever seem to get good pictures of the plants. I feel the jubgle in the background makes the plants stand out less, but when I use the roof as the background it doesn't look any better. I'm using an old cell camera, so that has a lot to do with it too.

Day 35

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#3- I finally have something to comment on this plant. Unfortunately it's hard to get good a picture of it. Instead of growing a top kola with buds tight along the stem, each bud is on its own little branch. I originally thought this might be good for mold resistance (smaller more spaced out buds), but now I'm noticing it also makes for a leafy mess. Here's just a bud shot for now.
picture.php

Last edited:

Hookahhead

Starting Week 3 for the indoor plants. I top dressed both containers with some fresh soil and watered heavier than normal. I'm not really sure what happened, i think it's probably pH based. Both plants got a little fried, but plants #3 took it hard. It's kind of interesting because outdoor #1 is more finicky than #3.

I was already a little nervous about having that much plant material in the small cabinet during flower. I'm not running a dehumidifier, and it's rainy season in the tropics. I haven't grown indoor in a while, but I know less than healthy plants + high humidity = mold problems. So #3 got relocated outside. Both plants got a heavy flush of neutral water, hopefully they recover quickly. I'm embarrassed to show shitty plants, but that's the risk with keeping a photo log.

picture.php

Hookahhead

Finally another update. I was on vacation last week so I didn’t get any pictures. I got a new phone, slightly newer than the last one, but at least it takes much better pictures!

#1 indoor @ 5 weeks - She’s developing nicely. Easy to grow just keep her well watered and she does her thing.

picture.php

The container with #3 that got fried has been outside for 2-3 weeks now. They’re just stalled, neither thriving or dying. I have the space so I’m just going to let her go and see what happens.

Outdoor @ 56 days. We’ve had hard rains the past 3 days. I’m pretty sure they knocked some trichomes off. I’m keeping a close eye on them, and might have to cut earlier than I want due to being so wet.

#1 - she has some nice loaded branches, which are starting to bend under their own weight. I have had to tie a few of them up for fear of breaking. She doesn’t seem to be pushing out many new pistils, but isn’t swelling much yet either. I expect her to go around 10 weeks.

picture.php

#2 - she’s just about finished. She has been swelling for 2 weeks now. I’ll put her under the scope in the next couple of days, I’m planning on cutting at least the top half at 9 weeks.

picture.php

#3 - still throwing out a few new pistils. Hasn’t started to swell at all. I’m guessing she’s going to go around 11 weeks if the weather permits.

picture.php

I placed large clones of #1 & 2 into flower yesterday. #3 finally got repotted and will be switched to flower next week. I’m trying a new spot in the yard that gets more sunlight, im just not sure if it’s dark enough for them to make the switch.

Last edited:

Hookahhead

Those are some nice and healthy, vibrant green plants you've got there!

Thanks! I am still figuring out a lot here in this environment, but I’m making progress at least.

Mom #2 was brought inside today for 24 hours of darkness before I chop the top off her. I’ll put the bottom back out for another week to develop a little more.

picture.php

picture.php

Mom #1 is finally starting to swell a little bit, though she is still pushing a few new pistils. She looks great and I’m getting anxious to chop her. I’ll let her go at least another week.

Mom #3 is still pushing out a good many new pistils. I’m thinking she will go at least 12-13 weeks, weather permitting.

Clone #1 indoor @ 6 weeks. I wonder if this will finish faster than the mom outdoor.
picture.php
picture.php

Hookahhead

Unfortunately smells are pretty unimpressive... fairly low odor. Even while harvesting they didn’t smell to much. Generic marijuana odor, sweet smelling fruit with just a hint of funk. Sadly, I don’t think these plants have been getting any direct sunlight for the past month or so, which definitely hindered them some.

I harvested #1 yesterday @ 10 weeks. She probably could have gone 1 more, but I was getting impatient and I found a few small spots where mold was starting. I took off all the big fan leaves before the photo. I think this is my favorite plant out of the three.

picture.php

The plant indoor is a clone of this one. It’s looking good. Even the indoor plants have a fairly muted smells.

picture.php

#3 is the last mother standing. She is still putting out new pistils, even in the top bud. She has another 2-3 weeks to go as long as the weather cooperates.

I have large clones of 1 & 2 that I flipped 2 weeks ago. They are in a a spot that gets a few hours of direct sun at least. I’ll get some photos soon. Both have been pushing out buds for a few days, #1 flipped first though. I have a large clone of #3, but she won’t get flipped for another month. October is our rainiest month, and I don’t want anything flowering during that time. It’s going to be a nice bush by then!

Hookahhead

Here are some of the other plants. They were flipped July 14th. I came home early today and caught them bathing in the sun. Both are apparently a nursery for grasshoppers nymphs. Trying to figure out an organic method for dealing with them and caterpillars. I haven’t been able to track down any BT or Spinnosad yet. The grasshoppers weren’t a problem on the roof...

Clone #1 @ 2 weeks. She was topped a while ago and I pulled down the new growth to make her bush out. I’m pretty excited to watch her fill out. She’s thirsty in this picture, she always shows neglect faster than the other two. I gave her water in the morning before I left. This plant loves to drink, today I put a saucer under her to give her a bit more of a reservoir.
picture.php

Clone #2 @ 2 weeks. I left this one to normal, I probably should have topped her because I’m interested in how she would have responded.
picture.php

Clone #1 & #2 @ 2 weeks. I did not take any more clones of either. If I had to choose right now without smoking any samples, out of the three, I would choose #1 as my “keeper”. None of them are top shelf buds by today’s standards. However all of them produced decent looking buds. There was a large amount of variance in structure and bud development between all 3. This makes me curious to pop a few more in the future.
picture.php

Hookahhead

Mother #3 is still enjoying life on the roof. She’s at 11 weeks now, and finally slowing down. She doesn’t seem to be pushing too many new pistils and is starting to swell a bit now. I’m hoping I can chop her next week, but I might give her another 10 days. I’ll post a pic before the chop.

Here’s the indoor clone of #1 @ 8 weeks. Buds are starting to get fat and heavy, the bigger ones can’t support themselves anymore.

picture.php

Unfortunately, I noticed a little spot of budrot on one of the nicest tops. I think maybe a caterpillar or something got in there and was eating it, but I didn’t dissect it too much because I didn’t want to spread the spores. The top I chopped is just to the right of center. I turned my fan to high just in case.

picture.php

picture.php

Here’s a good bud. They’re getting fat and sticky, I’m pretty thrilled to see how well these lights did. I think she has at least 2 weeks left. I’ll start scoping her later this week.

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts