What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

WV SP 250 test/grow

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'll probably start a few more things tommorrow, just get plenty of seedlings and pick 2-3 to flower under the SP 250.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ok guys here's a tray of seedlings that I started. I had to start a few others I accidentally let in water germing to long, my wife has been sick and Ive been tending to her needs a bit until she's feeling ok. And I usually do my seedlings in my garage but I've got a very tight space in my grow area here im keeping seedlings. I clean my floor once a wk with a bleach solution but it's old and needs a coat of sealer, so the floors are clean lol, they look dirty but there not.

I use jiffy seed starter or something of that nature for seedlings, maybe add some perlite. I like to use the small Styrofoam cups for seedlings. I usually keep them in the cups around 2wks. I'll keep them on 24hrs for about 7-10days then around the time I transplant I'll start the 18/6. But I usually go to 5gal buckets after that, but since I definitely can't get 6-10 plants in 5gal buckets for a 2x4 area.....I'm gonna keep 4-5 and transplant to 1gal pots or something so I can show them Veg for a bit. And then probably 2plants will go into flowering in 5gal probably . It's took me a sec to figure how I wanna do this and that's kinda my best plan!!!. I like to water my seedlings with a 1/4 strength or so maxicrop liquid seaweed. They love the stuff Ive used it for yrs. That's the only thing I use for a few wks while there seedlings

Ive got Cannarado Dubble Sundea, Grapeology, Cali Connections Bellini, Lemon Tart, Dinafem Ocean Grown Cookies, and Moby Dick. I may throw something else in there, but of course most of these will be grew outdoors since only 2-3 will be flowered out under the SP 250

Attachments

• 20190528_003109.jpg
    20190528_003109.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 30
  • 20190528_002900.jpg
    20190528_002900.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 20190528_011835.jpg
    20190528_011835.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190528_012352.jpg
    20190528_012352.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20190528_012214.jpg
    20190528_012214.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 32

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a few more, Its very tight here were im keeping seedlings. When I move to the veg area Ive got more room to get pics. Ive gotta alot of stuff I wanna do to help my grow area. But I've got some home improvement things I gotta do. Ive got about 40x10 to use, and have already did a ton of work fixing it up. Ive got some things im gonna fix up this fall !!!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
That's my fault with the lanky seedlings, like I was saying I didn't get a few of those under the LED when it popped. Also wanna add that the SP 250 is beening used just like I received it. I haven't messed with turning it up, like the guy on you tube does by removing the ballast. And I've just been keeping the seedlings kinda off to the side with the light a few feet above them. The heat is nothing like a HID light. You can keep a box fan or oscillating fan blowing and it's easy to keep cool

Off to the races. I started a new seedling as well. I'm worried one of my plants isnt going to make it so planted an insurance seed. If the plant in my tent pulls through this new one will grow out in my garden.
Happy growing
StaySharp

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Off to the races. I started a new seedling as well. I'm worried one of my plants isnt going to make it so planted an insurance seed. If the plant in my tent pulls through this new one will grow out in my garden.
Happy growing
StaySharp

Yea I know it gets boring with seedlings, so after the hype of the ts-2000 giveaway they should be getting ready to switch into Veg!!!! Alot of thanks to mars hydro for giving me and some others a chance to test there new SP series!!!:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Here's a few others that's a few days younger. All the ladies have got a nice root system. Ive been kinda trying to let a few of the younger plants caught up to the older ones....lol yea I'm gonna have trouble picking 2-3 plants to flower, , But here's a few more pics...

Lemon Tart

Moby Dick

Ocean Grown Cookies

IBK

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I took those pics in a different area so they looked better. I'm gonna be transplanting the next few days and get into the Veg area im using for the SP 250!!! Im gonna be going with roughly 2×4 as per Mars-hydro suggestion.

Also wanna add that Ive only watered with 1/2 strength maxicrop liquid seaweed, and of course plain water....Ph around 6.5 maybe a bit lower.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want one! How much are they? Even if I only use it for veggies in the winter, thats good light! Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Website sponsor! Looks like a good light! Worth the money!

https://www.mars-hydro.com/hpcall/most-popular-products/buy-mars-sp-200-led-grow-lights-for-for-sale

Mars SP-250 LED Full Spectrum Hydroponic LED Grow Light
10 Review(s) | Add Your Review

• Coverage: 4'X2'
  • Average Yield: 2.5g/watt
  • PPE: 2.7umol/j
  • Replace HID/MH: 400w
  • Draw Power: 232W + - 5%@AC120V 242W + - 5%@AC240V
  • Noise Level: 0 DB
  • Spectrum: 650-660nm,3000-3200Knm,6000-6500Knm
  • Product Size: 1000mm x 90mm x 80mm
  • Life Rating: 50000-100000hrs

US$289.99
US$259.99

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I want one! How much are they? Even if I only use it for veggies in the winter, thats good light! Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Website sponsor! Looks like a good light! Worth the money!

https://www.mars-hydro.com/hpcall/most-popular-products/buy-mars-sp-200-led-grow-lights-for-for-sale

Mars SP-250 LED Full Spectrum Hydroponic LED Grow Light
10 Review(s) | Add Your Review

• Coverage: 4'X2'
  • Average Yield: 2.5g/watt
  • PPE: 2.7umol/j
  • Replace HID/MH: 400w
  • Draw Power: 232W + - 5%@AC120V 242W + - 5%@AC240V
  • Noise Level: 0 DB
  • Spectrum: 650-660nm,3000-3200Knm,6000-6500Knm
  • Product Size: 1000mm x 90mm x 80mm
  • Life Rating: 50000-100000hrs

US$289.99
US$259.99

Honestly using MH/HPS 20+yrs and never using a LED I was a bit skeptical. I'm pretty open minded, but given the light or not...I definitely feel it's worth $275-$300 as suggested. When i got it the first look is quality in my mind. Then you get it out and plug it in and holly molly, it's alot brighter than I was expecting. It's simple to setup/hang, opposed to air cooled hoods and all the ducting, glass weight...its all a pain in the ass. And you look and see this SP 250 hanging there and your like this is so much easier faster etx. Also I think it seems to penetrate the plants canopy very good when I tested it on flowering plants a few days. Dang I'm talking myself into buying another one of these!!!! I can't say really what I think until I see a lady flower under it and see for myself, obviously Ive read the reviews and seen beautiful flowers grew under it. Id don't think youd be disappointed is what im saying Pipeline, and others aswell.

Also if you haven't checked out Mr B thread it's the ts-1000 mars hydro thread. And he's got some nice plants going under that light.

I really like the White Light, I'm figuring to get some tight internodes with it.

Can't wait to transplant and get Vegging :dance013:
It's gonna be 5:2 to 4:2 Promix/Ocean Forest with 30-40% perlite, dolomite, and that's pretty much it. I add other stuff sometimes but this BASIC soil mix will grow you beautiful plants. I see so many younger guys/and newer growers trying to mix 100 things up, or try and get into using that live soil. Just something way over there heads. I know you gotta learn but I've offered that mix to everybody that seems like they need to simplify lol. I just try to help guys grow beautiful buds if they don't wanna take advice/help then I can't help that. You can add great white/plant success, and presto....go grow weed. Good water, environment, ph....1, 2, 3 start there. Heck I was watching a very young guy on youtube. And was kinda listening to something he said and have used it to help. So if it's good advice/help don't worrying about age. Because alot of the young guys are up to on all the new stuff!!!

Looking forward to a good grow, couple wks veg and I'll flip'em!!! I'm a little worried about some of the plants I grow tend to have a large foot print, hanging 2-3ft off the sides of 5gal buckets lol. But rest assured I'll fit as many as possible into flowering. I'm curious to see what kinda final weight with 1 SP 250 in app 2x4 area. I want a bumper under this SP 250!!!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cool! Sounds like LED's are the way to go now. I know I got some new technology LED head lamp light and its is ridiculous bright! I don't know how they did it, but it intensifies and disperses the light better for better use as a headlamp.

I like the idea of not having as high of a power bill. Could the seedlings go straight outdoors after being inside under this light or is there a hardening period?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Cool! Sounds like LED's are the way to go now. I know I got some new technology LED head lamp light and its is ridiculous bright! I don't know how they did it, but it intensifies and disperses the light better for better use as a headlamp.

I like the idea of not having as high of a power bill. Could the seedlings go straight outdoors after being inside under this light or is there a hardening period?

I plan to put them straight outdoors. The extra ones are getting put outside as we speak. The easy on the power bill is a big thing that's for sure.

I transplant the seedlings, I could've done it earlier but they got a nice root system to start into Veg. I'll get some pics and updates soon!!!

Here's a few pics of the roots

Ruby_Abu

Oh, this is another new light of Mars? The color looks like HPS light. Is it very hot like HPS?
I have finished my first LED with Mars reflector 192. Not impressed but still happy with the first try.
Hope to check the performance of this light from this thread.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
No it's not hot like HPS, it's more of a white. And the units are very cool. Nothing like HPS heat. Yea I've always used MH/HPS, we'll have to see how they grow under it. I'll be getting some pics and updates