What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cuomo announces for legal recreational

igrowone

Veteran
the title says it all
it looks like it will happen
at this point i guess it's 'what we will get?'
much hoping for some home growing, take nothing for granted though
4 plants would be ok, probably no more is my guess

Buddy Guy

I think it will be no hom grown and govt taking over. Phillip Morris grown and sold through stat run dispensary. Although I also think once the announcement is official, the flood gates are open and people will plant outdoors more if not, start setting up more indoor grows.

We’ll see. I’m starting a bunch of seed now to prepare anyways. Either way I’ll keep on keepin on. To hell with legal/illegal bullcrap.

igrowone

Veteran
i'm hopeful for a couple of reasons
the first is the legal that was being crafted last time had home growing as a part
normally the legislation picks up from where it left off
and the second being cuomo did not mention any conditions in his speech
he certainly did mention conditions when the crappy medical was being put together

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
the governor is a mother-fuker - against even medical, then when nixon is opposing him, he is ok with medical, then doing a 'study' on rec ... he see's a;; the surrounding states talkin about legal rec, and he want's the tax rev... he is a scumbag... fuk him...

as to if it will pass... maybe it will, but it won't be in 19.... toooo many opponents in albany... gotta wait for the cig co's to start passing out $$$$ b4 passage...

igrowone

Veteran
this is the good thing about slimy politicians
they can be bent to the voters will if it's plain that it will hurt them if they don't
cuomo is watching 2020 real close, he wants it
and he can see the legal writing on the wall, time to put this behind him and sooner than later

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
and he can see the legal writing on the wall, time to put this behind him and sooner than later

yeah u r prob rite about 2020... but he wants to get his grubby hands on all that tax rev... its always..ALWAYS... about the money

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
It needs to be rejected until we get what we want. If we accept it then it's harder to change later.

It will change nothing for me however. I'll never set foot in a dispensary or comply with anything. Haven't had this Jolly Roger raised all these years for nothing.

F Cuomo.

led05

Chasing The Present
the governor is a mother-fuker - against even medical, then when nixon is opposing him, he is ok with medical, then doing a 'study' on rec ... he see's a;; the surrounding states talkin about legal rec, and he want's the tax rev... he is a scumbag... fuk him...

as to if it will pass... maybe it will, but it won't be in 19.... toooo many opponents in albany... gotta wait for the cig co's to start passing out $$$$ b4 passage...

he's doing solely for a run at the presidency in 2020, he's been the biggest obstacle in NYS for over a decade, everybody knows this.... He's a career bureaucrat, that's all he cares about

led05

Chasing The Present
this is the good thing about slimy politicians
they can be bent to the voters will if it's plain that it will hurt them if they don't

exactly - all about continuation of HIS selfish needs....

Last edited:

PDX Dopesmoker

I remember people tried to make Obama having had smoked weed into a negative for him in 2008 and I remember Bill didn't inhale in 1992. Nobody bothered asking Hillary if she'd smoked the chronic in 2016, I don't remember it for her in 2008 either.
Its 2019 now and being against legalizing the stuff is considered a political negative, but still nobody smokes the stuff. When the DEA funded the Cheech and Chong movies they did an amazing job of creating an enduring characterization of potheads as stupid, filthy losers and that prejudice is still a strong influence on public life to this day.

igrowone

Veteran
didn't the candidate from new mex...johnson i think... say he was a regular smoker???

being that new mex is not a legal state, i'd think he probably wouldn't have claimed that
at least not while he was still governor

edit: i'll correct myself, seems to have admitted to occasional use
interesting, not sure why that didn't become a problem for him at the state law enforcement

igrowone

Veteran
my fellow NYer's and other interested parties
Cuomo has shown his cards, no home cultivation in his plan
sigh, i feared the piece of crap would make this move
that said, it's all tentative, not much in stone at this point
we will see how the process goes
if it's no cultivation? it's another chink out of the armour of prohibition
it dies one cut a time

igrowone

Veteran
how are they going to enforce no home growing? lol,such morons
this is going to be much argued in the state assembly/senate
the prior bill included home growing
still hoping a compromise can be hashed out

edit: 1 more tidbit, cuomo slipped in home growing for medical as part of his 'comprehensive' plan

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
But what does enforce mean exactly is the question. It's bad now, is it going to stay the same penalty? So basically I could smoke and possess but go to jail if I grow?

If so that was always my biggest worry. The bastards. I don't want to smoke some horseshit government cabbage. And I won't. I will grow my own. It is such a beautiful plant and I couldn't imagine life without it.

So which would you prefer....Trump or Cuomo for president? I just barfed in my mouth a little lol

igrowone

Veteran
But what does enforce mean exactly is the question. It's bad now, is it going to stay the same penalty? So basically I could smoke and possess but go to jail if I grow?

If so that was always my biggest worry. The bastards. I don't want to smoke some horseshit government cabbage. And I won't. I will grow my own. It is such a beautiful plant and I couldn't imagine life without it.

So which would you prefer....Trump or Cuomo for president? I just barfed in my mouth a little lol

that comparison gave me a little reflux too
but there is some positive here
home growing is peeking its head out of the closet
mmj home growing is an acknowledge that it's on the table
i'm going to hang onto that thought for the moment

Latest posts

Latest posts