What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Am I the OLDEST member here?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought I was older then dirt, but you have me beat as I am 69. I amuse myself by doing a little pollen chucking, but have not found the unicorn of Cannabis yet.

I think the unicorn horn had been ground up as an aphrodisiac. I'll bet you've found some good strains along the way, yes?

Grula

Too old

Too old

you might be the oldest grower on herer. I think you need a couple of years to master the art of producing konsistant weed with decent strenght
Just my two cents.

PS!

For the record I'm pushing 53 years and I think I'm get getting better by the grow

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
You are missing out on the benefits of CBD, my friend!! Instead of clogging up liver with ibuprofen, try CBD tincture or capsules!!! They work great and with a fish oil capsule, as it helps synthesize in the body that already has endogenous cannabinoids.

And I'm in the same age group as Tudo: 65+:rtfo::rtfo:Strike up the band!

65 here also, started in 71, and a huge fan of CBD. I read on Granny Stormcrow that fish oil is good for the EC system. What you posted sounds the same.

How much fish oil? Is 1000mg (300 omega -3) sufficient?

OldCoolSativa

I'm in my 50s, despite the "Old" in my username. First danced with Mary Jane in 1974. Still searching for that 70s weed.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Some great looking bud in your gallery man:tiphat:

id suggest some empathy and you have it all:)
Since it seems a bit of a contest (whose the oldest) there should be no shame in being an "old". No one from any of our generations is avoiding the reaper so we are all equal in the end.

- old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Ratzilla

Ratzilla

2 thumbs up to Ratzilla, the guy who started this thread and is still logging in as of 4/19, so is he still the oldest member, does he still wear the crown???

...... at least he's still older than me!;)

In 2 days I turn 75, hehehe
I know that i am one of the leaders of this wave.
Been smoking since 1969.
I fell immediately in love with MaryJane.
My first smoke was Michuocan-(spel) from Mexico.
I have done jail time for this love more then once.
I have been growing just for my own stash since 2004.
Have not bought any reefer once i started.
Created my own strain I call her Skunk A Rella a cross from a Skunk red hair and Cinderella 99.
She is so sweet!!! Been selfing her for years.
Thinking that I WANT the crown for being the oldest stoner here @ IC Mag.
What say all you rapscallions ? Am I the OLDEST?
Ratz :tiphat:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Getting old in itself isn't so bad. It's the pains, and stuff that quits working, that makes it a hassle.

Last edited:

slacker

I'll skip the age number but my first grow was 77' but couldn't wait any longer so it only got a foot tall.

Ratzilla

Veteran
And just like that 2 more years have past and I am now 77.
Just remember growing old does not take as long as you think!
Still growing after all these years for my personal pleasure.
Thinking for sure that I should get some kind of a plack saying what a curmudgeon I have turned into.
RatZilla :tiphat:

GoatCheese

Veteran
I'll be 71 in June I hope . Getting Corona could be a game changer for me
Even hundred y.o. have survived corona, it’s not a death sentence. Worrying wont do any good but sure it's natural to be abit worried.

Make sure you older guys/gals keep taking your vitamins and minerals, zinc etc, daily, esp. vitamin-D. maybe some Goji-berries, spirulina, chlorella if you can.

..and maybe keep some potent CBD-rich stuff at hand. I had some corona-like pneumonia about 3 years ago, which was somewhat covid-19 like, but I barely had a fever, yet I have never been so sick in my life and TIRED for weeks. Blowing my nose had me gasping for air for a good while and all that good stuff.
Anyway, I smoked some CBD Critical Cure (Barneys) leftovers I happened to find when the pneumonia return to bug me 5-6 weeks later, thou it was noticeably more mild - and it was absolutely amazing how the few bong hits of mainly sugar leaves eased my breathing! I could barely feel the shitty feeling in my lungs unless I took a really deep breath.

About the CBD/THC numbers, I estimate my CBD Critical Cure keeper (cbd version of Critical Kush = OG kush/Critical Mass) to be around 8-10%THC and 12-15% CBD. I can’t get it tested here in EU, but it feels like it’s very good med plant.
..Mixing THC-only weed with potent CBD-only cannabis prolly works just as well, I doubt my keeper has some special magic in it. it’s indica leaning and very potent med-plant.

Vaping is, I’m sure, better for the old lungs than bong hits like I did and I’m in my 40’s. But I’m hitting the bong hard if the Covid pays me a visit, that’s for sure.

Take care you oldtimers. Remember that vitamin-D :tiphat:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
65 here also, started in 71, and a huge fan of CBD. I read on Granny Stormcrow that fish oil is good for the EC system. What you posted sounds the same.

How much fish oil? Is 1000mg (300 omega -3) sufficient?

I used to hang out with Granny a few years back at the dispensary I used to work at...she is a sweet lady that wasn’t afraid to tell you what was on her mind :D