What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Keep my see 1k hps or switch to cmh???

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Ya Ive noticed since I switched to cmh and coco the plants seem much happier and for me it's a little easier to dial new strains.the buds are a little bit smaller but the quality did go up. The frost speaks for itself

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Here's a couple shot at day 63 to show how much this light penetrates. The nugs are solid to the bottom with a good defoliation regimen. Also a shot of a firestorm cola.its about the size of a 1 liter bottle.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
A shot of the room with sour dubb tray on the left at 17, 4 in the middle at 63, SSH tray on right at 52 and 2.0 tray at 30 days.
picture.php
picture.php

SSH 52
picture.php

Wedding cake 63
picture.php

2.0 63
picture.php

painter66

lovely flowers sturgeongenral. sorry if you already said some where but are you using 2x315's for your 630 ballast or was it DE630's
thanks.

Are most people getting better results with the dual bulb 630, or the de 630? Planning to go half CMH mixed with de 600 hps for my new build

Ive never tried the de. I don't have the height necessary to run them. I went with the 630s due to how much cooler they run

Your experience with nanolux quality been good read a lot of stuff that seems hit or miss granted most threads are from a few years ago. Have pretty much been set on them just been debating DE vs dual bulb for the. CMH part of things

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Quality has been better than under the 1k hps. Buds are smaller but light is comparable yield wise. Iv been using them for almost a year now and I like them.

Vash

Ol' Skool
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's some dual 500 watt CMH's out. Anyone had any experience with them? Thought about going that route instead of the 1000w de's.
Plants are looking great, SG.:tiphat: