What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the best seed stash find ever , SSSC i need help

SAMSEED

Mr soul was on a podcast saying that he was working with them way back .... He must have a shit load of old stock .... Any luck with seeds

Ganja baba

Veteran
Just wanted to bump this for a posterity correction: Nevil had nothing to do with the Super Sativa Seed Club (SSSC), they were competitors/enemies. Nevil's company was "The Seed Bank" (TSB) and there was no love lost between him and the SSSC - trust me. I had phone conversations with Kees of SSSC about SSSC vs. TSB. The word "evil" was in kinda common in those conversations; but in the context of TSB behavior at the time.

Just an opinion I might get burned on, but while Sam contributed more genetics than Jesus to all or us, I don't think he was directly business-affiliated with Nevil or SSSC - nor made the commission profit he should have. Both companies directly benefited from Sam's original hard work, don't think anyone could question that one.

Sorry, just like to temper the folklore. Part of my completely deranged natures. All their catalogs are linked in my sig.

Who knows and I totally get you , some times it's a Pandora's box , I'm just happy to have the seeds , I guess it was a long time ago , I can't remember last week at te best of times ,I suppose they could be his genetics used by others at the time , bust honestly I don't want to go sway from my dedication to preserve good genetics and end up being part of who did this or said that I'm sick of years and years of people asking the fellers that where around in the early days wheather they actually had pancakes for breakfast in Feb 22nd at 2pm whilst heavily stoned , or was it bacon and eggs ,
As for the seeds I've been waiting for the right time to pop them , I will pop them this year , fingers crossed I would love to bring some legit old lines back for people to enjoy .

mack 10

Veteran
Not even popped any yet?

Common Ganja Baba, you can do better than that.
I couldn't sit on such gems I would have to pop a few.

Full moon, spring equinox is The ultimate time to pop these.

Someone mentioned MrSoul, he said he had no beans left from those sssc days.
Dam shame.

Does kees still grow? I bet he has some crazy beans stashed
Wonder what he is doing now?

purple_man

Veteran
high fambz!

hells yeah, let em know how kees/cees (now nomercy supply) what a naming coincidence???? used to run the competition with nevil...

still in 2k16 both of em are fuqed, used to be pioneers but now soon to be forgotten...

one got sick the other one got shot, kinda sums up the karma collected over the years, does it not?

still, big ups to mr spees mid cees n schoenemakers, we all have to play out our roles right?

blessss

ps.: don't talk ish about kc please... he had some fuqed up alocohol issues, and im glad he "kinda" recovered... one of the last man standing from that ole fuqed up "mystique" 3ra!!!

pps.: kc is the only guy still doing the original releases, and holding most of the original breeding stock (kc wise) :)

The Revolution

Veteran
The way Dunn described KC was he was a wild cat biker type dude, that was making seeds in his backyard from whatever genetic material he had at the time. Ive heard good things about his stuff, especially the KC36 which Id still love to try. His prices have always been incredibly fair

99%

Ever since Overgrow.com began there have been threads like this "Old stash of Colombian Gold seeds.." or "1960's seed stash found.." or "Found a film canister full of Road Kill Skunk seeds" . Everyone gets excited, the thread grows then 99 times out of 100 there's no more heard about it, I hope this is not just another one that didn't make it.

Here's my advice on germinating old seeds. There's lots of way to do it, but keep in mind that seeds require a combination moisture and warmth to germinate...20C/68F was mentioned previously in this thread, this is too cold.

Place 4 or 5 layers of tissues in a seal-able plastic container, wet the tissues and pour off the excess water and place the seeds on the wet tissues and seal the lid. Maintain the temperature of the container between 24C ~28C, 78F ~86F...after 2 days plant the seeds in new well draining soil and maintain warm temperatures in the room the pots are placed. I usually place the seed in a 1/4 inch / 5mm deep depression, slightly sprinkle soil over it and mist the surface to keep the soil moist (while maintaining warm temps) and if they are viable, you will get some to germinate. Old seeds will take longer to pop, so be patient. After 10 days if no seedlings are growing, try germinating more seeds, but still keep those first pots moist and warm with air movement and one might pop up.

With the number of seeds and the different lots you have I'd suggest trying 5 or so seeds at a time, don't try them all at once!

By far the biggest killer of just germinated seeds are fungus gnat larvae in the soil (these thrive in moist, warm, well fertilized potting soil), if you have had poor germination rates on viable seeds and later dig out the seeds in the soil you will notice the seeds have split open but the insides and tail have turned to mush, with closer inspection you will see the larvae) to prevent this make sure there is no over ripe fruit, fruit peelings, garbage or fresh compost in the vicinity and direct a light breeze from a fan just above the soil to make sure the gnats do not lay eggs in the soil (or screen the area where the pots are with a fine mesh, just screening the top of the pots won't work as the gnats will lay in the drain holes, so screen the area they are in)

Good luck!

Last edited:

mack 10

Veteran
high fambz!

hells yeah, let em know how kees/cees (now nomercy supply) what a naming coincidence???? used to run the competition with nevil...

still in 2k16 both of em are fuqed, used to be pioneers but now soon to be forgotten...

one got sick the other one got shot, kinda sums up the karma collected over the years, does it not?

still, big ups to mr spees mid cees n schoenemakers, we all have to play out our roles right?

blessss

ps.: don't talk ish about kc please... he had some fuqed up alocohol issues, and im glad he "kinda" recovered... one of the last man standing from that ole fuqed up "mystique" 3ra!!!

pps.: kc is the only guy still doing the original releases, and holding most of the original breeding stock (kc wise) :)

Which one got shot?

Any more of the story u can tell.

Love those old pioneers.
Holland really was the place to be late 80s early 90's.
Just rent a 10_000- 50,000sq m Greenhouse and get to work..
Now a days that's impossible ( in Holland)

Ganja baba

Veteran
Update on the stash guys so after over a year waiting debating we are now ready to nearly start working on these , thanks for all the advise guys it has really helped we are awaiting some products for this anti fungal soaks and all sorts so please if you know me then you will know I am strait up , these seeds are what I say they are , I just hope to do the job properly so we can all benifit from them ,

Ganja baba

Veteran
Which one got shot?

Any more of the story u can tell.

Love those old pioneers.
Holland really was the place to be late 80s early 90's.
Just rent a 10_000- 50,000sq m Greenhouse and get to work..
Now a days that's impossible ( in Holland)

I have a back catologue seeds of kc brains and Navana and homegrown fantiseeds . Rememebr Blue mistik and strains like that and loads of great out door plants , back in the day sensi was over all better as yeild was unpredictable with kc , kc and nivana had hacks of most famous strains such as te northern lights widow all the main staple strains but they would add the original new strains like blueberry , much like now days , main stream comps say they have a strain but kc would actually make a copy normally better as it had the actual real clone mums and dads at the time to use , I love all the kc stuff good or bad most was amazing ,

Manivelle

Veteran
if your seeds are what you think they are i think sam will be able to confirm it with his dna map work .

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Ganja, do you have any idea how each of these corresponds to the "M" labeling SSSC used? As far as parentals, progeny and/or X's?

Seems obvious that 'sk' is skunk and 'hs' is haze/skunk... or not? Did you get a cheat sheet from old head guy?