What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the best seed stash find ever , SSSC i need help

Ganja baba

Veteran
That's very good new, they might be like 80% good.

One thing I am concerned with is that the seeds where kept in the fridge but then in the time they took to get to me they were not being chilled , then when I got them I put them in the fridge so I wonder if being chilled then un chilled then chilled again could damage sensative seeds

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
There shouldn't be much troubles with a few days at room temperature... 4°C -> 20°C -> 4°C and so on cycles per se aren't problematic. On the contrary, what should be avoided at any cost are repeated freezing-thawing cycles; that's what really hurts badly.

Ganja baba

Veteran
There shouldn't be much troubles with a few days at room temperature... 4°C -> 20°C -> 4°C and so on cycles per se aren't problematic. On the contrary, what should be avoided at any cost are repeated freezing-thawing cycles; that's what really hurts badly.

I thought the same mate cheers

Ganja baba

Veteran
You worry too much , germinate them & find out .

Haha surly you would want to find out any info you may be lacking when it comes to popping old bean,s so many variables and the smallest one could make all the difference ,
Still I would love to pop all of them and get on with this lol
Thanks mate

Betterhaff

Veteran
Interesting find and having any of those germinate would be a joy just for the experience let alone what may be in the outcome. Good luck.

If you’re going to use GA3 you might want to experiment with different concentrations. I generally use 500 ppm but the common range is 250 – 1000 ppm. Too little may have no affect and too much may cause some issues ie. elongation in the seedlings. I soak between 12 -24 hours and then rinse and put in towels with fresh water until they pop.

Here’s a link to a good book to download, “Seed Germination, Theory and Practice”, the file was too big to upload here. Also are a couple of links to additional supplements. When you open the link there will be a line saying "File", click on that download (PDF File)

http://hdl.handle.net/10113/41278
http://hdl.handle.net/10113/41279
http://hdl.handle.net/10113/41277

Ganja baba

Veteran
Interesting find and having any of those germinate would be a joy just for the experience let alone what may be in the outcome. Good luck.

If you’re going to use GA3 you might want to experiment with different concentrations. I generally use 500 ppm but the common range is 250 – 1000 ppm. Too little may have no affect and too much may cause some issues ie. elongation in the seedlings. I soak between 12 -24 hours and then rinse and put in towels with fresh water until they pop.

Here’s a link to a good book to download, “Seed Germination, Theory and Practice”, the file was too big to upload here. Also are a couple of links to additional supplements. When you open the link there will be a line saying "File", click on that download (PDF File)

http://hdl.handle.net/10113/41278
http://hdl.handle.net/10113/41279
http://hdl.handle.net/10113/41277

Thanks a lot for that info mate

Ras Mason

Veteran
if you are super sketched about loosing them, maybe have them sent to someone with a serious t.c. lab.
just saying.
First seeds i bought where from the club .
one.

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Just posted this in another thread

I use a humidome placed on a heat pad. I then put maybe 1/4" of water in the bottom of the tray. I then throw a couple peices of pvc in each corner for support and then place an egg crate type support to place my seedilngs on to keep the seedlings above the water. Then I use a thermostat to control the temps to be a little higher than the norm to keep the perfect atmosphere. If you allow your temps to fluctuate too much it mays cause problems so try to maintain a nice temp

Hope that helps

BayBHuey

JACKBAYBEH

JACKPOT! Wow, what a brilliant score. Hope these germ for you in high percentages bro.
I'll be eying this one fo sho.

Hope at least one pops for you. Try not soaking some as a control but scraping the edge and ends so they crack is a good idea. Someone said sand paper works well. Grit determines number of scrapes. Use your best judgement.

Spread the genetics far and wide. Back cross each strain to produce new fresh beans of each strain might be a good place to start. Those new fresh beans would hold value. It might be wise to get help from others to test the results. If you start and try to breed to many different ones at once it could get overwhelming and you run the danger of mixing different stock from male pollen flying everywhere.

People might line up for each new release to find hidden gems. Just be careful with heigth on some of those haze beans especially indoors. Don't use the first males that show male pollen (early males) unless you have no choice. They tend to be lower quality, more hempy then males that show later. Like in 12 hrs darkness, not before. And that develop the pollen sacks into the second or third week of flower. Hazes could be later.
Good luck.

Last edited:
S

sourpuss

I say keep it simple brother. I feel like its not going so well. I say soak em for 24 hrs. Then plant in the medium. Or soak till you see a few crack. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.... hope to see the offspring available.

Relentless

Veteran
very nice find! ive always wanted to work an awesome old sativa line and then use it to hit some of the new elites :D
great thread, pop those suckas!

Latest posts

Latest posts