What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your idea of legal cannabis?

waveguide

Veteran
you know what's well creepy bro is that mosquito there image used to just be the finger

someone gone added a blurry photoshop eye in the background. you want to be careful using that, i bet it was one of them evil mages and you could be helping them by posting that. they all use computers to do the magic nowadays, electronics.

i think the 'cannabis' part of your statement sounds reasonable.

shaggyballs

Veteran
you know what's well creepy bro is that mosquito there image used to just be the finger

someone gone added a blurry photoshop eye in the background. you want to be careful using that, i bet it was one of them evil mages and you could be helping them by posting that. they all use computers to do the magic nowadays, electronics.

i think the 'cannabis' part of your statement sounds reasonable.

Abit off topic but::off2:
Good point!
Ok, to be fair I will say it is possible that image has been photoshoped, but let us be real honest here.
Is it possible that such technology exists?
Of course it is!
Here is one they admit to having.
micro-air-vehicle-mav.jpg

Not too far from my image.
Do you really believe we the public are aware of all such secret devices?
Also nanotechnology is the latest craze, just sayin'
Peace!

Now back to your originally scheduled programing..LOL :biggrin:

Space Toker

Veteran
ah so much misunderstanding and nonsense and then I find this! This is a thread I was thinking of starting myself so thanks for beating me to it! ;) I would say keep it a cottage industry. The Jack Herer Cali initiative or whatever it is called seems like an apt model: 99 plants without a license, more if you have a license no more than $1000 to get, I would take it a step further and place further restrictions on really large scale to prevent really big mega corps from getting their greedy mitts on it but.. totally great thread man!

B

bigganjabud

I rekon it'll be when i can go to any shop and buy 20 joints and a few beers

igrowone

Veteran
it's simple really
when there are no more prisoners whose crime was the possession of cannabis

shaggyballs

Veteran
I rekon it'll be when i can go to any shop and buy 20 joints and a few beers

I like this idea, but remember even if you don't smoke or drink and your the driver on the way home, you can still go to jail if cannabis is your system from three weeks ago.
:fsu:

So all I ask is:
READ THE FINE PRINT!
:smoke out:

B

bigganjabud

Some people were born to drive

Me i was born to be driven ��

Taxiiiiiiii

Space Toker

Veteran
at any rate the whole point of cannabis is to think of the greater good and inner vibe and if you can't do that and only think of yourself, you are missing the point. But we all want freedom so thanks for that!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
When the sound of the milkman doesn't stop my heart at 5am every morning.

Space Toker

Veteran
I don't know of your relation of any milkman, maybe you had and it was great or otherwise, but all I know is my grandmom and some milkman in the 40's and my mom later and some weird boarder in the 60's had some relation I knew nothing about but it was some kind of mess or something. and some guy knowing my late great mom sponsored some page dedicated to her and then stopped despite us contacting him. All I know is life is a mess and unexpected but go with the flow and see what happens, it is more often good than not. I have been inspired by mindfuck dreams from some I used to know, just saying make the most of it! ;)

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Even where it's legal here in Colorado I think it could definitely be better. I'd like to see it just like how alcohol is regulated.

You need to be a certain age to buy it, unless you have a medical need for it for young patients.

You can grow your own in your house without getting hassled. I think a 99 plant count is awesome. Once nationwide legalization hits I'm sure it will be trendy to try and have a couple of plants. I speculate most will have a mediocre harvest and lose interest. Homebrewers can brew their own beer without having to fool with forms and paperwork and bullshit and you'd only need to do a larger plant count/facility license.

It would be cool to have Farmer's Markets for weed. Buy, sell, trade seeds, clones, and flowers. Hell, people could even sell soil amendments, compost, earth worm castings, soil. You could really work on closing the loop and keeping things really local in that type atmosphere.

There would be some regulations on the larger scale to ensure quality, no bad carcinogen and systemic insecticides, pesticides, fungicides were used.

Most importantly when people can do what they want with no fear or feeling like they are doing something wrong. You can't put a price on peace of mind.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There can only be one true legalization...

That is... Such that anybody can grow what ever they want... Absolutely zero regulation for "personal" growing... No plant count... No square footage allotment... Nada! As long as the grow is truly personal.

However, those that choose to put their goods out for public consumption should be responsible for testing their product for consumer safety on a regular basis (like every single harvest)... For a, more or less, open market.
Licensing should be non-existent since that only burdens potential excellent growers who could be providing the very best product for consumers. Taxes on commercial product should be commensurate with the amount of public damage caused by said product. (I think this would put cannabis in a lower tax bracket than aspirin, so long as all drugs be treated the same.)
Finally... Since I say no licensing... Anybody that had product that can pass minimum safety standards should be able to move said product, tax free, into the commercial system.
After all... Labor, technically, cannot be taxed & That is what is really being sold... Labor... Ability... Skill... Time...

If most of the money thats being spent on licensing & regulation would be spent on testing product, the consumer market would be well protected, imo.

A person that sells bunk will be talked about as much, or more, than the dude with the dank!

Word of mouth has always been & always will be the absolute best form of advertisement.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Legal cannabis? Thats a good laugh. Real legality means no restriction and no tax rate other than regular sales tax.

-Funk

Call me crazy, but I think its better illegal. It should just be decriminalized and the cops should ignore users and small time growers. Anyone growing it commercially gets the laws attention for tax invasion and money laundering. lol. The law has been protecting this sacred plant from monopolization and greed.

I guess my idea of being "legal" would be have it in the hands of the people only, any big business that wants to get into it should have the door closed on them.

If the government really wanted to get rid of widespread tobacco addiction, they should make tobacco like this too. Kick big business out the door. The only way people will get it is if they know a friend or somebody growing it, or grow it themselves.

Last edited:

RudeDog

Veteran
Call me crazy, but I think its better illegal. It should just be decriminalized and the cops should ignore users and small time growers. Anyone growing it commercially gets the laws attention for tax invasion and money laundering. lol. The law has been protecting this sacred plant from monopolization and greed.

I guess my idea of being "legal" would be have it in the hands of the people only, any big business that wants to get into it should have the door closed on them.

If the government really wanted to get rid of widespread tobacco addiction, they should make tobacco like this too. Kick big business out the door. The only way people will get it is if they know a friend or somebody growing it, or grow it themselves.

:yeahthats

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
the only reason greedy people are interested in getting into legal cannabis is because after legalization in places like Colorado, the prices have remained the same as the black market and in some cases even higher!

imo, real legal cannabis should look like basil or rosemary; if you want to grow them for sale, do it, set-up all you need with agriculture and health ministries, etc... and price should be similar, very cheap. you can also opt to grow your own if you so wish... in winter you can buy imported... indoor would become a thing of the past as it can't compete with sun grown in terms of production costs as well as quality.

I was just played by greedy people wanted to go into legal cannabis, they made me talk a lot of talk to someone opening up a nice cannabis related business, but in the end they did not want to go through it since they did not see huge profits $$$ I think they are now looking at the U.S market with their black market prices in legal states.

Latest posts

Latest posts