What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Reddish brown leaves on plant 1st time grower

Jesco585

Thanks for taking the time to read.
I'm a first time grower about three or four weeks into flower and experiencing a problem with my plant, the fan leaves are developing a red brown level. (Started with mostly old inner but now it's affecting some newer growth.) I'm sorry if I'm being a noob it's my first crack at growing. The plant is Scooby snack it's outdoor in a 30 gal pot. I've been watering with distilled water gh cal mag, and crystal burst bloom food in every other watering. Thanks for any help! I have pics uploaded in my albums on my page but can't get them to attach to the my post

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I have no idea if that is genetics or phosphorus deficiency, but I am posting to keep track of the thread. Good luck!

Scrappy-doo

I'm a little colorblind so can't be sure but it looks like purple coloring which is phosphorus deficiency. Not much you can do about it bro it's getting colder out which locks out phosphorus. Even if you gave it more it wouldn't be able to absorb it.

The yellowing though is nitrogen deficiency. Is there any nitrogen at all in your bloom food? Plants use some but very little nitrogen at this stage of flower. My outdoor plants were yellowing too and I gave them pbp bloom food which has just a little N, and they greened right up but I also got a little clawing on a few leaves from too much N.

Jesco585

I'm a little colorblind so can't be sure but it looks like purple coloring which is phosphorus deficiency. Not much you can do about it bro it's getting colder out which locks out phosphorus. Even if you gave it more it wouldn't be able to absorb it.

The yellowing though is nitrogen deficiency. Is there any nitrogen at all in your bloom food? Plants use some but very little nitrogen at this stage of flower. My outdoor plants were yellowing too and I gave them pbp bloom food which has just a little N, and they greened right up but I also got a little clawing on a few leaves from too much N.
Thanks for the advice scrappy. I haven't been feeding it any n but I did top dress the soil with fish bone meal after final transplant about 6 weeks ago. Do you think that's a sufficient supply of N?

these plants are healthy and this color is genetics! You had a few colder nights thats all.. your color change will continue until flower. budpicture doesnt look like it needs some n to me... give it p/k and green sensation or bac booster or another well working booser if you really want to feed them... but it looks good.

Jesco585

these plants are healthy and this color is genetics! You had a few colder nights thats all.. your color change will continue until flower. budpicture doesnt look like it needs some n to me... give it p/k and green sensation or bac booster or another well working booser if you really want to feed them... but it looks good.

Tiiight. Thanks for the help cookie funk. I'll look into adding a booster! Cheers.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The burnt margins are an indicator of a K deficiency. With 4 weeks left to go & being outdoors & getting colder, the best way to force feed your gals is via a foliar spray.

I was recently shown & previously read about foliar feeding. Foliar feeding can be up to 12x more efficient at delivering a plants nutes. Timing is critical & your right at the critical point when a foliar of some bloom food would be beneficial.

This link oughta blow your mind!
http://blog.nutri-tech.com.au/

Latest posts

Latest posts