What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Steves LED driver setup. Need help

R

Rageous8899

Hey guys im about to hookup a little panel here and rather than buy a meanwell driver like usual i got this driver from steves led and i cqnt seem to figure out how to wire these up and havent heard back from steves. 700ma. I know i can popower (7) 3watt chips or doesnt exceed 24.5 volts. This just looks strange compared to the other drivers ive used for diy build (which will be shown in photos) im used to being able to solder pos to neg or use wago connectors. I moved this thread after i figured out how to use the site a bit better so hopefully i can get some answers. Please and thanks

gbauto

From what I can find on that driver, it looks like you will need a external power supply(24v) connected to the 24v and G terminal. The led and pot terminals are connected to your string and dimmer control(if using a pot). I'm not certain but I think that the 5v and dim terminals are used with PWM dimming controls. You will also need to attach this to a heatsink, depending on your string size.

Latest posts

Latest posts