What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who makes a good grow room monitor with android app?

p0opstlnksal0t

I'm looking for a good reliable monitor to remote monitor my rooms, I'm scared of the 30 dollar chinese units I see on Amazon and ebay. Is there a quality monitor out there that I can keep dibs on temp, humidity, c02 levels, etc from my phone?

Mogli

its easy to do it :)
just search in ebay > Smart Home WiFi Switch Temperature Humidity Sensor Remote Controller For Sonoff ..

and you plug anything you want to control from your phone

p0opstlnksal0t

That looks like home automation equipment. That's not what I'm after. I'm just looking for an accurate weather station unit that I place in the room and I can monitor co2 levels, temp, rh, etc from an app on my phone.

Hi Poops,

I saw that you dismissed "Home Automation" stuff. But, that could be just the ticket.

Im thinking about getting a HomeSeer home automation controller for the hobby room. Then, you can add a $60 sensor that monitors light itensity, humidity, temperature, and vibration.
Also cool is that you can trigger events. For example, if humidity goes over 65%, then, turn on exhaust fan. Or... if temperature goes above 85 degrees, then, shut off a light for 1 hour.
Many of the $40 home automation enabled wall outlets are also what they call " smart". That is that in addition to being able to control that outlet with home automation, the outlet will measure the amount of electrical power consumed.

I have been using home automation in my house for a few years. I want to set up in the hobby room now.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I keep a SensorPush in the bloom tent and another in the dry tent. Works excellent. On your phone, You can look at the humidity / temperature data history by hour, day week, month or year. It also allows you to calibrate and set high / low limits.

jonesb

no other fee's

humidity is within a point of my digital gauges

you can buy extra modules for more rooms if you want

don't know if you can set any alarms

soundman

Thanks for the answers.

On my wishlist for next round. Gotta get new hoods first damn it.

Last question, can it connect to the net for remote viewing.

Big fan of Sensorpush! $50 Temp/Hum bluetooth data logger. Set hi/lo points for temp/hum and get text warnings. Beautiful graphs with hour, day, week, month and year views. Dehumidifier dies? You will know as soon as it gets out of range you set for humidity. Very sensitive device.

p0opstlnksal0t

Big fan of Sensorpush! $50 Temp/Hum bluetooth data logger. Set hi/lo points for temp/hum and get text warnings. Beautiful graphs with hour, day, week, month and year views. Dehumidifier dies? You will know as soon as it gets out of range you set for humidity. Very sensitive device.

I actually just found out about those yesterday and ordered a few on Amazon they look promising in accurate

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
They just upgraded the software on Sensorpush so the graphs can slide the graphs back and forth. You can slide back and see the history in any scale. Great product.

getpulse.co

It's 2017... I mean it's a bit surprising there's not 20 people making a wifi grow room monitor with a sensor array

We couldn't believe it either...

The options on the market are weak for so many reasons, poor accuracy or seriously lacking features that cater to grows.

I was tried of waiting so we put our day jobs into our passions https://getpulse.co

We've had users across the globe on the platform for over a year and we've been able to build out some really useful functionality based on their feedback.

Accuracy was worse than we had imagined when we put them all to the test. Notice the Caliber IV and black circular hygrometer showing stable 61/62% but the test of the sensors are showing anywhere from 55-72%.

1T05zU5.jpg

CHrDE1X.png

G

Accurite smart hub is what I'm using. No Co2. Calibrated humidity in mason jar with Boveda packs. Nothing fancy but I can check temp and humidity on multiple sensors on my phone and track history.