What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monster cropping questions???

borntoinsulate

Hi all
I wasn't sure where to post this. I was forced to take clones from a flowering plant. I wasn't sure if it would work or not. But after researching it and discovering monster cropping I am excited to see the results. I understand one of the benefits of monster cropping is that you gets crazy looking plant with a bunch of branches without topping it.

My question is say I have a monster cropped plant that has been vegging for a month and it is ready to flower. If I take clones from the monster cropped plant now will the clones be "regular" clones or will they continue to be monster cropped plants.

If I want to continue having monster cropped plants should I wait until the 3rd week of flowering And then take clones?

Thanks for any input
Will

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I concur with Gorilla ganja. You will get a lot of branches without topping but those branches will eventually grow to be normal. Eventually, because as the plant begins to re-veg, the branches will begin growing with single leaf blades. I've had plants re-veg with the new growth leaves having 3 and 5 blades but most start with just 1.

brown_thumb

I concur with Gorilla ganja. You will get a lot of branches without topping but those branches will eventually grow to be normal. Eventually, because as the plant begins to re-veg, the branches will begin growing with single leaf blades. I've had plants re-veg with the new growth leaves having 3 and 5 blades but most start with just 1.

This is precisely what mine are doing. They were cloned from plants that went into early flowering. The main plants stayed in flower and never grew to their full potential. Those were harvested. However, despite the freakish leaves, many of the clones are flourishing. I hope they normalize soon.

mushroombrew

Veteran
This is precisely what mine are doing. They were cloned from plants that went into early flowering. The main plants stayed in flower and never grew to their full potential. Those were harvested. However, despite the freakish leaves, many of the clones are flourishing. I hope they normalize soon.

Yes they will normalize. The flowering hormones get broken down by light. So the more light and the more time that passes the more "veg" like she will get. Unless you got any ruderalis in there. They often don't revert well or at all.

brown_thumb

Yes they will normalize. The flowering hormones get broken down by light. So the more light and the more time that passes the more "veg" like she will get. Unless you got any ruderalis in there. They often don't revert well or at all.

Thank you. I doubt there's any ruderalis genome present in these. None are autoflowering type. They're all fems.

brown_thumb

These clones are growing better than any cannabis I've grown so far. However, that's not saying much because I'm a newb... AND have a look at my moniker.;)

The clones I made from flowering plants are very bushy indeed. I'm hoping for huge plants with a monster yield of high quality... but we'll see.

The weird thing is, I cut/cloned the tops from fourteen messed up plants which went into very early flowering (probably my fault). I did a crappy job... just cut, dipped in Clonex, and jammed into soil. Every clone survived for at least a month. Then I had to hide them for awhile at a neighbor's place and they were neglected. A few of them died. I gave three of the best ones to him for his help. The remaining few are home now. Four of those are turning into very bushy monsters. They're far bushier than any plants I've grown from seeds.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
guys, he said "IF" the plant has been vegging for a month and is ready to flower (which by that point it should be re-vegged and growing normal again)... he wants to know about his next round of clones and whether they will automatically monster crop themselves or if he needs to take clones of a budding plant for his next round to be monster cropped as well.

to answer the OP's question, if you take clones before they are put into flower.. they will be normal... if you wait until they have started flowering they will "monster crop" themselves again