What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Gerber

eastcoastjoe

Hello IC fam, this announcement is on behalf of our late friend Gerber aka Tyrel Martin Marhanka. I'm pretty sure he was a member here under a different handle.

A little over 1 year ago Tyrel fell victim to the war on drugs. He was arrested in Taiwan for receiving cannabis seeds through the mail which ultimately led to a police raid at his home where they found cannabis plants.

Tragically, Tyrel took his life on the day of sentencing. Those of us who knew him well believe that he was so overwhelmed with fear of harsh prison time that suicide became a option in his mind. It breaks my heart to think about what he must have gone through. He leaves behind a wife and 2 beautiful children.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/18/world/asia/taiwan-american-suicide.html

Recently, a good friend was able to track down his sister who in turn connected us to his family in Taiwan. Our goal is to bring some attention to his story and also raise some money for his family in Taiwan. A gofundme page was setup in his name and a seed auction will be held in his memory on Instagram , the page is named gerbersauction. all proceeds will go to his family in Taiwan. RIP gerber

Last edited:

eastcoastjoe

thank you elvis, it is very sad indeed. i cant wait for the day that maybe these situations can be avoided. all because of a plant...

brown_thumb

So, we accept the Taiwanese police and prisons to tell us the truth? That was a gruesome way to kill himself. Whatever the true facts, it's sad.