What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Functional Cannabis Strains

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have had cannatonic and harlquin. Both have zero high whatsoever. Totally useless for me. My wife has fibromyalgia and a back injury so I was eager to see how it helped her. It pissed her off is what it did. No matter how much she smoked zero effect.

I am glad cbd helps people but it's useless to us. Good old potent indica helps her medical issues and relaxes the body and mind. We will stick to thc.

You need some ooomph (thc) in the hybrid, hence we are syncopatica together in the hybrids we've developed helping both pain and offering clarity.

Muleskinner

Veteran
Appreciate the suggestion. :) Did there happen to be any with a clear focus, zero high? After being super functional with Canna-Tsu, even the clear highs are annoying. Literally, the more Ctsu I use, the less desire I have for anything which impacts my functionality.

Yes. I ended up with 3 Cannatonic females, one felt like pure THC sativa high, one felt like a mix of THC and CBD, and one was covered in dense crystals but gave almost no high. I have to assume that was the high CBD/low THC pheno. As I mentioned above, a friend of mine said he did get massively high from the CBD one that did not affect me.

The most effective pain relief for me was the high THC/high CBD, it was a sativa/energetic feeling too. I made seeds of all 3 for more experimentation, haven't had a chance to run them. I grew Hurkle in the meantime, which is great for pain but more of a heavy indica.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I find it very curious different folks have different reactions to CBD. I'm wondering if anyone would get high from this cut of Canna-Tsu I have here.

Time will tell. Once I get growing here in S. Nevada I'll be able to share it with more people. Nobody in Colorado noticed any inebriation. Small sample though, only about a dozen people.

Muleskinner, please be sure to share how those seeds turn out. Sounds promising. :)

Doug,

Idk if can a tau is a seed strain with different pheno or what. If it is the cut needs its own signifier. Also the idea of selfing it is a good idea try to isolate those one pheno with specific functional qualities and spread the medicine around.

Know a strain that helps you medically without getting you high or stoned? Please post how it works for you. Please include as much information as you can safely give. Thank you.

STRAIN
Canna-Tsu
Cross of Cannatonic and Sour Tsunami
The specific cut I have does not inebriate, at least not that I'm able to tell. Personally, I've not been able to feel even a tiny buzz, regardless of how much I use.

MEDICAL USES

It works very well for a variety of issues. Excellent for controlling moods and anxiety, inflammation and pain. Muscle relaxant.

SIDE EFFECTS
Increased memory. Increased focus and brain function. (Seriously)

This strain may not be perfect for me, however it's definitely the best fit I've come across so far. :) I spent a year using her almost exclusively and I've never performed as well as a human. It's now been a year since I've been able to grow her out and I miss the functionality.

I've used cannabis, nearly daily, for 30+ years and that was the most amazing experience. A lot like cruising freeways at 80mph forever and suddenly having a windshield for a short while. I'm back to using cannabis which knocks me around and it's a downer.

Who knows of another strain which is 'functional,' and please, what does it do for you?

Thank you :D

I use og kush medically but i like getting high while i medicate. If you dont want to get high try cbd strains. Cannatonic has worked for me, theres lots of cbd strains. You can get them tested or test them the old fashioned way smoking the phenos

Yes. I ended up with 3 Cannatonic females, one felt like pure THC sativa high, one felt like a mix of THC and CBD, and one was covered in dense crystals but gave almost no high. I have to assume that was the high CBD/low THC pheno. As I mentioned above, a friend of mine said he did get massively high from the CBD one that did not affect me.

The most effective pain relief for me was the high THC/high CBD, it was a sativa/energetic feeling too. I made seeds of all 3 for more experimentation, haven't had a chance to run them. I grew Hurkle in the meantime, which is great for pain but more of a heavy indica.

CBD phenos are often no high but that one could be a 1:1 pheno which was to weak to get you done but enough to roast the buddy

Douglas.Curtis

Doug,

Idk if can a tau is a seed strain with different pheno or what. If it is the cut needs its own signifier. Also the idea of selfing it is a good idea try to isolate those one pheno with specific functional qualities and spread the medicine around.
It's a clone only cut, with these specific properties. Any suggestions on a signifier? The seed line has other variations( I'll update the op). Selfing and stabilizing is indeed a long term goal of mine. :)

Douglas.Curtis

I use og kush medically but i like getting high while i medicate. If you dont want to get high try cbd strains. Cannatonic has worked for me, theres lots of cbd strains. You can get them tested or test them the old fashioned way smoking the phenos
I'm glad kush's work for you. :) Personally they disrupt my ability to think clearly. I also have issues with seizures and have been advised to stay away from the terpene homulene found in most Kush genetics.

Thank you for your input. :)

I'm glad kush's work for you. :) Personally they disrupt my ability to think clearly. I also have issues with seizures and have been advised to stay away from the terpene homulene found in most Kush genetics.

Thank you for your input. :)

I know for most people og kush has a potent high. I dont really get high off anything except dabs with terps added right now.

Though i have smoked my ogs with several people who have epilepsy and not one time has it ever triggered a siesure. Also, OG hybrids vary. Some are high in limonene and pinene accounting for the lemon and pinesol smell (i love that smell) so maybe one that leans to that end might not have the same "advertised risks"

Try some camnatonic in a 10 pack of fems i would be shocked to death if you didnt find a nice no high, cbd pheno.
Ive been looking at a few 1:1, one being a cannatonic cross, called cancers nightmare from sin city. Everything from that line has been very good.

hellfire

R4 Tangistan

It is a 2:1, somewhere probably with THC in low teens and CBD up near 5 or 6%. It provides me with a good body buzz, which is perfect for my back and shoulder pain. Doesn't get me high but is very pointedly therapeutic. The body buzz from it is able to make pain seemingly drift away and be replaced with a warmish feeling.

Douglas.Curtis

Though i smoked my ogs with several people who have epilepsy and not one time has it ever triggered a siesure.
No worries, it's a confusion thing, not something which triggers a seizure. Not that I'm aware of anyway.

OG Expressions said:
Try some camnatonic in a 10 pack of fems i would be shocked to death if you didnt find a nice no high, cbd pheno.
Ive been looking at a few 1:1, one being a cannatonic cross, called cancers nightmare from sin city. Everything from that line has been very good.
Good info, thanks. :)

Douglas.Curtis

R4 Tangistan

It is a 2:1, somewhere probably with THC in low teens and CBD up near 5 or 6%. It provides me with a good body buzz, which is perfect for my back and shoulder pain. Doesn't get me high but is very pointedly therapeutic. The body buzz from it is able to make pain seemingly drift away and be replaced with a warmish feeling.
Nice :) It sounds like a great effect on pain. :)

It's a clone only cut, with these specific properties. Any suggestions on a signifier? The seed line has other variations( I'll update the op). Selfing and stabilizing is indeed a long term goal of mine. :)

Idk but the cut needs a name to distinguish it from other canatsu cuts if it is a seed line. Other phenos may not have the same properties.

Douglas.Curtis

hope you find a good one that works. found mixing the thc n CBD helpful fer pain.
I see a great benefit to being able to mix high CBD strains with various other THC strains. Until breeders can provide more variety of strains, this fills the gap quite nicely.

"I think I'll try a pinch of ECSD, in this joint of cannatonic." Yeah? :)

pumpkinpie eyes

Veteran
^^^^^several breeders do that now...and don't mean mixing herb together. i meant breeding thc wit CBD. good combo. all CBD is like suckin on hemp stem getting headache.

Drewsif

If you're like me, cbd does nothing, for pain or otherwise.
But most of today's Sativas are tainted with the Indica laggs.. Only way to turn a 20 week low yielder into a commercially viable mutt cut: Bastardize it into a indica and still call it a Sativa.
One exception I've found has been OJs Haze, Connoisseur Genetics. It definitely gets you high, but in a "Limitless" kind of way. No couch potatoe. Of course you need proper uv spectrum to fully rid any grow of the couch potatoes that have taken over most gardens.