What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Diesel

joebean91

hang the sonofabitch anyways
ICMag Donor
Recently got clones of a strain called Lemon diesel in Oregon . It is a very short , stout and slow growing plant . similar growth to purple urkle but with fatter leaf blades . Very little stretch , and very strong , stiff branches .
When the stems are rubbed at any stage they reek of something lemony , can't quite put a finger on it . I have smoked the buds from a friend a few times and they are very flavorful , taste just like they smell . more lemony than diesel .
Anyway wondering if anyone here is familiar with this cut , what are some of your opinions on it ? . also would like to know the lineage . Thanks
Lemon Diesel clone

Lemon diesel 10 days 12/12

immaculate

I'm under the presumption that the LSD I had was grown outdoors....some of the leaves on certain buds had a slight deep purplish tint to them.

fatter leaves? doesnt that indicate indica dominance? i was under the impression that this was a more sativa dominant strain.

Last edited:

relic1981

Veteran
im about an hour and a half south of oregon and i was recently able to acquire a cutting of lemon diesel that looks identical to yours joe. dont no much about either other than its supposedly a "west coast diesel x Lemon Skunk" . first time growing it but as far as sampling it, i personally really like this strain. like you said the buds smell and taste more like lemon than diesel and it has a potent cerebral buzz with no cieling.

i would like to know how she yeilds and growth pattern during flowering. i assumed it would act like a sativa dom strain but like joeb said it seems like a slow grower, at least in early veg.

joebean91

ICMag Donor
Yeah I also assumed that it would be much more sativa type plant , based on the smoke . The plant's growth however appears to be the most indica dominant in the room .
relic1981- thanks , that ( west coast diesel x lemon skunk ) makes sense to me .

I'll update pics in a few days

relic1981

Veteran
imstoked on this. it will go (and grow) nicely with my redwood kush. just need to veg it out so i can clone it!
joe.. yours are 2 weeks into flower? how long did they veg for? nutes?

joebean91

ICMag Donor
Swollen Calyx - Nice buds man , i can almost taste the lemon now .

Relic - I am about 3 weeks into flower today , still almost no stretch to speak of . I vegged for roughly 6 weeks , not exactly sure but long veg time . This one is getting fed AN sensi bloom + mother earth , liquid karma and hygrozyme . 5 gal. pot of sunshine mix #4 .

relic1981

Veteran
sound slike my style, escept gowing in humboldt flower company's basement mix (loose coco blended with lots of organic goodies) canna coco nutes (very light on this) cannazyme, mother earth bloom, liquid karma and sweet leaf on occassion towards the end of flower. im currently using botanicare's Guardian myco additive but i usually use Oregonism by Roots Organics because of the added humic acid and kelp. i skip the lk when applying this alternating them. typical veg for me is 2 weeks in 3 gallon bags.

side note: i just helped a friend with some grapefruit diesel (bc grapefruit x somas NYCD) and was not to impressed. stretchy and finished product was nothing to right home about, not bad just not g7reat. never seen pure soma diesel but i immagine its not that great compared to the chem line. any ways im hoping this lemon diesel is way better. u said miniamal stretch huh? mine is growing slow with fat indica looking leaves.

joebean91

ICMag Donor
Yeah Relic sounds like we got a very similar style , cool man . Oregonism huh , I'll have to try that .
I have yet to be impressed by any NYCD , and consider the name to be a bit misleading . But Soma is a good breeder and definately knows his herb , so I'm sure there are some keepers out there .
I plan on getting some pics of the Lemon diesel tonight and dusting a branch with some Chem double D pollen while it's out .

DimeBag65

You will not be forgotten
Veteran
definitely a very nice strain, iv been workin with a nice bit of lemon diesel thats norcal area and its definitely a tasty gal, if you guys ever run across any banana diesel grab up on it as well, a very fine strain.

anyways just wanted to add my .2 and hope your enjoy, take care :joint:

relic1981

Veteran
yeah always been weary of somas nycd b/c he got the strain from bagseed.
joe, where u get the chem d pollen?

DonChron

true that joebean... question is... is the lemon diesel a west coastD X lemon skunk... or west coast D X lemon kush ? ? lets get this thread rollin and get some solid breeder info

relic1981

Veteran
id be stoked if it was WCdiesel x lemon kush. i \ve never seen the lemon skunk before so i have no idea about those genetics.

joebean91

ICMag Donor
Dimebag65 - Thanks for stopping by , just heard some good things about banana diesel too . sure is a lot of diesel cuts these days , a buddy got cuts of lavender diesel the other day . Ever hear of that one ?

DonChron - West coast diesel x Lemon kush , hmmm that sounds good too . These plants do seem kinda kushy to me , grows a little bit like a bubba .

Had a hard time getting decent pics , don't know if it's me or the camera .
These are pics of the same Lemon diesel now 25 days into flower .

DonChron

hard to tell bro, the end product should be the true evaluator...as for the macro shots,Im assuming you're using a digital camera with high resolution,take advantage of the digital zoom..try the macro setting ,and hold your camera FURTHER from the subject as you are now, should provide a clear 9-12X photo