What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The farmer fucked up, kinda!?

Veggia farmer

Hei everyone,

I have been on this forum for many years but changed my name for security reasons.

I Have been working years to come where i am now. I finally got my own farm. To grow veggies, have animals and of course grow cannabis for pot, hash and seeds. I have even have diploma for agriculture school. So I am very serious about all this.

All this was my business plan all together for my living......

I have 4k flower indoors at the moment. I made 25 holes this year prepped a lot. I had/have seedlings in 5 gallons pots. I had them in a hoop house waiting to go out...

Planned to have NO visitors before every was cleared for it...

I even have to miles road with one neighbour half a mile away, almost no contact they NEVER go this way, literally. so very few people go this way. except some farmers go this way to check animals or there forest.. Yeah, i live in the last house before the forest/mountain.

So i tried to build some nice relation to a man who lives in the very beginning of the road.... I had some troubles with the tractor and so I saw a reason to have chat or two... He came over the first to talk. fine. A few days later he came over again. nice. I had also had trouble with the car, some sounds. we checked a little bit. it was the bearings.... So we were going to a garage( not on mye property) to get some tools... While he was waiting on me.. he hits hes ATV to have a little tour on the property by himself............. the guy drives RIGHT next to some of my prepped holes, and my little hoop house with my 5 gallons pots with seedlings in....

we already had very little time because i was going to work and already was late.. so i run down to him, then he already is passed the "section" so we drive together up to the house and we drive to the garage. I in my car and he on hes ATV......

we had already planned to meet after my work, so we did. Everything seems ok between us, not so long before he leaving... He comes with a joke including cannabis as a living.....
He saw me with a nice Colored t-shirt the other day, so could it be just that? I had long hair? not so often in this necks of the woods... red necked country... PLUS I am starting to convert the farm in to organic certified, wich is also not so many in this country... I am not from here, talk different etc....

Am i just trying to find ways to convince myself that its cool? or could it really just be a bad fucking joke? i dont know and im driving myself crazy at the moment......

In the next days I have been texting him about "all" kinds of stuff that have been relavant to the tractor and some work we planned on before hand... Nothing special there that i can notice..

I want to find a excuse to go to his house and hopefully meet his women in the door. Maybe I can notice something on her?

the day that he took the tour is now almost a week..

Of course the outdoors is off this year.... the holes are planted with "pig potetoes" that I already planned to establish in the fence areas where also to holes was made..... and maybe some other veggies to do a companion planting.. playing around...

I know a lot of folks will say, dont grow or move... I have a family, so not so easy to just move.... My wife also know im not saying:" ok thats that, not growin more"
She is a supporter.... kinda...

hope everything is understandable... a bit stessed writing about this and my English is what it is..

Hope everyone have good evening:)

cannabia

Only advice I can give; its better for people to think your an asshole than to get busted, set clear boundaries and forget about talking to neighbors especially if your still in prohibition...

Cadfael

He has seen your business (ie your plants and your set up)...and he does not care.

He is telling you, by his joke, that he knows what you are up to. It has been a week, if he wanted to fuck up your world, it would already have been done.

Start seeing more of his property, and you might find his plants. Most people are more concerned that you do NOT grow on their own property.

Remember, we did not invent this plant. Many people of all ages and backgrounds enjoy and use this plant for their medical conditions.

Get to know him better. Peace and good luck.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
ha ha been there done that ..in my situation all worked out fine... ...good luck...yeehaw..I wouldn't allow unregulated access again tho..its bad business to let someone get all up in your business,,you be friendly but keep him a distance from grows and such cause sometimes neighbors get into arguments or jealous or annoyed ect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Be a good neighbor....don't create hassles, help him when needed, keep place picked up- no trash, etc.

cliffy

Be his neighbor, not his friend. The less you see of each other the better and tell him your old lady doesn't like people just showing up announced.

Be his neighbor, not his friend. The less you see of each other the better and tell him your old lady doesn't like people just showing up announced.

Yep.

"Yeah, stop by when you're done with work and we'll take a look at it. Just please make sure you call me first because my wife always throws a fit when people come unannounced - she's just weird like that."

Go out of your way to stop and say hello when you pass his house if he's outside. Ocassional contact will keep him from coming to your house to say hi. Make sure he knows to always give you a call if he ever needs help with anything - be a good neighbor who he'll never think negatively about.

sdd420

Veteran
Can you use google earth? Might give some reassuring signs. Especially if he recognized the mounds etc....

sdd420

Veteran
picture.php

Limeygreen

Veteran
Redneck country, he could have a still, he could have plants, generally in redneck areas, no one gives a shit.

Veggia farmer

Ok, thanks for many comments and good thoughts. Helps a lot. I think I`m a bit more calm today about all this.

Seems like the best thing to do is to take it easy for awhile, get to know him a bit better etc. And take it from there. He could be a guy who can turn in to a friend, not just a neighbor. Such a bad idea? Jameson? hehe

I already know that he is in to buy cars and selling parts from them, private business, probably NOT taxed. Hunting ducks out of seasons also...

So we are on that vibe.

If it was just personal stash I had or just planning on doing small grows... No problem.. But I`m not planning small grows in the future...

As I`m sitting here, maybe I should stay indoors, small outdoors, Guerilla grow for a few more years. THEN doing the corn field....

definitely not going to start some hassle just over this....

stoned trout: we are at the very beginning of build fences around all the property, so much easier to regulate access in 3-5 years. You have still your neighbor? how is it now?

sdd420: yes i can use google earth, but did not catch what you were meaning?

Limeygreen: very true, but its just scale and people a so anal when it comes to pot and children... Even tho I have had the BEST times with the family and a little dobbie...

Fire in the sky: this season is off. maybe next year. Staying indoors at the moment. my indoors is very stealth...

CAnnabia: a bit to late for that one for me i feel.. if I do that NOW i lose totally controll... Maybe if i did it earlier....

Cliffy and cannabis motiva: Isnt a bit weird to say it after this little incident? maybe not.. I`m not so very fund of people just showing up, but now? I dont want to push it furter, cause i feel he MIGHT sit on the fence, maybe just dreaming but the gut are talking!

cosmic giggle: could be....

cadfael, Stoned trout, mendogrowing and aridbud: Think I feel something like a blend of what you guys or gals are saying, and will go down that road...

Since i feel he might sit on the fence and i have planted pig potatoes in the holes know, we have planned to work with some wood in two weeks and MAYBE he want to check out a little bit just be confused or maybe I can play him?

On to work, have a nice day. Erdpurt in start of bloom indoors. jungle here.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Where ya at???? Cali colo Oregon ????? County???? Depending on location
I would bet the farm he was jokin with u cause his shit is boss n he seen ur seedlings.... If ur medical semi legal I'd be fine if it was happening in Carolina or jersey ur playin with fire....

Veggia farmer

I`m in europe. north.. far north hehe. "nobody" grows outdoors here, if not AF Gens. over latitude 60... I and very few people grow non af strains.. Thats why I "have" to breed my self. Some Danish strains work here aswell. Thats why i think maybe i can play him a little bit. AND because of the numbers, 25 times 5 gallons pot with between 10-30 in each one ( was selecting for females and the strongest females) pluss 70 small pots with a "bunch" of seeds in each one. The big pots for sensimilla and the small ones for open pollination...

So if he saw, he saw a lot thats way im thinking - he could be thinking: "is this real?"

he didnt have much time aswell...
he is one of those people who doesnt now a lot about plants and thats stuff... literally a meat head so to speak- afraid of my salad and dried fruit for F sake!

To be honest I`m feeling oout the situation at the moment and are calm. meet him last night, things seems cool.... but he would never se my plants or again...

EastCoast710

from the sounds of it he dont give a fuck.. id ask him if hed like to smoke.. just say fuck it.. don ttell him its your only income.. just tell him its the only way you get out of pain. your a CHRONIC PAIN patient avoiding opiates to avoid a heroin addiction.. usually works well. i mean shit my next door neighbor is a retired cop.. and he suggested to me that i try marijuana for my pain lol. he was like ya try weed we used to smoke that shit on the force here and there lol.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
don't say shit about weed and blow your cover ..I have had people see seedlings before and never even know what they were when they was right in their faces...as growers we always think everyone is on to us ,,if you aint suspicious ...how big of seedlings?? how old of neighbor??? how close did he get? does he wear glasses?...keep friendly but make sure to limit his access..if he is toker or weed friendly he will show his hand in time...I personally keep everything private grow related as much as possible..the closer someone lives to me the less I want them to know....yeehaw..friendships go bad ,neighbors have arguments et...keep your business yours

Veggia farmer

Nope, too much to lose to say anything or smoke with him, no way.... well, the biggest seedlings were a foot tall approximately, 4h- 5th internode..? he is 23-24 years... no glasses but no knowledge with plants... im not sure to be honest how close he got cause I didn`t had a clear view. The wife said she saw the atv with nobody one, still not a clear view though... I tracked the wheel marks after him, they were 3-5m on the closest... And its hard to say if the foot marks was his or mine... he drove slowly all the way, so maybe he didnt go off, hard too say...

None off my old friends know off my projects anymore.. years ago they really knew what were going on.. so I want too keep it, Very private...

Like your think stoned-trout....

Thanks again, everyone...

GainGreene

I wouldn't bring anything up or mention anything pot related and or have an smoking relationship. Once you share your fresh goods then it is out of the bag. Fresh nugs will stand out big time to any smoker that you have homegrown. No reason you can't be friendly help eachother etc but keep your hobby to yourself and start slow like you are saying. Good luck with the fence that will help you.

Latest posts

Latest posts