What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC/MMA 2020

Chappi

I was gonna make it UFC 2018 but lets just go in 10 year increments :)

Anyway the last one is just too old of a thread I fighred we could start a new one.

Holloway is out FML!

Cormier tripped on a wire or something but fight is still on..

Tito Ortiz vs Lidell III?

I’m looking forward to NGANNOU VS BLACK BEAST!!
I think and wanna see if NGANNOU learned gis lesson and will conserve his energy a little better.

Hope you all agree on the new thread if not then fk it haha.:biggrin:

Chappi

Didnt realize cormier used to compete at heavyweight, but does anyone like his chances vs miocic? Vegas has him at a 2-1 underdog (bet $100 on him, win $200 if he wins).
Miocic is 3 years younger, has an 8 inch reach advantage and a 30lb weight advantage. Miocic looked a little vulnerable in his last fight, against a bigger stronger quicker man, had to turn the fight into a wrestling match and grind out a win, but he's the one who's going to have a physical advantage over cormier.
Dont know who im rooting for, they both seem like classy, professional dudes, although it would be nice for cormier to be a two division champ...[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I think Cormier has a helluva chance. He is a more decorated wrestler and arguably a superior striker. You have to ask yourself or at least I do, what can he possibly encounter that is more dangerous than Jon Jones? JBJ is probably GOAT roids or no roids and of course the roids make him even more dangerous and imo he’s a POS but that's besides the point.

Cardio advantage-Cormier
Size advantage-Miocic
Experience-Cormier
Ground-probably equal given the size advantage on Miocic
Striking- I give it to Cormier slight advantage because he’s quicker and knows how to close the distance, just as long as he doesn’t eat another headkick.
Durability-Miocic After that brutal headkick, who knows how much damage that did to DC, he looked great in his last fight but that dude was not on the same level.
Mentally probably Miocic, DC is a crybaby lol

B

Bird~friend

Chappi ! Tiz the ride bro :D . . .

Jus 1 man beat DC, an that be Jbj !

[ Edit: Before your Time here I expect but
Can't possibly entertain " Another thread of the Same Topic" bro .
There Has Been "Controversy" with the Ufc/mma threads in the past , ] :tiphat:

Last edited:
R

Rubber Chicken

I was gonna make it UFC 2018 but lets just go in 10 year increments :)

Anyway the last one is just too old of a thread I fighred we could start a new one.

Holloway is out FML!

Cormier tripped on a wire or something but fight is still on..

Tito Ortiz vs Lidell III?

I’m looking forward to NGANNOU VS BLACK BEAST!!
I think and wanna see if NGANNOU learned gis lesson and will conserve his energy a little better.

Hope you all agree on the new thread if not then fk it haha.:biggrin:

He sure conserved his energy :bigeye:

For crying out Pete's sake Brock Lesnar is a giant steaming turd isn't he?

Chappi

GO DC!! So many people hate DC becUse it reminds them of themselves at a certain point in their lives when they were weak and see his emotions as weakness when it’s nothing more than just being a fucking human being. Congrats DC you deserved this win and I had a feeling you could do it! Nganou vs BB was a fucking flop, worst fight of the century!

R

Rubber Chicken

Yeah, i think he's a good guy.... who cares, people cry....

I was thinking he would win too.

weedobix

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes, Francis lost the plot, but the event as a whole was incredible.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ngannou and Lewis were so wary of each other's power that they refused to engage fully, just danced around all 3 rounds. At least Lewis tried some kicks to strike from long range, and they got him the win. Weak.
Rogan said it was the worst heavyweight fight he's ever seen.

Cormier's win is a win for short fat guys everywhere.

But seriously, he looked impressive at heavyweight. Yeah, he had a bigger belly than chuck liddell, but he ate stipe's combos and didnt look fazed, while his return combos seemed to slow down stipe and hurt him enough to where that short right hook from the clinch dropped him. I though stipe also tripped over cormier's foot to make him go down, but watching the fight again his knees were already buckling from the right to the chin. And then he was flat on his back, defenseless, while cormier stood over him and started wailing on his face.

Miocic was upset immediately afterward, maybe he thought it was an early stoppage, but it's hard to see him recover from taking more punches to his chin even if the ref waited a few more seconds before stepping in.

Anyone think the eye pokes had anything to do with stipe's performance? Maybe a little, but if anything cormier's punches and jabs hurt him more. I think cormier landed at least three 1-2 combos, and the jabs marked up stipe's face as well. Reports out of AKA were that the extra weight really helped DC's power, and they were right.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cormier is the people's champ. Unimpressive blob rises from his couch and defeats the toned giant, then returns to the couch and stuffs his face . Isn't that the American Dream?

Where is Cain now? I see no mention of him. He was the champ at HW and lost due to altitude weakness as I see it, in Mexico. Lesnar is a joke at striking, just a big buffoon.

Paulo Costa is a scary guy. Looks scary, fights scary. We will see but he seems to really crack some punches. Whittaker and him fighting, that would be nice.

Ngannou, would have been nice to see him try.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Unimpressive? DC is never going to be a model for any clothes except maybe a girdle for men, but the dude has plenty of muscle underneath that blubber. Certainly his shoulders and arms look powerful enough that this is not someone you want to mess with without good reason.

I like lesnar, but yeah, guy still has only a basic striking game after years of mma training. Maybe if he didnt have that serious intestinal disease when he was in his prime, where he lost a couple of years of training and fighting, he'd have a more impressive mma resume, but DC fighting lesnar is just a pure ppv money grab. Like Jon Jones calling out lesnar last year, all these dudes just want to fight him for the money, not the challenge.

R

Rubber Chicken

Cormier is the people's champ. Unimpressive blob rises from his couch and defeats the toned giant, then returns to the couch and stuffs his face . Isn't that the American Dream?

Where is Cain now? I see no mention of him. He was the champ at HW and lost due to altitude weakness as I see it, in Mexico. Lesnar is a joke at striking, just a big buffoon.

Paulo Costa is a scary guy. Looks scary, fights scary. We will see but he seems to really crack some punches. Whittaker and him fighting, that would be nice.

Ngannou, would have been nice to see him try.

Cain is DC's main training partner.... the only reason DC went to HW is because Cain is out for some reason.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Unimpressive? DC is never going to be a model for any clothes except maybe a girdle for men, but the dude has plenty of muscle underneath that blubber. Certainly his shoulders and arms look powerful enough that this is not someone you want to mess with without good reason.

I like lesnar, but yeah, guy still has only a basic striking game after years of mma training. Maybe if he didnt have that serious intestinal disease when he was in his prime, where he lost a couple of years of training and fighting, he'd have a more impressive mma resume, but DC fighting lesnar is just a pure ppv money grab. Like Jon Jones calling out lesnar last year, all these dudes just want to fight him for the money, not the challenge.
Agree :)

Chappi

Eye pokes are so cheap, the majority of fights where there is a major eye poke the aggressor wins the fight, this is anecdotal of course I don’t know of any real stats on this, but from all the ones I have seen the guy getting poked loses.

How much did it affect the way Miocic went down is another story. I think Miocic initially just didn’t respect Cormier enough, maybe it was the Ngannou fight that got him thinking, maybe it was just a bad gameplan. Cormier is dangerous at close range and he knows how to do it very well. The punch landed was a very sneaky punch that was played/hidden behind a wrestling move, I don’t know that Miocic could have really dodged it from that position even if he saw it coming, which he obviously didn’t.

That whole staged WWE thing was cheesy as hell but whatever keeps the UFC in business is fine with me. Just as long as they keep hiring the best fighters all the politics don’t really matter to me.

What do you guys think?

R

Rubber Chicken

I don't think it was staged, DC said in the post match interview.... didn't seem like he was making it up, i believe him.

Lesnar has always been an aggressive douchebag.

I think DC will put him to sleep.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
Eye pokes are so cheap, the majority of fights where there is a major eye poke the aggressor wins the fight, this is anecdotal of course I don’t know of any real stats on this, but from all the ones I have seen the guy getting poked loses.

How much did it affect the way Miocic went down is another story. I think Miocic initially just didn’t respect Cormier enough, maybe it was the Ngannou fight that got him thinking, maybe it was just a bad gameplan. Cormier is dangerous at close range and he knows how to do it very well. The punch landed was a very sneaky punch that was played/hidden behind a wrestling move, I don’t know that Miocic could have really dodged it from that position even if he saw it coming, which he obviously didn’t.

That whole staged WWE thing was cheesy as hell but whatever keeps the UFC in business is fine with me. Just as long as they keep hiring the best fighters all the politics don’t really matter to me.

What do you guys think?
Dana White has diluted the sport! Waaaay too much events being held IMO. 1 1/2 hr of commercials and gibberish for 1 1/2 hr of fights.

Chappi

I do ‘t think it’s Dana doing it, It's more like the new owners of UFC trying to squeeze its 4 billion dollars out of the company.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran

What do you guys think?

The first poke was to miocic's left eye, and then that last clinch miocic got cormier's hand to his face, may have been another eye poke there, and maybe miocic just didnt see that short right hook coming because of his eye. Although even if he had seen it coming, not sure if he had the reflexes to flinch away in time, cormier has quick hands.
Even that first poke, although it looked dirty in slo-mo, was probably inadvertant. I think cormier's game plan was to close the distance and clinch and dirty box on the inside - understandable given miocic's reach advantage. So a lot of times when he got in close he was more reaching to grab around miocic's head and clinch up, and that first eye poke happened when he was trying to grab and miocic backed away and got a finger in the eye.

Cormier and lesnar are supposedly friendly with each other, and when cormier asked lesnar to step into the ring he knew what the deal was. And lesnar played it up like a wwe vet would, calling out everyone and playing the heel. So yeah, kind of fake, somewhat entertaining, but if these two fight there will be nothing fake about that.

I dont keep up much with the mma world, but doesnt the ufc have all the best mma fighters for the most part? Strikeforce and bellator are full of ufc fighters past their prime or up and coming fighters hoping to get a ufc contract, right?
And maybe lesnar doesnt deserve a title shot but is he legitimately a top 10 mma heavyweight? Can you name 10 guys better than him?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Had not thought how the eye poke affected things. Could have. Did Cormier do it on purpose? I doubt it but when you put you hands in the other guys face with fingers out, it says something about how you feel about accidents happening. He did not care at best.

Lesnar and Cormier staged? I think so. Lesnar had it all worked out before hand, that I am sure of. Good fight with those two? I aint gonna buy it. Lesnar has a bull rush take down and ground and pound nothing else.

Paul Felder lost the fight but lost nothing in reputation. Fighting well for 3 rounds with a broken arm.

Latest posts

Latest posts