What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First timer! Need some help.

Palindrome

King of Schwag
Gah! Cant wait to get on with it! I have 2 pipes/vents going straight up in the closet so it should be just fine with the airflow.

Idk I dont consider myself as a heavy smoker anymore im pretty happy with 2-3G/day or so. If i can get more than that I wouldnt mind ;D

Yeah This will be my first serious grow so I want to make sure I can firstly hide as much of the good dank smell and make the closet like some sort of a Tent so the humidity and stuff like that dont bother the rest of the house in the long run. Or am I overthinking now?

Been watching Jorge Cervantes Ultimate Grow dvd a few times but I love ideas from more than just 1 with all due respect.

If you click on the link in my signature, you can look thru my diary. I build a 3 m2 room for flower, with 2x 600 Watt HPS.
And a closet with LED for mothers and clones, there im sure you can find some inspiration for your build.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
If you have vents in the ceiling, that is really good news!

As far as hiding the smell, think about lining the inside of your closet with plastic (white is best), and then you can make like a tent flap that comes down from the top of the opening to the floor. Add a couple zippers on the sides, and you're pretty well sealed.

If you install an exhaust fan, which you should, remember there also has to be an intake.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
I once had a closet build that I split into lower and upper chambers. I used the lower one for vegging, and the upper one for flowering.

I was living in a cheap rental at the time, so I just cut a hole in the living room wall that was adjacent to the closet, and put in a vent that looked like a heat vent. But it didn't blow out heat, it sucked air into my secret grow closet, bwahahahaha!

I loved that closet build, it was soooo stealth! I learned how to grow great weed in it!

CaStoner

What's wrong with using T5 lights not much heat you can touch the bulbs without getting burn. Take a look at grow journal tomorrow will be 1 month from seeds using only 540 watt atm and you can grow some pretty dank buds flowering with T5 also, look at my past old Gallery you can see I grew some trees just using T5. I have two Digital Greenhouse 600 watts dimmable that I have and I don't want to use because of the high electrical bill and all necessary equipment just to keep the room cool enough.

Dirt Bag

Sounds like you're putting the cart before the horse. I would suggest reading at least a couple of books on growing. There are many excellent sources.
I think it's great you've decided to grow your own. The keys to success are:
Tell no one (criminals target growers because they can't call the cops)
Establish a protocol and adhere to it (eliminates the majority of problems)
Redundancy! Backup everything! (nothing kills a garden faster than a dead reservoir pump, Or a week of darkness waiting for another ballast to arrive from Fedex)
Don't try to invent a better way. You won't. It's already been figured out. Just use the right stuff in the first place.
Tell no one (so important it needs to be said twice)
Patience! Patience! Patience! It's nearly impossible to harvest too late growing indoors. Let it be! Wait until it's ready. If you're unsure, it's not ready.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
I'll give a +1 to redundancy and patience as well. Measure twice, don't cut. Go smoke a bowl. Think about your mods for a minute then go back and measure/plot again.

Latest posts

Latest posts