What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
What a shame..... :(
I was one step away from buying this strain, but at the last I preferred the Panama haze ... I'll have to make a new order

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Red Lebanese. I have 5 of these plants. Some are green, here are a couple of the purpling lebs
picture.php

picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What is the psycho activity like? Could you compare it to any other strain or is it unique?

Hi 48N,

Lebanese effect is quite unique compared with most of our THC rich strains due to lebanese high CBD content .... strains with high CBD content and moderate THC content produce softer effects with shorter duration and with stronger anxiolitic properties. Lebanese effect is very clear and pleasant in the head without body agitation or heaviness, great to socialize, very balanced and kind effect, i would compare it with the more anxiolitic Orient Express or Chinese effects.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Custom Haze crosses

Red Lebanese. I have 5 of these plants. Some are green, here are a couple of the purpling lebs
View Image

View Image

Looks great Dr Purpur! :dance013: Congrats on this year lebanese harvest! Curious to know your opinion about her after curing process compared with the previous lebanese strains you grew in the past.

OregonBorn

The Bekaa Valley Lebbies that I grew had red leaf stems but no purple colors on them. Likely because they finish so early here (mid September) and are not exposed to the cold nights which initiates the production and coloring of anthocyanins in many strains of Cannabis. In other strains of Cannabis, like GDP for example, the purple coloring is genetic and the calyxes are purple from the start. In some strains like Maui Cherry Bomb, anthocyanins are only produced in the last weeks of flowering. Like now. Anthocyanins are flavonoids, and appear red, purple or blue according to pH. In acid they appear red, in neutral conditions they appear purple, and in a base they appear blue. They are what gives the color to cane berries like raspberries and blackberries (which are really dark purple, and not black). What gives leaves and flowers of some strains their yellow, orange and light red colors are carotenoids, which are always there in the plant, but only appear at the end of their life cycle as the green chlorophyll levels drop. The same thing happens with tree leaves in the fall which produce fall colors. The chlorophyll level drops in leaves, showing the carotenoid colors from yellow through orange. Then later anthocyanins appear with the carotenoids, giving them a deep red and purple color. Fall is here now and the tree leaves are turning again. The Cannabis fan leaves are turning yellow and falling off naturally as well, and the calyxes on some varieties are turning red or purple in some strains. Some strains are staying green. The pistils are also withering and turning from white to orange and red.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello my friends, I trimmed plant #2 yesterday. I have six half gallon and one quart jar of dried buds. I have not scaled her yet, but I'm sure she went over a pound. 19 to 20 ounces total dry weight. I will do Lebanese #1 later this weekend if I get a chance to.
I love this strain from Ace.
Peace MedDakotabis

cannacrab

I think that in the near future, Sativa will be defined by its THCV content and cannabinoid ratios. From the analysis here, there is THCV here

OregonBorn

Hi 48N,

Lebanese effect is quite unique compared with most of our THC rich strains due to lebanese high CBD content .... strains with high CBD content and moderate THC content produce softer effects with shorter duration and with stronger anxiolitic properties. Lebanese effect is very clear and pleasant in the head without body agitation or heaviness, great to socialize, very balanced and kind effect, i would compare it with the more anxiolitic Orient Express or Chinese effects.

Yeah, it is what we call, 'day weed'. You can smoke it during the day and get things done. I would not say that the high is that short in comparison to say, Colombian sativas that have a short one hour high. Though it is not as long as a Durban Poison 3+ hour high either. I smoke this stuff all the time. I prefer the sativa pheno of the two phenos that pop, though that may just be the chance chemo ratio of CBD/THC that one plant I grew happened to have, and it was a sativa pheno. The anxiolytic effects are pleasing and there is no paranoia or weirdness. Some days I take a good hit of a tight bud early in the morning and I will get light head rushes on this stuff though. They are on the mild side, and not like Cynex or Colombian Punto Rojo rushes that can give you brain freeze, but it can happen. The CBD usually dampens that effect though.

I grow Lebby Bekaa Valley weed because of my love of Lebanese hashish back in the late 1970s. The high is the same from the bud, and there is no need to make sifted hash from it. I am going to do just that though. Next year I want to grow a monster Lebanese plant and make it all into hashish. In Oregon they limit the number of plants that we can grow, but not the size. Which makes one wonder why they have the plant number limit if there is no size limit? :trampoline:

OregonBorn

I think that in the near future, Sativa will be defined by its THCV content and cannabinoid ratios. From the analysis here, there is THCV here

I do not agree with this statement. Lebanese is definitely a sativa in my growing experience, but it does not have a lot of THCv, if any at all. Compared to say, Durban Poison which I also grow and breed the holy F* out of, because I also love Durban. Durban will get me going on the THCv. Wake 'n bake weed. Lebanese does not have those qualities. I can smoke Lebby and go to sleep. Or stay up. It is neutral weed for me. Lebby is also good for sex. Durban is not.

Personally I think that indica and sativa are so poorly defined that they should be dropped. Not that it is likely, we are stuck with bad genetic species typing in Cannabis. There are over what, 500 different cannabinoids known from Cannabis now? And at least 150 terpenes? The numbers keep going up.

cannacrab

Most high THCV strains besides DP have around 0.15%... look at the analysis at the start of this thread. There is one with 0.148% THCV

OregonBorn

Most high THCV strains besides DP have around 0.15%... look at the analysis at the start of this thread. There is one with 0.148% THCV

Does one out of four samples make a dominant trend? Methinks not. Nor would I consider 0.15% as high THCv. Half of those same Lebanese cannabinoid tests show less than 0.033% THCv. It does not even register. I grow a lot of high THCv Durbans myself. I also grow a lot of Lebanese. No comparison there. I cannot smoke Durban after 4pm. I can smoke Lebanese and crash no problem. The Lebanese that I grow is sourced from the Bekaa Valley. My Durban is a back cross of older Durban, South Africa sourced landrace beans and the Dutch Durban that is crossed with Skunk #1. Skunk can also have reasonable amounts of THCv.

Willie Nelson is high in THCv. It is a cross between Nepalese and VietNam Black. I am growing VN Black now as well. Doug's Varin and Pineapple Purps are really high in THCv. We are talking 4-7% THCv here. That is 10x the typical THCv content of Durban Poison (0.3-0.5%).

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Sativa already has a definition...

It means "cultivated"... nothing more, nothing less!