What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michael Bisping X Georges St-Pierre

Badfishy1

Hard to have thoughts either way honestly. GSP out of the ring for 3 years returning to fight Bisping seems like what all fighting sports have become... a money grab Canelo/ GGG and MW/MG are 2 examples in the past month

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pierre is quite a boring fighter and Bisping is not really the best of his division. I noticed you are Canadian, well he is quite boring though.

Rockhold is coming for that belt, think he gets it too. He leaves his head open to punches but might finally learn not to.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
It'll be interesting to see GSP move up to middleweight from welterweight. One of his biggest advantages at welter was his size and strength, which will be evened out at a higher weight class.
If he wins, maybe this sets up GSP vs anderson silva superfight? Like 5 years too late, but still...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
GSP's striking became pretty elite though, after initially being a weaker part of his game. I think i remember one of his last fights before retirement, he seemed to have a really effective jab and good timing too.
Bisping i think is taller though, so he'll probably have a reach advantage, but gsp has good leg kicks.
I think this fight will be a good one, but it might not make up for some of the ufc's cards earlier this year. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Badfishy1

GSP's striking became pretty elite though, after initially being a weaker part of his game. I think i remember one of his last fights before retirement, he seemed to have a really effective jab and good timing too.
Bisping i think is taller though, so he'll probably have a reach advantage, but gsp has good leg kicks.
I think this fight will be a good one, but it might not make up for some of the ufc's cards earlier this year. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

I truly think the UFC has run into a problem w superstars. Seems to me and I may be wrong, but UFC MAY have already gone through its golden age. Sure there are still good athletes, but other than McGregor who is a household name? That combined with bones being a complete fucktard and failing ANOTHER test, I think Dana Whites butthole is puckering knowing the sport may be on decline. They were trying to ride the rousey train as long as they could unfortunately we all know what happened there

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Good thing they sold the ufc last year before SHTF then. Ronda got exposed by actual professional women fighters instead of the part-timers she built her rep on. Jon jones may have been a drug cheat all this time. Mcgregor didnt get paid enough and took a side tour into boxing to make some real big money. And with fighters getting insured for injuries now, so many cards have been altered by fighters pulling out on short notice because of injuries/illness.
Still, it's probably a safer sport than boxing (sure you'll take head shots, but only a few before you go down and get finished, not a hundred like in boxing with the more padded gloves and standing 10 count) so it will continue to attract talent, especially as more foreign countries pick up the sport. I read that it's gaining popularity in afghanistan, maybe it's only a matter of time before we have a champion from central asia. Imagine mcgregor trash talking that guy...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I like to think that new stars will come up and bring excitement back to MMA, but maybe im just being optimistic. The sport will continue to evolve and attract new talent, we went from tito ortiz and chuck liddell and hughes to silva/gsp/penn to brock, jones, ronda, mcgregor etc. Most of these guys are stars for less than 5 years, so you continually need fresh blood, and theyve been getting that for the last 20 years.