What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What was your favorite pot from the day?

St. Phatty

I don't think I had a very good connection in high school.

That would be in Connecticut in the 70's.

Good old press brick stuff.

Actually, I did eventually have some decent press brick Mexican, in San Diego, in the 90's. Sort of like, "hey could I bum a few of those seeds" type herb.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
1991 Pure Afghani. Very greasy sticky menthol hashy gasoline tasting herb. One of the best narcotic highs I've ever had. You could go to sleep for 8 hrs n wake up still stoned to the bone. If only I had seeds or the clone of that. Been looking for that one for the last 10 years!

OP

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
From around 1978, columbian red, thai sticks and black hash. Around 1983 saw a bunch of green thai bud.

EastFortRock

Were you in NYC area???

I was in the Mpls Minnesosta area. I'm in Oregon now. The Colombian red seemed to be pretty powerful at the time , so was Tai stick ,but the Gold was just easier on me , being a weekend smoker . There was not much choice back then , you just got what was going around or immature leaves from homegrown. ( didn't know anything about lighting hours and flowering)

DJXX

Veteran
Columbian Gold or Columbian Redbud.....$35 and ounce, the gold had the blackest seeds...the Gold taste so good...Some Hawaiian too but was really hard to get...the first time i saw trails and colors was in Hawaii....in 1980 after 2 weeks in the Indian Ocean in the AIr Force with no smoke...then a week in Hawaii...we scored by walking into a butcher shop and ask for unc....it was the password for the guys on base to score weed....when you did he laid out several flat seal a meal'd 20 saks...light Green with some red hairs in it...incredible smoke...DJXX

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I miss the skunk bud that smelled like a skunk and the northern lights that tasted like coffee.

I grew both of them along with blueberry and I would kill for those plants back again. The NL5 was just awesome. We had a few different phenotypes and played around with those lines for years. Just awesome smoke.

Romulan as well. Some really funky grapey phenos that if I think real hard I can still taste.

That was back when bud got you high. Not just wacked and confused. The quality of effect has become muddled on so many strains these days.

angelgoob

northern lights coffee strain. hmm. smoked a half bowl and went to my car and saw a bright pink hanger and laughed because of it!

all in the 90s for me. ghani, NL (super piney), and dimension dust (straight road kill skunk smell). it was so hard to hide that stuff. prob the best i've ever had. you would wake up stoned the next day. i remember someone at a phish show giving us some boomers just so they could smoke the dimension dust. it was a cough locker and would make your brain stop working. I remember doing an online test for college and completely zoned out watching TV for like 2 hours. forgot i was doing a test. 4 hour high off a couple of hits.

rykus

For me it was the killer hash plants i got to know in the mid late 90's... killer killer smoke..

also got a bag of some greasey potent timewarp, right off texada in 95 that stands out..

Marc Emery had some donated seeds called Ty Cobb, time warp x bc skunk that was crazy good...

Breeder steve made a cross called five alive that was bc seeds nl haze hawian indica x mighty mite durban poison that was super trippy n strong too..

flubnutz

stoned agin ...
Veteran
Can't say it was my fave, because I didn't see it again for a while, but somewhere round '75 we were smoking double paper joints of schwag. Then leaving a bar i ran into a casual friend coming in. He had a joint of Hawaiian, so he said. It was a skinny joint compared to what I was used to, but it knocked me on my ass. It was when I learned what good weed is.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
I started smokin in the fall of 2001, at college in NY.
Funny enough, I thought all cannabis was great until I tried scoring a back outside of college. Man that college, LeMoyne, had the best bud.
Orange Bud, Chem, pepper weed, Diesel (hily fuck did I have some serious whiteouts where I was puking and thinking I was gonna die, and of course my favorite -- Blueberry.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I was in the Mpls Minnesosta area. I'm in Oregon now. The Colombian red seemed to be pretty powerful at the time , so was Tai stick ,but the Gold was just easier on me , being a weekend smoker . There was not much choice back then , you just got what was going around or immature leaves from homegrown. ( didn't know anything about lighting hours and flowering)

In NYC burb's, columbian was $40.00 Gold's were $45.00 and Red's $50.00. Forget how much Thai Sticks were. Probably $15 each. Also saw Blonde, Reddish Blonde, and black hash. $5.00 to $10.00 a gram.

Latest posts

Latest posts