What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Across the Atlantic and beyond : hashish and ganja Smoke Reports & Tales

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hello to all ICMAG'ers, to all my friends there and everywhere,

Titoon is back for another adventure. This time, it will not be in real time, since this happened last year.
So this story start in January 2014, and will go up to August. I will upload pictures and stories whenever my busy life gives me time to, and on the motivation of y'all to motivate me !

Featuring : Canaries, Cabo Verde, Some Island in the West Indies, Guatemala, Mexico

At the start of this, a friend in Guatemala, and me in Europe. A pretty shitty weather in this December 2013. I have to stay, enough to give me the motivation to get a bit out of the rain and the wind, and head for better weather, and also - some new adventures for the traveling penguin that I am. Well truly this trip was planned a couple of months before but decision was taken at the last minutes !

So What' s the best way to get to Central America, when you have time, and you wanna check out some places in between. Well guys, a boat it is ! Hell yeah, I got the incredible luck of being offered a place as a crew member on a beautiful sailing boat. I wish I could put pictures of it there, because it is truly a beautiful peace of art, and a place for incredible adventure. However, considering my tight links to this boat, it would be very close to revealing who I am, which we know all is not very possible on these boards, for the reasons that our beloved plant is still considered as illegal in our latitude. My own country could jail me for a thread like that, you know, apology of cannabis ^^ Well this thread will be another apology of cannabis that is for sure, so you will not see my face nor my name but you will follow my adventures.

So let' s get back to the story after this introduction. January 2014, storm, rain, wind, stuck awaiting for good weather to come, finishing up the stocks from my last grow, nice 14 weeks sativa cross that I did a little while ago (Jamaica x Nepal x Nigeria) x (Og Train Haze). Various phenotypes, ranging from OGTHaze dominant the most ass-kicky fuel tasting, to more mellow long-lasting high, with hazy undertones.

Anyway, took us two weeks until we finally got to get out of there, having also finished our stocks of sweet sinsemilia, it was getting boring. So as soon as we got a three days opening, time to go! Actually very lucky, as soon as we left the sea got almost crystal clear, but not enough wind to just sail, so that was gonna be a bit of Motor, until we reach our first stop, the Canaries Island.

It took us about 5 days to get there, and it was already showing up some signs of warming up. Though we only spent 3 days there, being a bit late on our timetable since we got stuck way too long before departure. Before reaching the island, since the sea was calm, and the weather very nice, I had the "excellent" idea to bake us a party cake, for our first stop. Well nope, not a good idea, considering the waves that kicked our ass when we were getting there... Cake ended up partially on the floor....

So getting there, that was time for a mission, up in smoke ! Canaries Island are part of Spain, hence I was kinda hoping that there was some kind of social clubs over there, like I have found in many other places in Spain, and that they would not be so hidden. Well, Not at all, or they were well hidden. Talking around with the local was an excellent way to start improving my spanish keeping Guatemala in mind, and that' s how we start digging out in the city. So I am not such a street person when it comes to getting some deals, I can do it in countries where it' s easy such as in Nepal, but countries where it' s not open are a bit hard for me. Thankfully, another crew member and soon friend, was from the streets :) All the techniques he knew, he definitely was in his element, but didn' t speak a word of spanish. What a team !
First bad news, no such things as social clubs. Second bad news, well herb is well tolerated in Spain, but far from being that well tolerated in the Canaries. And third bad news ( don' t worry good ones will come), well people didn' t seem to smoke much, no good smell whatsoever in the streets. That was our conclusions after 4 hours digging in there.

That's when luck hit us up. Well this was no season for outdoor herb, but Canaries is actually known for availability of moroccon hash. I was surprised ! I was not very keen on getting some hash, as my experience in Europe generally about hash is not very good, low quality- laced shit pretty much.

So we were in a park talking to some young guys, chilling out you know :biggrin: And they pull out a tiny bit of hash, and made a joint. My colleague started to share a bit of rap beats with them, and we shared this little joint they made. Damn it did quick our asses ! Sure, our tolerance was low, but damn that stuff was strong, and seemed to be of actual good quality. So we encquire where can we get that stuff. Luckily, they had the contact, but only a little sample we got, something like 7g for about 20 euros. Excellent price considering the quality, but we needed more as we were soon back on sailing, so contact was made and we had a meeting on the next day, where we ordered a nice big piece for everybody. I knew I could trust my friend to get us a safe and good deal, so here we go.

We got back to the boat, and damn that night ended up pretty quickly. The hash was very dark, bubbled very nicely, and was obviously from morrocco, most likely made of some pakistany strains, as it was quite different from the "original" moroccon hash we smoke in Amsterdam. It still had this taste from the Rif, unmistakeable !

And also, it was very strong, very intense in the body, and smoking it with my pipe (souvenir from the 2012 Cannabis Cup, strandvasker you know which one) resulted in us being all stoned out of our mind, and tired from the long walk around, it was not long before everybody was happily sleeping. Perfect night time hash !

So now, time for pictures. Unfortunatly, I didn' t took as much picts as I would have liked on the beginning of this trip, so I be taking a couple of them online to show you the Island. Don' t worry though, much more will come.

My place, beginning of January 2014. The weather tells me, time to get out !
picture.php

Bye bye Europe !
picture.php

Hello Canaries !
picture.php

In the next episode, little more about Canaries and hash, and next Step : cabo verde : a trip in the mountains looking to meet up with growers, some shots of local herb and imported, and smoke reports of course !

Green Squall

Cool thread, I will definitely be following. Your Nepal thread is actually what finally convinced me to join ICMag, after lurking the site for some time. I had always been drawn to the Himalayas for some reason, so I enjoyed that thread to say the least!

titoon29

Veteran
Wow, anothet great adventure Titoon.
Ill grab a front seat for the ride.
Hey Mack, thanks for the comment :biggrin: Always great to have you around, and looking forward to finally get back to fire many chillums together... Counting days !

Green Squall said:
Cool thread, I will definitely be following. Your Nepal thread is actually what finally convinced me to join ICMag, after lurking the site for some time. I had always been drawn to the Himalayas for some reason, so I enjoyed that thread to say the least!
Thank you too ! You gotta head to Nepal one of these days if you haven't, and share your experience ! Don't be shy :woohoo: I miss the Himalayas, still can't believe I did not return there yet... I almost did last year, but then Central America happened. You just made me think so far I have no plan for this year's Hash season in Nepal, gotta think about it now !

Update soon :tiphat:

ElRubio

Veteran
Tagged!!

I pull up a chair if u dont mind amigo! I Love your threads!!

Hasta la vista!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Hey titoon,

I was down there a few years back and visited 22 island/ countries while working on a ship.

I didn't look for hash just buds, the best I found were on Barbados.

enjoy the beaches for me!

hom

Veteran
Happy days Titoon....look forward to seeing what kinda madness you've been up to....meet up for a smoke in the Himalayas if you make it over this year...

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
Titoon, you are quite the tease, spreading your post of these travels so thinly.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
What an amazing travelogue you are creating here, Titoon. My imagination just soars as I read your account of taking to the sea, on a toking tour that covers some of Planet Earth's most beautiful and pristine shores.

I can just imagine relaxing on deck and vaping some righteous fragrant tropical bud, watching a sunset stretching forever across the open seas, and marveling at the dolphins surfing the bow wave, while strains of Stevie Ray Vaughn waft from below decks.

Holy chit man, you are living the dream most of us will only glimpse on a screen at home. It really is a privilege to be a guest on a forum frequented by more than a few true adventurers, who are so generous as to put to words the amazing memories they are creating way out there beyond the horizon - imagery that that now, in some small measure, can be shared by us all.

The maritime shots are amazing, and I look forward to seeing a whole lot more. Blue skies and gentle swells to yee seafaring friends, and may the trade winds carry you home again, safe and sound.

:tiphat:

titoon29

Veteran
Damn friends, I really gotta work an update, not been much in writing mode these days, and a bit far from icmag these days... And going to Morocco in a week as well...

Latest posts

Latest posts