What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New extraction technique? Rosin tech?

Sunfire

Veteran
Hey roji, I'm super curious. Will you see how big of a run you can efficiently do at one time on that shirt press? I theorize it's going to get to the point where you'll need an elephant to press a big run. If you can do maybe 10 grams at a time, effiently, let's say a 10% return, then I'll be impressed with this technique.

So you guys are all using flowers? No trim? I just fear this technique will be expensive for the end user, ie the impoverished patients who truly need the meds but can't really afford them.

Roji

Theres all sorts of ways to tweak this tech. The presses have pressure multiplying cams on the lever as well as pressure adjusters. Different temps at different press times produce a wide range of end results. This is worth investing time and money into. Trust me.

Humpi

Closed loop at one end of the lab. Shirt press at the other. Gonna be in dab heaven soon enough.

This stuff tastes amazing. Honestly can't believe it is this easy.

Roji what the biggest run you've done so far?

Roji

Ive only been pressing enough to keep my lab and its visitors in rosin dabs. Ill be testing production methods some time this week.

Roji

best rosin comes from good quality well cured nugs. Ive heard as high as 20% yields. I have notes on what tech produces what that I will release when Im sure its on point and accurate. I can tell you there has been some recent analytical testing that makes this stuff even more desirable.

theJointedOne

Veteran
250 and some Raw parchment paper....small price to pay for solventless with no mess, and you can make edibles or even smoke/vape the byproduct. Seems legit to me. I guess true test is if it can process more than a hit at a time. If its efficiently extracting large amounts I don't see why this shouldn't be a new staple in that hash maker's repertoire.

Sunfire

Veteran
I envision a some one starting to make a large custom machine. Would it not appropriate to press the material first, then add the heat? This would allow for huge runs on a huge custom machine. This would allow time to cinch down the press with some vice grip style mechanisms first. The hit the heat. Presets for temp and time could be programable.

hawper

Would any of these types of heat presses work / be applicable?

http://www.bestblanks.com/hixswingman25dtwin.html
"
The Swingman 25D Twin heat press is work horse with its heavy duty swing away heat press features and innovative dual lower platen system which is interchangeable with smaller or custom lower platen systems. Allowing the operator to prepare the next product/print while the other station is transferring the image. With a 20" x 25" straight up and down heat platen, this machine has been designed to apply transfer to tiles, plaques, mouse pads, shirts, etc, in any volume!

The over center lock down handle provides easy clamping. The rear mount pressure adjustment is capable of producing more downward force than any other standard 20"x25" manual heat press. The built in pivot bearing allows smooth and accurate motion to both platens. This heat press is a must have for the production user!

• 20"x25" heavy duty, swing away platen
  • Accommodates materials up to 1.75" thick
  • Digital time & temperature control
  • Interchangeable with 15"x 15" or custom made lower platen
  • Full range pressure adjustment
  • Dual bottom platens allow you to lay out products/transfers while other side is transferring
  • Easy open/close handle & easy swing away motion
  • On/off switch calibrated thermostat that can be set from off to 450F
  • Lifetime warranty on heating element
  • 1 year warranty on the press
  • 220 volts/14.5 Amps/1750 Watts
  • Nema 5-15P Standard Plug"

There's cheaper ones, but this one has twin tables for constant running. Is this even in the right ballpark? Hahaha

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
im quite sure the ultimate device is a tubular plunger type extraction vessel. something you can heat up enough, and apply immense pressure to. graywolf will figure it out probably :)

JColtrane

its stronger than bho though, 100% dabbable and 100% explosion proof. is that not worth it?

Well, I think you have to quantify what "worth it" means. If it means pressing your own dabs, or friends dabs ... than sure. But when we get into a commercial level, I think Joint's got it right. You'd have to spend a lot of time in R&D to get a process that might work

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
just like bho was in 2002. a lot of time has been spent working on that method. of course you could make more faster right of the bat, but we have come a long way in the last 13 years. lets see what 2 or 3 years of heat press r and d bring. all you naysayers just hold your tongues :) reminds me of all the heckling bho makers used to get from bubblebag lovers. i have a feeling most(all?)of you who are saying its not worth it have multi-thousand dollar investments in butane CLS machinery.

worth it doesn't mean can you make just as much just as fast.

have you seen this slab pic from someone who put in some time with their tshirt press?

Attachments

• rosinslab.jpg
    rosinslab.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 34

Roji

Hash Church is all about Rosin today so far [YOUTUBEIF]https://5XiEfAw9zR0[/YOUTUBEIF]

JColtrane

okay, okay ... listening to Church now. Guess now I'm thinking ... what about if you have some sort of noodle press where the roller's where heated via thermo coupler and regulated pressure??? Fuck, it seems like I'm always in R&D :laughing: