Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > DJ Short and Legends Seeds > The RED Stem *only* Pic Collection Thread

Thread Title Search
The RED Stem *only* Pic Collection Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-27-2011, 08:28 PM #1
Mr. Alkaline
Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Reflection of your Most Dominant Thoughts

Mr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to behold
Smile The RED Stem *only* Pic Collection Thread

The RED Stem *only* Pic Collection Thread
----------------------------------------------------------
Hello All Ye DJ Strain Lovers, Growers and Heritage Sativa Mexicana Enthusiasts!!!

I Desire a Thread that is devoted entirely to plants which have the Red Stem.
(*ALL Shades of Red are Welcome)

--It's okay to post plants with Red Streaking in the stem.
--It's okay if your Venation is purple or straight green, because the purpose of this group activity is to collect data on any of yours or someone elses plants exhibiting a solid RED.
--It's okay to post non-reds, but it is of lesser concern as the main focus is on Red.
---------------------------------------------------------
I've pondered the relationships between Stem Color and the experiential attributes of the finished product for many years now.

My point here is that this RED stem trait seems to often correlate with a clearer Head with a Daytime High. -And so far, this correlation has been reported and verified by a surprisingly large and consistent ratio of Blue Family growers!

We see this occur with FLo, F13 and Vanilluna mostly, but there are exceptions occasionally, especially when these strains may have had a BB indica father.

Following Red Stems could be a uniquely rewarding and very exciting path to some hard to reach sativa goals.....while saving hobby growers much time and effort in the short and long term.

Thanks in Advance to All who Participate!!!!

______________________________ ______________________________ _________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Favorite Quotes]:
"Most, if not all, hybrid plants, if regrown, will not be the same as the original hybrid plant, thus ensuring the dependency on seed distributors for future crops."
"...If you're not finding good plant lines, from today's available lines, you're not growing the right seed."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkAhQBbK-oM
Mr. Alkaline is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:22 PM #2
fabvariousk
Banned

fabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to allfabvariousk is a name known to all

I will start.
My Blue Satellite #1 from back in the day.
This was flowered under a 400 halide.
It stayed much more green when flowered under hps.
I have found that blue light and having too high a ph cause the most red to come out of genetics that have the inclination.
fabvariousk is offline Quote

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:26 PM #3
Jellyfish
Invertebrata intoxica

Jellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivorJellyfish is a survivor
Far out, never seen that.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:36 PM #4
Yes_I_Am
Banned

Yes_I_Am has a spectacular aura aboutYes_I_Am has a spectacular aura aboutYes_I_Am has a spectacular aura about
might not be able to see it in this pic but it pure red/purple all the way down, i love the stems on this flo cross.
Yes_I_Am is offline Quote

Old 05-27-2011, 09:42 PM #5
Yes_I_Am
Banned

Yes_I_Am has a spectacular aura aboutYes_I_Am has a spectacular aura aboutYes_I_Am has a spectacular aura about
sorry here are the pics

ive noticed pretty much 90% of my dank plants have real red/purple stripes on the stems, all my cheese crosses have them as well as my trainwreck and the blues cuts i have, ive noticed this for a while, ive yet to smoke the jlo i have which is in this pic its flo x kentish cream.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14052011393.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	118893 Click image for larger version

Name:	14052011394.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	118894
Yes_I_Am is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:54 PM #6
Mr. Alkaline
Your Changable Self is Constantly Becoming a Reflection of your Most Dominant Thoughts

Mr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to beholdMr. Alkaline is a splendid one to behold
I grew a red Vanilluna a while Back...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Favorite Quotes]:
"Most, if not all, hybrid plants, if regrown, will not be the same as the original hybrid plant, thus ensuring the dependency on seed distributors for future crops."
"...If you're not finding good plant lines, from today's available lines, you're not growing the right seed."

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:52 AM #7
Floralfaction
Fleur Olfaction

Floralfaction will become famous soon enoughFloralfaction will become famous soon enoughFloralfaction will become famous soon enough
Here's my F13 male, this is the best shot I've got of the redness, he had red streaking on the mainstem, and these red clusters.

This is my VLxF13 female (fathered by him^), harvested a couple months ago, the finest aromatic I've ever smelled anywhere.
Purplish red mainstem with red hues underneath some fan leaves and red veins under most bud leaves.

Quote:
My point here is that this RED stem trait seems to often correlate with a clearer Head with a Daytime High
Just a note, that VLxF13 lady certainly has a clear head, but is not daytime herb, at least not for my daytimes. She creeps up to a psychedelic peak around 1/2 hour in, and mellows out into crystal clarity, with a couple resurging waves of comfortable power. So I guess her head, like her colorations, are only part red?

peace

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:45 PM #8
Mr. Alkaline

Smile Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floralfaction View Post
... So I guess her head, like her colorations, are only part red?
Well....I don't 'really' know.

(I'm just here to have fun and make a thread that is both simple and complex, yet able to include up to 50% more member participation than otherwise.)

One thing that has Always perplexed me is that DJ Short never identified a Red stem inside the pure sativa 60's oaxacan, or the strains flo, f13 and VLuna!

-He mentions coloration traits only when they are 'ever-present' such as calyx 'stripes' in his 90's blue velvet.(Red, lavender)
-He mentions dark-colored calyx tips of red and purple as a 'constant-feature' in his sativa starter strain, the 60's oaxacan.
-He mentions 'hues' of purple which are 'exhibited' (?)Within his original Blueberry.
------------------
Then,...
-He tells his classroom in Cali that Red Pigment inside a trichome's venation often correlates with *Cherry flavoring(aromatics).
-He spoke of a purple trichome inside someone's F13, which was a sweet n' sour product,...
*Occasionally reported by members is that F13 will have 'notes' of either vanilla, fruit, citrus, berry(grape), floral(rose) or cedar(conifer) and sometimes even sharp urine, sour vomit and musk(mushroom/forest floor/socks)
------------------
Dj said something about purple tinted water that resulted from the making of Bubble Hash from a Blue Satellite(version 1), but he was referring to trichome pigmentation once again.
------------------
I've recently learned that particular oaxacan cultivars(strains) will often sport a green stem for when it's vegging, then swap the color to red or purple for flowering.

Interesting to me, is that the aforementioned 'green' stems(95%green), can transport Red juice up the plant, inside the stalk/stem...to any body part it wants(discrete, invisible,stealth!)

Therefore, I do understand the 'Why', that DJ speaks consistent volumes about just caylx and trichome color-eventualities! ...rather than blab and blab about every beginning or mid-stage color trait he's witnessed.

Dj rather-stands out as preoccupied with 'what' happens inside the last week of flowering.
-------------------

In Conclusion, my initial highlighting of a couple distinct associations with RED stems(in any plant stage), was to focus on, or i.d. what single trait seems to precipitate an Alert and Clear 'head'. -A reliable calling card, if u will

For example, I harvested a Blue Heaven cut(purple stem) which was somewhat spacey rather than Clear. Iow, it was not 'crisp' or crystal.

...And I found the same spacey head in a purple stemmed F13 and Vanilluna.
I did find the crisp F13, and it did have red nodes, but a mostly green stem, and I did not feel any 'body'.
-The high was light and up, but the plant was an intersex...as F13 has some unrefined roots (earlier filial gens) with many 'raw' traits occuring, from very old seed stock, which....likely doesn't know what year it is, to behave in a different way as an indoor zombie with a singular sexuality in a Big Bud corporate standardized world.

[Favorite Quotes]:

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:45 PM #9
RC_Colas

RC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to all
Maduro 'Red'

Very interesting post to collect flowers with a common characteristic and perhaps lineage

Here is my Maduro 'RED' line with a solid red colored stem and lilac bouquet

Cheers

RC_Colas
RC_Colas is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:26 AM #10
RC_Colas

RC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to allRC_Colas is a name known to all
Talking Copalita 'RED' ~ Oaxacan (HOG?)

My newest member of my Oaxacan family...red stemed Copalita's

Cheers

RC_Colas
RC_Colas is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.