Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons

Thread Title Search
Off the shelf retail store screw-in LED and CFL bulb comparisons Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2018, 02:26 PM #2261
noknees

noknees is on a distinguished road
thanks repuk! i'm not allowed to give you more rep right now

noknees is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:58 PM #2262
BigHitGuy420

BigHitGuy420 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by repuk View Post
I don't know when did I do the math(possibly under the influence ), but wood-grid SIL hood isn't 390W, but 252W:

View Image

Original design assumed all SILs to be 11W, which wasn't possible at the end.

Actually purchased bulbs were
10 x 11W 2700K = 110W
6 x 15W 5000K = 90W
4 x 13W 6500K = 52W

Total 252W

Actual draw from the wall:

View Image

Actual watts per sq feet: 35W per sq feet

Yield:
Kalichakra 195 grams
Beyond the Brain #2 126 grams
Beyond the Brain #1 73grams

Total 394grams, 1,6GPW.

I don't trim small sugar leaves specially if they're full of trichs. Remember this is for my own use, but even with a thorough trimming job, say 10% less weight, GPW is still >=1.5.

One thing is for sure: SILs, when used with a suitable technique (strain, LST, even canopy, etc) is the most efficient lightning for growing, no doubt about that.
Wow that's a great yield man. Got me excited about my grow cuz I wasn't really sure how much I would get. Right now I've got 3 plants under roughly 500-520 watts of SIL's. Got 2 sativa hybrids(bag seed) with over 100 tops and an indica with about 50 tops or so. My one sativa is on week 5 of flower today and it's already got multiple banana sized nugs. I also have it in an 18 gal tote. My other sativa and indica are coming up on week 2 of flower and I have them in 10 gal totes and this sativa is bigger than the other one with about 25% more tops and already seeing good trich production for some bag seed. Also I am using advanced nutrient trio and some fox farms big bloom and tiger bloom on the side. I've also got another indica(same strain as the other)vegging under 54 watts and it is kickin ass. It really is amazing how good these lights r. Well that about raps it up. Let me know if u want to c some pics and I'll upload some.
BigHitGuy420 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:40 PM #2263
noknees

noknees is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHitGuy420 View Post
Let me know if u want to c some pics and I'll upload some.
yes please, thanks
noknees is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2018, 11:10 PM #2264
repuk

repuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to all
Noknees: no problem! please post on how it goes!

BigHitGuy420: Of course, that's the purpose of the thread! To share systems and results, and a picture is worth a thousand words...
repuk is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 07:14 PM #2265
BigHitGuy420

Alright guys I did upload some new photos on my page of the girls. My albums should be public so if u want to c just go check it out. I'm not that great at posting pics so this is just easier for me lol. Anyways I named the album my 3 beasts. I'll upload more pics in about a week. P.s. I grew all these from seed. The one on 5 weeks of flower I vegged for 6 weeks and the others got vegged for 8 weeks from time the seed sprouted. I topped at 3rd node and did lots of LST, super cropping and pruning to get all the shoots I have now. I also did a 2nd round of topping at about 4-5 weeks but I top every single shoot at the canopy to double my shoots and that's how I'm getting 100+ tops. The stems on these girls are also quite thick. Prolly like 1.5 to 2 inches in diameter and very strong thick branches. Well that's about it for now. Hope u guys enjoy and if u got any other questions feel free to ask. I'm always happy to help and give some pointers as well as learn some stuff for myself.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:08 PM #2266
repuk

repuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to allrepuk is a name known to all

Looking killer and dialed-in! Is that a cab? sizes? air management?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=77507
repuk is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 09:31 PM #2267
BigHitGuy420

Quote:
Looking killer and dialed-in! Is that a cab? sizes? air management?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=77507
Its actually just a closet that I cleaned out and turned into my grow op. Dementions are roughly 6ft wide by 5ft tall and 2ft deep. I keep the doors open so that the fan there in front can cover all 3 plants. I just run air conditioning to keep the temps at about 78°F. And I vent the room out about twice a day letting in new fresh air. Planned on getting an 8x8ft tent after this run is over.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:07 PM #2268
repuk

They look great, you've got good growing hands!

Something's for sure, SILs and restricted spaces match like bread and butter...
repuk is offline Quote

Old 07-19-2018, 11:10 PM #2269
BigHitGuy420

Quote:
They look great, you've got good growing hands!

Something's for sure, SILs and restricted spaces match like bread and butter...
Thanks man. All my buddies think so too. I really just got the hang of this whole growing thing about 7 months ago when I started using these SIL's and I started doing lots and lots of research on the web. But yeah you're right about SIL's and restricted spaces. Being able to trap the light in gives u a better grow.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:31 PM #2270
Dr.Young

Dr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of lightDr.Young is a glorious beacon of light
Love it, gonna pull up a chair... I think I'll bust out the 3 socket vanity fixtures, and Y splitters. This would make for amazing sidelighting. Already have all the UV\blues\reds\IR I need in my LED.. Some 2700ks on the side, and we're set. I already have a Malawi dad under a little 13w LED
Dr.Young is online now Quote