Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > The Funny Picture thread.......

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
The Funny Picture thread....... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2016, 09:26 AM #1151
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I knew some can shoot them.I just didn't know the actual plant itself could move like that.I'm not really surprised. Might be good defence to have around.I can't help it.this kinda reminds me of Attack of the killer tomatoes! I gotta watch that again

Old 07-07-2016, 10:55 AM #1152
Stoner4Life
Medicinal Advocate

Stoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivorStoner4Life is a survivor

don't borrow cell phones.......

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:07 PM #1153
Betterhaff

Betterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond reputeBetterhaff has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by shithawk420 View Post
Yeah I knew some can shoot them.I just didn't know the actual plant itself could move like that.I'm not really surprised. Might be good defence to have around.I can't help it.this kinda reminds me of Attack of the killer tomatoes! I gotta watch that again
It's sometimes called the "Jumping Cholla" and grows in the SW, mainly Sonora. It usually grows in loose, soft soil/sand and when one gets close to it the pressure from the person's/thing's weight depresses the ground causing the cactus to lean towards them thus another nick "Leaning Cactus." The barbs are very tenacious (think burrs) and the segments detach easily. Actually it's a method of propagation.

I bet that golfer was probably more concerned about rattlesnakes while looking for his ball. Never expected that, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ajBNvtZ_vE

Edit: watch the second video that follows. For a seasoned outdoorsman he sure does a stupid thing, lol.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:01 PM #1154
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor
Cool Dive into the Cactus ....

I saw a video of a guy dining into one of those Cactus and I forget did it in on a bet or dare.

My wife is a Cactus Collector She doesn't like to trim them.

I refuse to f@&$ with them

Prop 215 Compliant

Old 07-07-2016, 05:39 PM #1155
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond reputeshithawk420 has a reputation beyond repute
i cant believe how easy they stuck to that outdoor guy and were so hard to get out.i cant believe he did it on porpuse

Old 07-07-2016, 06:47 PM #1156
420somewhere
Hi ho here we go

420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor420somewhere is a survivor
Cool I tried googling for the video and couldn't find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shithawk420 View Post
i cant believe how easy they stuck to that outdoor guy and were so hard to get out.i cant believe he did it on porpuse
It was a while back

Prop 215 Compliant

Old 07-07-2016, 08:13 PM #1157
PrimalHaze

PrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to all
jumping cactus on acid

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:07 PM #1158
Robrites

Robrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivor

Legal Weed is the fastest growing industry in the United States.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-07-2016, 11:05 PM #1159
Weezard
Hawaiian Inebriatti

Weezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivorWeezard is a survivor
Click image for larger version

Name:	insufficient data.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	370519

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-08-2016, 12:40 AM #1160
Sforza

Sforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betterhaff View Post
It's sometimes called the "Jumping Cholla" and grows in the SW, mainly Sonora. It usually grows in loose, soft soil/sand and when one gets close to it the pressure from the person's/thing's weight depresses the ground causing the cactus to lean towards them thus another nick "Leaning Cactus." The barbs are very tenacious (think burrs) and the segments detach easily. Actually it's a method of propagation.

I bet that golfer was probably more concerned about rattlesnakes while looking for his ball. Never expected that, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ajBNvtZ_vE

Edit: watch the second video that follows. For a seasoned outdoorsman he sure does a stupid thing, lol.
They don't jump or lean, but it seems like they do, because the slightest touch will cause them to stick to you.

A few months ago, my dog got into some cholla cactus at our ranch in Arizona. The cactus drops limbs, which can take root and grow into new plants. Although I kept my dog well away from the jumping cactus while walking her on a leash, I did not see one limb on the ground and her front leg was stuck with spines. She thought she was bit by something and in turn she bit the cactus that was stuck onto her leg. That put many spines into her nose and mouth, including her gums, tongue, and the roof of her mouth.

When pulling the spines out of her nose, you could tell that it was really painful, since she reacted strongly to each pull. And she is a pit bull with a high pain tolerance. By tying her up closely, while I held her, my wife was able to get most of the spines out using pliers, but there remained some in her gums, tongue, and the roof of her mouth, so we had to take her to the vet, who knocked her out and got the rest of the spines out.

Thread Closed