Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > DJ Short and Legends Seeds > The RED Stem *only* Pic Collection Thread

Thread Title Search
The RED Stem *only* Pic Collection Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2016, 09:15 PM #131
CoCoSativas
Banned

CoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud ofCoCoSativas has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Alkaline View Post
View Image
Correlations with stem color and effect are real when you find a true lineage to back it up fromst where the color originated. I was fortunate to find it to be true in the Kalimist
This is all very much above my head but i have noticed about half or more of the kali phenos ive popped display stem colouration. The one im keeping now not much but i had another one i popped at the same time that was very colourful. I didnt keep the other one because the one i have now is faster and heavier with a large top cola and can fit many more plants in a space it grows more up then out like the culled sister. The one i kept is done 20 days faster but close in effect and taste so i was happy felt lucky the one i kept had all the good qualities of the more sativa dom one, but more desirable for my situation.

I like kali mist alot!
CoCoSativas is offline Quote

Old 02-23-2016, 05:53 PM #132
satva

satva is a splendid one to beholdsatva is a splendid one to beholdsatva is a splendid one to beholdsatva is a splendid one to beholdsatva is a splendid one to beholdsatva is a splendid one to beholdsatva is a splendid one to beholdsatva is a splendid one to beholdsatva is a splendid one to beholdsatva is a splendid one to beholdsatva is a splendid one to behold
Destroyer x (1973 Highland Guerrero x Blueberry)

Destroyer x Highland Mexican - f2

Colombian Gold x 1960's Jamacian Lambsbread

Acapulco Gold grown by Snowhigh

Destroyer x Highland Mexican male named "Sweet Red Legs"

Last edited by satva; 02-24-2016 at 01:20 AM..
satva is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:11 AM #133
LostTribe

LostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud ofLostTribe has much to be proud of
love the classic Highland Oaxaca bright purple stemmed f13's! got one on deck but scared to run it as its a mutant for sure.

Treating Cancer with Concentrates
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=301121
LostTribe is offline Quote

Old 04-23-2016, 05:35 AM #134
Phenome
-

Phenome is a splendid one to beholdPhenome is a splendid one to beholdPhenome is a splendid one to beholdPhenome is a splendid one to beholdPhenome is a splendid one to beholdPhenome is a splendid one to beholdPhenome is a splendid one to beholdPhenome is a splendid one to beholdPhenome is a splendid one to beholdPhenome is a splendid one to beholdPhenome is a splendid one to behold
Grape krush
Phenome is offline Quote

Old 05-02-2016, 03:51 PM #135
Frankwills

Frankwills will become famous soon enough
Growing it in between trips interstate, growing it for a close member of the family. They water while I'm gone... just as well, it's been a long hot summer, and it's been a few years since I've grown. Always nice to feel and smell the soil.

F13 f2... 14weeks flowering now and still more to go... perhaps not a common pheno... not sure, but she's an amazing plant, everyone who has seen her in the flesh has been floored and awed. Over 7 foot tall and over 8 foot wide... in a pot, in a shed. This thing would have been insane outdoors in the ground.

Well... it is DJ's genetics no?

Hi to everyone
Frankwills is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:28 AM #136
Frankwills

16 weeks, only a couple more to go. In the last 2 weeks tric count has gone up exponentially and the buds have become very prickly to the touch and very heavy, aroma has increased considerably. Aroma is simply sublime, incense-y with a rank skunky background, a bit of hash too. Ambering started over a week ago.

The "solid" part/body of the buds in the pics are each around 4 inches wide and 8 inches long.

... here, the same bud as the previous taken on another camera, a mate's camera:

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2016, 12:49 PM #137
elanius

elanius is a glorious beacon of lightelanius is a glorious beacon of lightelanius is a glorious beacon of lightelanius is a glorious beacon of lightelanius is a glorious beacon of lightelanius is a glorious beacon of lightelanius is a glorious beacon of lightelanius is a glorious beacon of lightelanius is a glorious beacon of lightelanius is a glorious beacon of lightelanius is a glorious beacon of light
Amazing pheno! Strong mexican sativas traits. I had seen similar pheno in F2 (F6 to be more precise) generation, but yours is much closer to the haze heritage. Really beautiful girl you have there!

This pheno smells very floral, fresh grass and bit eucalyptus. Straight menthol/floral smell when dry. Effect was very up and long lasting.

oh and she had green stem in veg and most of the flowering, but went to red when finishing. She was red all the time when planted outdoors, no pictures sorry

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:17 PM #138
PrimalHaze

PrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to allPrimalHaze is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankwills View Post
16 weeks, only a couple more to go. In the last 2 weeks tric count has gone up exponentially and the buds have become very prickly to the touch and very heavy, aroma has increased considerably. Aroma is simply sublime, incense-y with a rank skunky background, a bit of hash too. Ambering started over a week ago.

The "solid" part/body of the buds in the pics are each around 4 inches wide and 8 inches long.

View Image

View Image

... here, the same bud as the previous taken on another camera, a mate's camera:

View Image
Amazing F13! Any close ups of the stem on it?
PrimalHaze is offline Quote

Old 05-07-2016, 12:34 PM #139
Frankwills

PrimalHaze,

Amazing F13! Any close ups of the stem on it?

Thanks elanius & PrimalHaze,

Your F13 elanius sounds similar to another one I had in the grow. Only vegged that one for about 6weeks and forced flower, she finished many months ago. Ended up a meter tall and only about a foot wide. She looked very lanky with only a small number of bud sites on her. The buds looked “loose” but were quite dense and very prickly. More of a sort of Hash plant bud structure, IOW, lots of trics on the leafs without many calyxes. She started heavy resin production from very early into flower, whereas this one took 3 months to start churning it out properly. Even when she started, it took a few weeks for it to pick up properly, ie, exponential production, not linear. Both these girls had “mainly” but not wholly green mainstems early in veg, but that changed very quickly to red then crimson/blood red.

Here a pic of the one I’m talking about just prior to nighting her:

She only stretched another foot, so ended up foot tall, and not much wider than you see her.

Here’s the only 2 flower pics of her I took, and btw, I harvested her at 12weeks, ie, after she had finished her 2nd flowering spurt. foxtailing a bit and her stigmas drying with about 20% ambered trics:

I no longer smoke canna but the person I’m growing it for tried the first girl, and so did a another mate of ours, and they were both blown away… and neither had ever seen anything like her in all their life. Nothing around our neck of the woods grows and looks like an F13. Everyone here who has seen her is left looking like a young kid that’s just walked into a candy store for the first time in their life. Keep in mind that one of them has been smoking for 40 years, and has seen hundreds of outdoor grows in his time, the other for about 25years and is a regular grower for as long as I I’ve known him, which is 22 years. This year he grew some F1 NevillesHaze and MangoHaze kerns I got directly from shanti’s auctions, and I kid you NOT, he begged my other mate to swap him an ounce for an ounce of his best Neville. He would have wanted to swap more, but the little lady I harvested only produced a clean 2 ounces fully dried. She was more of a test grow to see if it was worth finishing off the one I have left, which is why a hurried her into flower. Both the guys ended up happy because my mate that I grew it for preferred the old school THC “showering of the senses” that Neville’s provides, whereas the other mate preferred what he called, the “cocaine-like clear headed yet heavy” soaring of the F13. So the swap happened. Ironically, the mate I grew it for complained that the F13 was too heavy a smoke for him, which is why he was very happy for the swap. I always knew when he had smoked it because he’d fall asleep early in the day whenever he did the old fart. lol A gram in a joint/spliff would just wipe him out, he couldn’t even finish the thing, one would last him two smokes; 2 “fully-loaded” smokes.

So what I’m getting at here is that according to these mates, the F13 , depending on your preference of stone-aspect, is either equal to the true Nev’s, or better… and that’s saying something.

Then again, I’ve been telling anyone who asks me, even from way back in the old Overgrow forum days, that IMO, anything that bears the name “DJ Short” is top-notch for its class. IMO, DJ is the master of the fast flowerer in terms of QUALITY of stone. Never before, or after, had I ever come across a strain which could produce the quality of stone that normally comes with a 12-14 or more week flowerer, in less than 8 weeks… and I refer to his early Blueberry. I haven’t tried any blueberry kerns sold under his label after about 2005, so I can’t say anything about them now, even though it would surprise me if they weren’t equal to or better than the originals. That BB had what we use to call, a “sativa pheno”, and IMO, it was the pheno of choice. She’d yield less than the “keeper” higher yielding indica pheno, but she would finish FASTER, and the stone was superior IMO, it was superb. I’ve had and have grown 14week sativas outdoors that could NOT stone you as nicely as that. I could get amber trics on it in as little as 42 days if everything went right with the grow. It was the number ONE cut, choice cut, in Nimbin for over 3 years. It was the strain used in numerous crossings that won MANY Nimbin cups in the early years, including 1st prize in numerous categories over numerous years.

It would be interesting to know what side of the F13 genetic pool has dominated the hazey girl I have now. Mexican? If so, then she should produce a more “elevated” stone than her smaller sister, no? That would be something, my mate would be very happy if that’s the case.

Here’s some stem close-ups Primal, let me know what you think regarding genetic dominance, the camera initiated the flash on some of these pics, taken late in the day:

{continued next post}

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:41 PM #140
Frankwills

On the note of the size of the colas:

1 members found this post helpful.