What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marijuana farm found in Papua

W

Water-

The Jayapura Police's narcotics unit found a marijuana farm on a hilly area in Abepura, Jayapura, Papua, on Monday afternoon.

Jayapura Police chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Gustav Urbinas said the unit had found marijuana plants between 1 and 2 meters high on a 15-square-meter plot of land, situated in an area that took 45 minutes to reach on foot.

“The farm looked neglected […] there’s no grass, but we found fertilizer and around 15 marijuana plants,” he said Tuesday.

The police, who have yet to identify the owner of the farm, received reports from local residents who often went out to hunt wild boar in the area.

“We will follow up on our findings, whether or not there are other farms like this. This suggests that marijuana has been not only been supplied from Papua New Guinea, but it has also been produced domestically,” Gustav said.

During a three-day operation over the weekend, the police arrested four people for marijuana possession and confiscated 2,382 kilograms of marijuana. In the last three months, the police have arrested 41 people and seized 22,87 kg of marijuana. (swd)

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2018/04/17/marijuana-farm-found-in-papua.html

soil margin

Veteran
Fertilizer and 15 plants? I guess my condo is a marijuana farm now. These guys will do anything for clicks these days.

Bumbatar

Why are the idiots in the second story down wearing masks when they touch the marijuana bricks like they are gonna get poisoned by the smell?? It reminds me of a raid I saw on the news in one of the deep south states of the U.S.A where they were pulling plants out of a grow house wearing tyvek suits rubber gloves and gas masks cuz they said it was super potency from a "hydroponic laboratory". Its agonizing how potent the stupid can be.

therevverend

Veteran
That's in Indonesia not surprised they're making a big deal out of it. The drug war is strong there. Meanwhile I'm sure the cops have their grow up over the hill with a 1000 plants. I love how shocked they act over 15 fucking plants.
The top story on the page is about a club losing it's license because ketamine, pot, ecstacy, and meth were being sold on the premises. Arrested 33 people for being high. Sounds like it catered to foreigners when it reopens I know where to go if I ever visit. They hauled a corpse out of there the week before so it's not a shock it got busted.
Next story down shows some fascists burning tramadol and brickweed in a burn barrel. In Bogor, wherever in fuck that is, they confiscated 3400 grams of cannabis along with 6 grams of meth, the tramadol, some gas cans full of moonshine, and some other drugs I don't know about but probably aren't very good. Why all the military and police were paid to stand around looking cool near the burn barrel is confusing to me.

ahortator

Veteran
Stupid news! Who cares about 15 plants and fertilizer?

Indonesia is committing a genocide against West Papua people!

https://www.culturalsurvival.org/pu...erly/west-papua-forgotten-war-unwanted-people

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-no-o...apua-carried-out-by-the-Indonesian-government

https://freewestpapua.wordpress.com/2013/01/16/indonesian-brutality-in-occupied-west-papua/

318046_10152435143200010_1730927382_n.png

W

Water-

I though the interesting part was this:

"During a three-day operation over the weekend, the police arrested four people for marijuana possession and confiscated 2,382 kilograms of marijuana. In the last three months, the police have arrested 41 people and seized 22,870 kg of marijuana".

Papua must be exporting herb or smoking a lot

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I though the interesting part was this:

"During a three-day operation over the weekend, the police arrested four people for marijuana possession and confiscated 2,382 kilograms of marijuana. In the last three months, the police have arrested 41 people and seized 22,870 kg of marijuana".

Papua must be exporting herb or smoking a lot

i'm thinking they confused grams with kilograms myself. police are NEVER the sharpest chisels in the toolbox...:biggrin:

therevverend

Veteran
I almost posted about another article on that page about the Indonesian politicians questioning (lecturing) Facebook representatives. Cambridge Analytical was the excuse. Their statements were about Facebook causing social unrest with fake news and hoaxes.
It sounded like they were worried about how it could threaten their authoritarian regime. The image above of a uniformed man kicking the shit out native Papuans is an example of the 'fake news' they're talking about.
They were very interested in finding ways to control what can and can't be posted on Facebook. Very new and frightening to them. It should be, it's a way for people to organize and discuss stuff they weren't able to before.
Uganda government wants to put a tax on Facebook users. Similar thinking. Their idea is to create a Ugandan government run Facebook that people will use instead of paying the tax. They don't understand that the allure of Facebook is that it crosses borders.

Last edited:
W

Water-

Fake news, yeah right. this genocide and rape of the Papuan environment has been going on for decades.

check out images of the Grasberg mine.

The US government is 100% behind the Indonesian Military regime and completely ignores the genocide in Papua.

M

moose eater

To paraphrase Forrest Gump's mother, Tyrant is as tyrant does.

Anyone engaged in genocide, or supporting those who are engaged, should ne 'cleansed' from the planet themselves, imo.

In the meantime, I wonder if the real reason for the outcry over the weed is the fact that they had to walk 45" each way in uniform. They need a Gatorade team to dump a giant jug of orange liquid on them after they discover such a 'HUGE score' in celebration of their saving the world from devilish vices, yet again..

Employment made real for jackasses and scoundrels.

W

Water-

Good news:

Freeport to Close Grasberg Mine Operation

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - The management of PT Freeport Indonesia will close the operation of the open-pit gold mine in Grasberg, Mimika, Papua.

Executive Vice President of PT Freeport Indonesia for Sustainable Development Sony Prasetyo, said that Freeport's production in 2019 will be reduced by 80,000 tons per day from the previous 200,000 tons per day.

"It is a technical condition, the open-pit mine in Grasberg is about to close, and by 2019 it is expected to stop, now it is already cannot be exploited, the only way we exploit it is from below or underground," Sony said in Timika on Monday, April 16, 2018.

Meanwhile, underground exploitation cannot be immediately carried out because there are still issues that must be solved, including the permits. However, if the government gives permission for underground mining exploitation, the result will not be optimal until around 2021 or 2023.

Latest posts

Latest posts