What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

States with Medical Marijuana have less Opioid Prescriptions

therevverend

Veteran
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/where-marijuana-is-legal-opioid-prescriptions-fall/

Great article here. Covers a lot of stuff obvious to marijuana users, like how opiates mess with digestion among other side effects that cannabis doesn't have.
It mentions that the more access patients have to cannabis the less opiates are prescribed. The states that have active dispensaries issue far less opiate scripts then medical states that don't have active dispensaries.
This isn't in the article but personally, when I've been in major pain after surgery, to the point where I needed opiates. When I was smoking ganja I needed far less painkillers, weaker painkillers, and I was able to get off the pain pills much faster.
This kind of stuff is obvious. It's good to see it in a respectable science blog that a lot of academic types will read. I've seen several good cannabis articles in Scientific American.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Mrs. G needs morphine for the pain for a really shitty, somewhat rare, illness she has,
but thank goodness she also has all the cannabis she wants.. I make sure of that..

It has kept her from becoming totally dependent on the morphine...

By the way, J. Sessions can kiss my ass..

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sessions is ignorant in understanding chronic pain as much as understanding cannabis is relief from pain and other many health maladies.

Gry

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sessions, an unapologetic and eager step and fetch for corporate interests.
There are 25% fewer deaths do to opiate overdose in states where cannabis is available.

[/FONT]

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mrs. G needs morphine for the pain for a really shitty illness she has,
but thank goodness she also has all the cannabis she wants.. I make sure of that..

Glad you're able to provide needed relief, Bud.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
opiates are strong medicine and its nice to have other choices for pain management.
hopefully one day, doctors will be as willing to provide a more natural alternative to the strong pharmaceuticals they currently use

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've reduced my intake of prescribed opioids by over 90% because of cannabis

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mrs. G needs morphine for the pain for a really shitty, somewhat rare, illness she has,

thank god my body rejects morphine, makes me puke at single doses, of course my doctor prescribed heavy doses of 2 types (hydromorphone & vicodin) of opiates.......

pill pushers, pluck 'em!!!

give your missus my best, I'm gonna find then post a good chick friendly pic for her in the 'Country' thread tomorrow. :)

Latest posts

Latest posts