What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What was your favorite pot from the day?

geneva_sativa

^ that remind me of first time I got high, smoked some haze looking herb in the big corncob pipe bowl, remember taking like 10 good hits and holding each long as I could, per my brother's instructions

couldn't speak or move for a looooooonnnnggg while,

but boy could I laugh

like electricity jolting through my body, suddenly arching like convulsing, i'll never forget
that night

satva

Veteran
1970's - Top Ten

1970's - Top Ten

1973 Maui Wowie (thru NYC) seedless flowers (Wow, very euphoric!) $3 - $4 / gram, connoisseur cannabis and very expensive.
1975 Thai Stick ($15 / stick) ridiculously expensive for a finger sized stick, when I'm trimming arm sized colas of homegrown colas of Maui Wowie. My brother's best friend was growing Highland Oaxacan cannabis plants the size of small two story houses.

all of the 1960's - early 1970's Colombians was imported thry New York City _ sold for $3 - $4 / gram, connoisseur cannabis and very expensive. Stronger than mid-level Lebanese or Morracan hash with better connoisseur high than 95% of all early 1970's African, Middle East, and Southeast Asian hash. My favorite was that top 5% of African, Middle East, and Southeast Asian hash - connoisseur stash, not available commercially. Hash + Psycedelics was my 1970's ticket to paradise. In the 1970's - I always had Black Nepalese Temple Hash, well cure Pscilicybin Mushrooms, homegrown Maui Wowie or Oaxacan and clinical pure LSD - 25 ( $1 / hit = 16 hour trip). Of those Maui Wowie had my favorite high - very blissful and euphoric. Life could get very weird very fast and for a long time on LSD - 25.

The connoisseur Colombian that came thru New York City in the late 1960's and early 1970's and 1975 Thai Stick had highs the closest to LSD -25, not as long lasting or as strong but similar high. Clear, clean, cerebral, trippy, psycedelic and other worldly.

Late 1960's - early 1970's Colombian Red seedless flowers (Narcotic and psycedelic high)
Late 1960's - early 1970's Colombian Green/Red seedless flowers (Punto Rojo - blissful, contemplative high, one of the best highs)
Late 1960's- early 1970's Colombian Gold seedless flowers (similar to LSD-25) Frankincense aromas
Late 1960's - early 1970's Colombian Rainbow seedless flowers
Late 1960's - early 1970's Colombian Purple seedless flowers
Late 1960's early 1970's dark brown/green/black Colombian - strong and psycedelic high.
1972 Acapulco Gold (thru Miami) strong, trippy, and psycedelic ( similar trip to mushrooms
1971 Panama Red (thru Miami) strong, trippy and psycedelic (similar trip to mushrooms)
1974 Highland Oaxacan Gold - The one DJ Short raves about
late 1960's early 1970's Thai seedless flowers ( Thru NYC) (Clean, spacious and blissful high)
Mid-1970's Homegrown seedless 1973 Maui Wowie (Wow) $2 - $3 gram)
Mid--1970's homegrown seedless 1974 Highland Oaxacan Gold ( $2 - $3 gram_$3 - $4 / gram, connoisseur cannabis and very expensive.
Early 1970's hand-rubbed satvia charas from Burma and Nepal ($6 gram if you were lucky)
Early 1970's Black Nepales hash - thru New York City ( $5 - $6 gramz)
1973 Nepalese Charas - opiated ( $7 gram)

There was only one shipment of commercial Colombian that is note-worthly - 1976 Colombian Red, (Narcotic strong and psychedelic) 12 people got very high / stoned from 2 joints, smoking in a circle ceremony in my side yard.

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Mentor
Veteran
I had to read the name of this thread again. (What was your favorite pot from the day?) It wasn't named was it the best quality ever.

Nice try, comparing what Ace and CBG are making and modern methods of growing to what was happening 50-60 years ago on the streets of the US. The peasants from central and south America flooded the US with compressed and heavily seeded Columbian, sometimes moldy, Panama Red, Michoacán, Jamaican and whatever. You were lucky to score a bag that was under 50% seed. Most people didn't even bother to remove the seed from joints and pipe bowls. When a seed cooked off and shot out a 3 foot jet of smoke people would run over and stick their head in it. Made sense because if the dope was weak the lack of oxygen gave you a good buzz. The genetics may have been good but every thing the growers and smugglers did after that was fucked. I want a bag of that stuff as much as I want some Classic 60 year old pussy.
The vehicles I drive now are much nicer than what I drove as a young man or student in school. The smoke I grow now is much better than what I could find then. But what that old seeded stuff did was start a passion that is even stronger today than then. I have to admit a t shirt full of seed burned holes was a badge of honor I wore proudly. Honestly we had nothing to compare it to. I find it hard to believe all your experiences with pot from your youth were that bad of a memory. Your still growing, smoking, on ICMag talking about the past and memories. Peace

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ And you take those prices and multiply by 4. Plus you had to throw away seeds and stems so even more expensive.

I had the Colombian Red and yes it was spacey and more narcotic than most of the imports. Forerunner to the hybrids that were to come from California.

Did you have Punto Rojo back in early seventies or was that the Colombian Red? If you had the PR how was it compared to what you are growing now?

Not sure if DJ really had Oaxacan like what we think of it now. Potency seemed to be higher for him than what we have now.

satva

Veteran
Two types of conniousseur high in the 1970's: one where you laughed at everything and couldn't talk normally and one that was cerebral, contemplative and spiritual - symbolic or the perhaps the catalyst of the 1960's / 1970's spiritual revolution - The Dawning of the Age of Aquarius... lol... now look what has happened to the Age of Aquarius. It looks like something else today.... lol....

yesum, I smoked connoisseur dealers stash in the late 1960's and early 1970's. I never smoked a seed or stem in the 1970's , same in 2016, I'm not smoking seeds and stems in 2016. Nothing changed! $3 - $4 gram in 1970's you got no shake, no seeds and minimal stems, similar to what we smoke today in 2016. Smoking seeds and stems has never been a good.....

Cannabiogen's Punto Rojo - 1 sweet tropical fruit / spicy is the same as the best 1960's - early 1970's Colombian sweet tropical fruit / spicy. 1970 Purple Colombian is the same as Cannabiogne's 2016 Purple Colombian found in Mangobiche and Punto Rojo. 2016 well grown gold phenotypes of Punto Rojo and CoJam + 20 - 24 weeks of flowering and cured to gold color for +6 months in glass are the best ~ very trippy and psychedelic other worldy high. And yes, well grown 2016 is better than 1970's connoisseur dealers stash. We're talking thin NLD tropical sativas + 22 weeks of flowering. They were good in 1970 and are still good in 2016, better if you harvest and cure properly.

Sure Colombians in the mountains near the equator can grow better cannabis than I can indoor/outdoor in Colorado sun + indoor lights. My 2016 Punto Rojo grow from cloudy trichcomes into glass for 6 months. My harvesting and curing methods are multiples better than Colombian growers who left there harvest in pipes of flower stalks along the road. than those were the connoisseur farmers. Harvesting and curing of most mid-1970's Colombian was brutal, and after that the terrorist organizations introduced indica into the Mexican and Colombian genetics.

1970's Oaxacan was not as strong as 1970's Colombian, Charlie Gracia said the same about Cannabiogen's Colombians and Cannabiogen's Oaxacan 1979. 2016 Oaxacan Pure NLD or 1979 Oaxacan is not as strong as the pure Colombians that just the way it is. Its true, the Oaxacan high is sweet and clean, but lacks the intense psychedelic and trippy high of a good NLD equatorial Colombian. Geez, Colombian is close to the equator, Thailand is 18 - 20 degrees latitude similar to Guerrero or Oaxacan Regions in southern Mexico. Figure it out! hehehe

I smoked 2016 Copalita Oaxacan f2 and 2016 Punto Rojo f2 all day morning to night, been doing that for a month or so. Did the same in the 1970's. Oaxacan is a more mellow, content, grounded and contemplate trip and 2016 Punto Rojo is much stronger psycedelic, trip with an other worldly high. Some folks call it narcotic, hehehe roflmaf ~ they're smoking the wrong Colombian. I'll try again tomorrow, Colombian haze NLD is NOT narcotic, on the contary, its very energetic. I've been smoking Punto Rojo most every day for a year, Punto Rojo wins... 2016 Punto Rojo gold phenotype + 22 weeks of flowering is one of the best I've smoked. Nostaliga is not what it used to be.

Punto Rojo, Punto Rojo, Punto Rojo say it softly over and over again like a mantra.......say it over and over again every day for months and months, until you get to a year, then start over again........Punto Rojo, Punto Rojo, Punto Rojo say it softly....

PS> In my life, there is nothing wrong with 60 year old pussy..................there is some weird stuff going down in the world in 2016.

PPS> DJ Short crearted polyhybrids 50% sativas / 50% indicas. Chimera's Highland Mexican is 50% Mexican NLD and 50% sativa / indica hybrid. Most of DJ shorts work was 50% sativa / 50% indica a far cry from a 100% 1970's equatorial sativa NLD.

Punto Rojo - NLD + 20 weeks flowering

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I looked and Ecuador and Colombia are right on the equator. Throw in the high altitude and you have magic.

Hawaii is about the same as Oaxaca, in the teens for latitude. Magic came out of there or used to. I had Hawaiian in '85 that gave me visuals on 1 hit, edges of things appeared to shimmer. Never had that with any other pot. That Michoacan? in '75 did not give visual distortions but made everything look new and other worldly. Spooky and kind of scary but damn fun too.

In time I will grow out the Punto Rojo, Mangobiche and Colombian Gold '72. As I said, for me the little Colombian I had back late seventies was good but not something I long to relive. The early seventies I missed completely.

satva

Veteran
Much of Hawaii grows for two seasons, some places can grow NLD sativas in-between wet seasons, that's my understanding of why Hawaiian indica was added to one season pure South American and Thai varieties. If you can find a gold phenotype in Punto Rojo or grow, harvest and cure the 1972 Colombian Gold properly, you'll have IMO one of the best.

Cannabiogen selected Punto Rojo from the Santa Marta mountain region in Northern Colombia and the Central mountain region of Colombian. Cannabiogen's Punto Rojo is Santa Marta Highland Colombian x Tomilas Central Highland Colombian. Mangobiche is a purple Colombian with a more mellow, narcotic, psychedelic stony high, especially so if you let the resin glands turn partially amber.

Punto Rojo is just a name. Within Cannabiogen's Punto Rojo there are dark green, light green, red/brown, maroon, rainbow, purple and gold phenotypes each with a different and unique high.

Dog Star

Veteran
Satva does you found in any strain today those your explanation ...where you laughed at everything and couldn't talk normally effects of a stone??

I search for those but like that type of high dissapeared from a Cannabis genetic pool,
or i need harder to look in sativas...

What particular strains induced this type of high before best for you??

Kind regards man

satva

Veteran
Hey Dogstar, the two strains from the 1970's that made people laugh at everything were early 1970's Acapulco Gold and early 1970's Panama Red. The high from these two was a wild trip, red eyes, psychedelic in both the head and body. You'd have feelings that your feet were far away, waves of energy are rolling thru you, or your feet are not connected, or that your head is on crocked. My friend Ralph loved Acapulco Gold and Panama Red, he'd tell people it was swag, then light a big joint of Acapulco Gold. Most people were not familar with pscyedelic or altered states of mind.

At first people didn't know what was happening. They had never been high like this before. Ralph would do anything to make that person lose control and begin to laugh uncontrollably. 1970's Laugh therapy. Some of it was a combination of youth and the 1970's vibe, and the other part was that Ralph was damn funny and always had the best Acapulco Gold, that he 'd call just some Mexican Swag. as he lit the joint...you began to feel that maybe your head was somewhere over there, and your feet weren't touching the ground the way they used to.
When I was twenty watching that kind of stuff was funny!

That kind of intensity was easier to find in Highland Mexican NLD sativas that were grown and adapted for years and years by farmers that love cannabis, and know how to harvest, and cure properly.

Most of the 1970's laughing, crazy highs came from late 1960's - early 1970's Mexican regions. Even in the early 1970's, it wasn't common to find high quality Highland Mexican. Poor quality Mexican was very common.

Highland Oaxacan has a clear, clean, contemplative, cerebral high.

Colombian has a cerebral heady high. I don't find the laughing, and funny effects from the Colombian or Oaxacan I'm growing, but on occasion, walking is weird or my feet feel very far away....hehehe, now let me see if I can find them,

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
Thanx man for answer,

so Acapulco Gold is a thing to search for...

Does Bodhi Acapulco Gold come close to those old version strains??

In 90 ies i was buy some sativa long buds that was so sticky and cause of stickyness
you could not ground bud proper so you need a scissors.. and even then you cutted
like stripes and then you needed to cutt them more on smaller chunks so you could
made joint normaly...

that weed was laughing for 3-4 hours,one small pin joint destroyed 5-6 people
every time we smoked her.. now i know on that strain that there wasnt any tolerance
in smoking that buds... every time same happend and same effects,
laughed so hard and feeled so well on that weed.

Problem is i never found a name of a that strain... but i remember long 15-20 cm hard rock
buds that was glazed in resin,that shit was true fire.

Kind regards Satva

satva

Veteran
Acapulco Gold

Acapulco Gold

Hello Dog Star,

Bodhi's Acapulco Gold is NLD sativa long flowering and looks the most authentic for a NLD sativa - Highland Acapulco Gold. Every other Acapuclo Gold is a sativa x indica hybrid.

Some IcMag member are growing Bodhi's Acapulco (Guerrero) Gold and Bodhi's looks more NLD sativa than Chimera's (1973 Highland Guerrero Green x Blueberry - sativa x indica hybrid.

Snowhigh has a NLD Acapulco Gold that looks like the real deal. I wonder if Bodhi got Acapuclo Gold from Snowhigh? Snowhigh's Acapulco gold is the real deal. NLD leaf and growth structure with nice red stems and light green / gold color. Snowhigh never offered Acapulco Gold seeds available just in indica crosses.

SamS [Haze x Skunk] - Colombian x Acapulco Gold, and
Skunk #1 - (Colombian Gold x Afghani) x Acapuclo Gold]
in SamS [Haze x Skunk] you should be able to select an Acapulco Gold phenotype. You'll see the difference in the Colombian and the Acapulco Gold. I'm sure SamS used an excellent 1970's Acapulco Gold. SamS's Acapulco Gold will smell skunky, and the Haze/ Colombian will smell sweet fruit / spice.

Acapulco Gold - grown and photographed by Snowhigh. (repost)

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
back in 73-74 i bought some weed called wohackin[i know it aint spelled right] but it was some mex weed real fluffey,some real trippy weed u couldent keep the smile off your face.
& ovecorse THAI,APG ,PR,CR&G .

Dog Star

Veteran
Thanx again for your kind answer Satva,

readed a bit your previous posts and i know for sure you are a one that need to be
asked this kind of questions on sativa highs,its a pleasure to read your answers
and to learn something new.

Will look for sure in Acapulco Gold line from Bodhi,need to found that beans somewhere
and buy them ASAP.

All the best man

DS

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
back in 73-74 i bought some weed called wohackin[i know it aint spelled right] but it was some mex weed real fluffey,some real trippy weed u couldent keep the smile off your face.
& ovecorse THAI,APG ,PR,CR&G .

Oaxacan is the spelling. I think of all those seeds in all the bags of pot and what I would give to have some of those special seed strains now.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I remember back in '74....

I remember back in '74....

Oaxacan is the spelling. I think of all those seeds in all the bags of pot and what I would give to have some of those special seed strains now.

A friend of mine stuffed a big old four door with the Oaxacan and drove it up to Anchorage AK... Fort Richardson U.S. Army.

We had lots of great weed. He got caught with a small amount on base but they didn't get the car.

We made him some brownies as he got restricted to the base.

Killer :party: Weed

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
yep the late 60's/early 70's was the 'high-times' for weed... today's weed does not compare... maybe u get stoner, but for sure not higher...

and even if u get the Mexican/Columbian /Hawaiian /thai seeds, unless u got their soil/sun/micro-climate, u won't duplicate the weed... ..

all we have are memories....

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I did not duplicate the best Mexican of the 70's but it is a lot closer than the hybrids in the high. Jarilla from CBG. Actually better than most of the Mexicans I had back then.

I used special lighting, not hps.

Beanzy

1. Red Colombian 1975, the smallest hit off a joint made your lungs swell up and you would cough so hard you would puke. A very spicy tasty bud, it could have been Panamanian but who REALLY knew? Except the guy that imported it and offloaded the boat from the mothership off the coast of Fl.

2. Hawaiian hashbud Pakalolo 1979 my Aunt married a local guy in 1965 so my cousin was into growing big time. I got there and got so stoned... I asked if it was Maui Wowee and they told me to STFU CUZ Only haole tourists said that word. It was plain old HASHBUD.

3. Gold Colombian cerca 1974-1976, never saw it after 76 and came around a few years in a row always in the spring. Half its weight was in fully mature seeds. Very hashy tasted like Lebanese blonde. Very trippy just like the red but a different taste.

Latest posts

Latest posts