What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Serious Warning about Value Vac Vacuum Chambers

Obsidian

Veteran
As of today 2-8-2016 Value Vacs Vacuum Chambers Manifolds are made of Brass containing Lead on ALL the Vacuum Chambers.
The part is made in China, and they source them from Home Depot, the shitty Husky brand.
Even though it's only the manifold, and the connector to the lid, your meds are being exposed to toxic lead during the vacuum process!
I'm a bit appalled by Value Vacs customer service, first I received a cross threaded manifold which took 2 weeks to receive a replacement...Now I discover they use poisonous parts, which in no way should be used in the Cannabis Makers arsenal.
A email to them last week has gone unanswered.
A new manifold cost me $35.00 to make today.

So Buyer Beware.

jswick93

Maybe someone else can chime in, but I can't see how your meds would get contaminated by the manifold at the top of your chamber. Best value vacs has always gotten back to me right away and fixed my issues. They even sent me an email yesterday, on sunday. Try calling them.

DemonTrich

Veteran
is this the best value vac chambers, or are they 2 different companies. orange and black labels

maybe post up a pic of everyone to clarify.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
As of today 2-8-2016 Value Vacs Vacuum Chambers Manifolds are made of Brass containing Lead on ALL the Vacuum Chambers.
The part is made in China, and they source them from Home Depot, the shitty Husky brand.
Even though it's only the manifold, and the connector to the lid, your meds are being exposed to toxic lead during the vacuum process!
I'm a bit appalled by Value Vacs customer service, first I received a cross threaded manifold which took 2 weeks to receive a replacement...Now I discover they use poisonous parts, which in no way should be used in the Cannabis Makers arsenal.

So Buyer Beware.

Dude, seriously. :laughing:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

So Buyer Beware.

Butane has a dielectric constant around 1.3, so isn't agressive and doesn't readily attack brass, thus having it in the vapor stream is unlikely to contaminate the vapor. For instance, the storage tanks use brass valves.

Obsidian

Veteran
Yes Seriously, sorry you feel this way, the path way from start to end should be no lead what so ever.

I still stand behind the science.

MMJ should NEVER come in contact with any source of lead.

NO MATTER HOW INSIGNIFICANT.

jswick93

Yes Seriously, sorry you feel this way, the path way from start to end should be no lead what so ever.

Your meds do not come in contact with the brass though. Lead from the manifold does not surface out and mix in with your oil.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

We agree that lead in meds is not a good thing.

The exhaust from the vacuum chamber doesn't come in contact with the medications.

MrBungle

I think he is talking about the air that passes through the valve when we break the vaccuum...
when you break the vaccuum on the filter side air rushes into the chamber to return it back to atmosphere.. that air comes into contact with the valve and the meds...

I still don't think that could pass any lead off to the meds.. but I see what he is saying...

Have folks who use similar equipment had their product tested?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think he is talking about the air that passes through the valve when we break the vaccuum...
when you break the vaccuum on the filter side air rushes into the chamber to return it back to atmosphere.. that air comes into contact with the valve and the meds...

I still don't think that could pass any lead off to the meds.. but I see what he is saying...

Have folks who use similar equipment had their product tested?

We've tested our product for heavy metals, but not after using a BVV chamber, so no.

Old engineering perspective principle that it isn't always the swift who wins the race, or the strongest the battle, but they are the ones to bet your money on.

Considering perspective, lead pickup from the minute amount present and exposed to the back fill air is unlikely to be measurable by GC/MS, any more than the tri and hexavalent chrome from the chromium based 300 series stainless is.

From a product perspective, brass is expensive enough that stainless in some cases is even cheaper, so using stainless would protect BVV from customer concerns and forum conversations like this.

There is no doubt in my mind that they cruise the forums, by some of the stuff they come up with, so perhaps they will give it some more thought after it was tossed about here.

MrBungle

BVV was the first place I found with affordable equipment to get my feet in the water... since then I've learned a bunch, but know I have a shit ton more to learn.. Thanks for the response Gray Wolf... I agree it would be nice for them to stop by... I know I have more questions than just this

Latest posts

Latest posts