What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Jobs in the mmj or recreational business

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Howdy,

This Kentucky boy is tired of being in Kentucky due to the economic crisis here that has been going on for too many years for my comfort. I can't find a job anywhere and this economy here is nothing more than trash.

My dream is to work in the marijuana business and someday I want to either partner up with someone or run my own farm, indoor/outdoor/greenhouse any and all styles. I have children and can hardly support them and it breaks my heart and i'm tired of it. I have a dedication and passion dedicated to growing and the general life of cannabis. I have what it takes to pursue this dream and I am willing to travel, leave tomorrow if I could find help landing a job or business opportunity.

I'm willing to dedicate the rest of my life slaving in the marijuana field and loving every second of it. If you only knew what kind of shape I was in financially right now facing eviction, debts out the ass, struggling with every last breath within me, sorry to be so personal but I have to vent it. I need help. There are many great people on this forum and I know there is someone out there willing to help me. I'm 28 years old and need to get started now before I start going down hill and my life ends up wasting away and my dreams fail me. I have experience with everything in the marijuana field. Have been growing for 15 years now off and on, mainly outdoor but have succeeded and have lots of experience indoor as well.

Please, if there is someone out there willing to help me in the business, partnership, or with my struggles please feel free to PM me. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this as well...

snake11

I think your best bet is to just make the move. If you wait for someone to give you a helping hand you might never get out of there. Pile your belongings in your car and drive. Move to a state with a legal cannabis industry and look for employment. Good luck!!

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
be your own boss....yeehaw ...its gonna get ugly here in cali ,,,,,,some places have already banned any kind of growing no exceptions and their gonna tighten the noose on dispensaries /grows/vendors and anything else they can by 2018....I did ok in the fl keys before I came here....florida is still in the dark ages so its worth it all still....lol,,,AND I DONT CARE WHAT THEY SAY,,,,,, FLORIDA FISHING IS THE BEST OVERALL SALTWATER ANYWHERE IN THE USA.......WITHOUT ANY QUESTION..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thcvhunter

Veteran
It is a super uber cutthroat industry.
Then, there's the fact you'll spend 4-5 times the expected/projected amount in starting up your business.
Here in WA 502's are dropping left and right because they ran out of money trying to get started up.

If you are seriouse about this then i recommend waiting 3 years for all the BS to die down. Otherwise you risk setting yourself up with a group that may fail in the next 6-12 months.
If you're still interested in rushing into it these next 3 years then the way to go is with buying out one of these failing start-ups.

Last edited:

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How are you going to afford the move if ya cant afford rent now?

You shoulda been getting busy with this months ago. You had to have seen it coming. Your best bet, without funds, is in the underground. Spooky with kids, I know, but you have to have something to start with in these legal places. Shop owners aren't going to care much about your situation unless you have the funds to get the proper paperwork.

You might check into residency requirements in the States you are considering moving to and ask specific questions in each States subforum. You'll probably get more reliable answers and a better responce to your call for a hand.

Good luck in the hunt.

mrS0ul

Meatball in Residence
Well my name's John Lee Pettimore

Well my name's John Lee Pettimore

"You see that mountain over there? Yeah?
Well, one of these days I'm gonna climb that mountain".

~Randy Owens

Solid Business Plan à la Steve Earle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhMO9azmKNU

Attachments

• copperhead.jpg
    copperhead.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 9

floralheart

Veteran
Howdy,

I'm willing to dedicate the rest of my life slaving in the marijuana field and loving every second of it.

Please, if there is someone out there willing to help me in the business, partnership, or with my struggles please feel free to PM me. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this as well...

You mexicans are stealing all our jerbs

floralheart

Veteran
If you really want help, read Day-to-Day Business Accounting by Arlene K. Mose, John Jackson, Gary Downs; Don't Let the IRS Destroy Your Small Business by Michael K. Savage; and The Successful Business Plan: Secrets and Strategies by Rhonda M Abrams.

Do all the written work in the last book. Then do it a second time. Buy Quick Books and set up your Chart of Accounts.

floralheart

Veteran
Buy high quality seeds that are hard to get a hold of from the Internet and growing world, skip the clones and focus on finding gems in limited release packs that are of true quality by running numbers over a length of time. Grow and smoke the best herb you can and reproduce it as a manufacturer and sell it in a quasi legal market. Avoid trends and clones and business deals with people who take short cuts and put everything in writing so that everyone is clear.

If you want to be rich go into insurance, banking or investments and avoid construction and anything that's manual labor, for the most part, including machining and skilled labor, it's still labor. Good skills to have, just not very good professions to become wealthy. You'll never labor your way into management, it's two different animals.

More important than all of that, tell your children you love them and make sure they are good people who treat others good as well. Well, that's my twenty bucks.

floralheart

Veteran
And troll dude, I'm not trying to KO you, I'm trying to help you up your game with love jabs so that one day you can become the Black Dynamite of digital trash talk. On a scale of trolls you're barely worth a fly swatter. One day, you will be worth that fly swatter. Deep down, I believe in you.

S

sourpuss

Haha thats a great post:) love jabs... thx for the laugh!!

Good luck op!! The biz is growing. Could be the smartest move you could make atm. You got skillz already? Got genetics linked up? You might have a chance. Bottom line is can you grow the fire?? Are you willing to teach yhat to your employer? Haha its a slippery slope. Give a man a fish or teach him to fish.... gonna be a tough choice...

MB. I was thinking the same. I found the companies doing business in my area and I contacted them and looked at what they are offering. Most are hiring, growers, pruners, daily workers to clean and maintain standards established by each state, and a state ID certification to work with MMJ. maybe not in Kentucky, but look around the states near you. I could not pay rent but still managed to move and relocate many times. Homeless is a state of mind, not a physical condition. Anything/Everything is possible with a strong human spirit. I say go for it. The worst that can happen is failure, success is also a possibility. good luck.

S

sourpuss

You will need to be in shape... first thing the guys look at is whether someone is gonna be able to handle the workload... same as in any biz they r gonna push u to the limits to see whats possible with a small crew. Id say its about as demanding on the body as a construction job... less mouths to feed means more money for everyone.... you better handle your share if you wanna get the slice you deserve... 24 7 non stop....

M

meowmeowmeow

Friendly advise MB .... my move from FL to CO cost approx 8k.
I left a 100k job, so my advice is stay put.

Refine your skills, because from my short time here in CO they want people who can take instructions.....that's it.
Fucking robots.
It's a dick show, cut throat, know-it-all industry like others have mentioned.

If someone in charge 'thinks' you know more you are looked at as a threat.

I got rooter rootered on my 1st interview by some smuck consultant.
Most people would of told these guys to fuck off, but I just kept having fun.

I hope this helps, because overall LIFE is hard. Good Luck :biggrin: