What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stopping the mites with CO2

AloeRuss

Crown Jewel of the Legion
ICMag Donor
Hi

I am on my 5th week of bloom.
Spider mites has been fighting with me all step of the way.
At this point I smell the aroma and don't want to spray them with anything (besides the point that there are more then "a lot" of plants.

I was told that co2 will not kill them all but slow them down just enought to have my harvest.

I have 10 pilot burner and I know it is better done with lights out (that way I can pump 10,000 ppm into the room and not harm plants at all)
I need to do it asap.
Any advice from experience?

Bermyboy

hmmmm

No real life experience but my readings tell me 10,000 pm should kill any insect moving. However i expect their eggs would still survive. This would necessitate another 10,000 ppm exposure every three days for maybe 3 or 4 runs.

Just my 2 cents.

snake11

It takes very high levels of co2 to kill anything. I do not think 10k would be enough. I have friends who have tried this and it did not work for them.

panick503

10k ppm is a proven spider mite killer. I think doing it every 3 days for almost a year (3-4 runs) may be a bit overkill. You could probably throw in a couple thorough room cleanings, and another method or two of knockdown control, and accomplish you goal sooner, and without running through so much co2

Granger2

Veteran
The 1st thing is to make sure you don't asphixiate yourself. Walking into a room with 10k+ ppm with all the O2 burnt out will knock you out fast. Best to have a 2nd person to stand by. I tried this twice and I don't think it did shit. Good luck. -granger

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
I would love to hear if this worked for you. I have tried it with no real results but would give it another go if it works for some people.

snake11

10k ppm is a proven spider mite killer. I think doing it every 3 days for almost a year (3-4 runs) may be a bit overkill. You could probably throw in a couple thorough room cleanings, and another method or two of knockdown control, and accomplish you goal sooner, and without running through so much co2

Proven spider mite killer? Do you have any links to the studies?