What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hiking boots

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
hey ic i need some help on some high quailty hiking boots that is water proof, light weight, and not hot on the feet. what would u guerillas recommend

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
If you truely want and can spend money for good boots than look into salomons footwear. IMO you cannot beat them. The Salomon GTX 4d's are very very good boots, best traction available, lightweight and very comfortable. Almost all boots they make are bad ass, but those certain ones are my favorite and most preferred by professional and competitive hikers. Also look into Keens which are a bit cheaper and then my last choice would be Timberlands.

The salomons are very expensive new but I will dig up a link where you can get them between 139-160 bucks which will save you about $70-$80 bucks. But they don't stay in stock long. If you have the cash to spend I recommend you just buy them for regular price, they are worth it. Let me know what you end up going with.

Cmobile9

I like the timberland and you can find them on amazon at a reasonable price, I bought two pairs of the same kind. I've only ever tried the Nike Air gortex boots and I would not purchase those again.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
These are the ones I have. Keep your feet dry,light weight and great quality decent price too.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...q8UCFWhx7Aod8FwA-Q&gclsrc=ds&Ntt=hiking+boots
thanks alot bro i was looking at wolverine and cabelas before i posted this.
If you truely want and can spend money for good boots than look into salomons footwear. IMO you cannot beat them. The Salomon GTX 4d's are very very good boots, best traction available, lightweight and very comfortable. Almost all boots they make are bad ass, but those certain ones are my favorite and most preferred by professional and competitive hikers. Also look into Keens which are a bit cheaper and then my last choice would be Timberlands.

The salomons are very expensive new but I will dig up a link where you can get them between 139-160 bucks which will save you about $70-$80 bucks. But they don't stay in stock long. If you have the cash to spend I recommend you just buy them for regular price, they are worth it. Let me know what you end up going with.
i agree with ya on the salomons or keen. i was also looking at asolo but this year i cannot afford them. i will just need to get some like midwest posted until after harvest this year and then im gonna invest in a 250$ pair. all i really need them for is walking thur tall grass that is wet with heavy morning dew.
I like the timberland and you can find them on amazon at a reasonable price, I bought two pairs of the same kind. I've only ever tried the Nike Air gortex boots and I would not purchase those again.

thanks brother! gonna look up reviews on these and also what midwest posted.
i knew i could count on the guerilla love to helping a brother out! im sick of wet feet. irish setter is shit dont ever buy them

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Wolvering makes a great boot. They look like work boots they are waterproof and light. I don't grow guerilla style but ive been on plenty of long walks in the woods searching for mushrooms. Also great ankle support

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Wolvering makes a great boot. They look like work boots they are waterproof and light. I don't grow guerilla style but ive been on plenty of long walks in the woods searching for mushrooms. Also great ankle support

thx brother! i been looking at this boot. it seems to fit my budget and the reviews from users said its great. as long as it keeps my feet dry and cool then its a winner. i have learned if u have miserable feet u will be miserable thurout the whole process. heavy morning dews is all i need them for bc when i go to water the ground is wet from dew.i wont be stepping into deep streams or creeks. maybe a few mud holes here and there about a half inche deep
http://www.amazon.com/Wolverine-Wom...8&qid=1430863118&sr=1-4&keywords=hiking+boots

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I believe its the Raider model, they are so broken in i can't really tell. But they are awesome. It is the Raider model boot...

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
Check out kenetrek out of Montana and lowa 8" sheep hunters. Those two are cream of the crop imo
i'll check those out right now. thanks bro
I believe its the Raider model, they are so broken in i can't really tell. But they are awesome. It is the Raider model boot...

i looked around here at local yard sales to no avail. i was hoping to find a pair already broken in lol. i will check that model out and see what it looks like. does the boot run small? all the reviews i have read online with wolverine all stat it runs a bit small

Green Squall

Check out altrec.com before you buy anything full price. I got a kick ass pair of $120 North Face hiking shoes for half off! Right now I'm wearing some Teva hiking shoes. Not very expensive, but they fit good and are waterproof.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
thx TF
Check out altrec.com before you buy anything full price. I got a kick ass pair of $120 North Face hiking shoes for half off! Right now I'm wearing some Teva hiking shoes. Not very expensive, but they fit good and are waterproof.

i havent bought nothing yet still reading reviews and seeing what u guerillas recommend. i will look at these right now as well. thanks alot brother

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm with Wendull, 8" anything are great. Timberland's used to make a gòod boot, but lately I haven't been tempted by anything of theirs.

If you plan on beating the shit out of them, a hole in the ground such as Walmart has ridiculously abuseable return policies. Returned the same pair every six monthes for years at one point, they never batted an eye.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I'm with Wendull, 8" anything are great. Timberland's used to make a gòod boot, but lately I haven't been tempted by anything of theirs.

If you plan on beating the shit out of them, a hole in the ground such as Walmart has ridiculously abuseable return policies. Returned the same pair every six monthes for years at one point, they never batted an eye.

lol that sounds like me with wally world on different products. i looked at our local one which is only a regular walmart not a super center. they didnt have a pair that was comfortable and waterproof.
i was looking at these timberlands. couldnt find a bad review on amazon about them. the boots i choose will just be used for when i go to water my plants on a old strip mine road and wet grass bc of morning dew. i wont be submerging my foot in water ever in none my spots or wading thur streams or swamps. i'll look into these Wendull 8" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MI8JMG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
well guys after many reviews i choose the timberlands below in the amazon link. i had to get something fast bc i already got a blister on the back of my left foot. i will get me a good pair of hiking boots this fall after harvest if these dont live up to the exspectations i have. i will get either Asolo or Cabelas kangaroo boots. i only had 100$ to spend so i tried to get the highest quailty for the price. i have Amazon prime so they will be here tomorrow and will get the test treatment. thanks everone that has posted their advice on what u guys was using. i knew u guys would be a great help. + rep to all

Timberland White Ledge Waterproof Boot
3,978 customer reviews
List Price: $100.00
Price: $82.98

Wendull C.

Veteran
If you can get a vibram sole. Those soles have saved me many a fall on rock or wet grass. I will not hunt in a boot with out vibram soles, and anyone who knows me says I would hunt bare foot in thorns.
I just don't tell them I bow hunt that way. No boots just thick wool socks. They don't stop cholla at all though. lol

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
If you can get a vibram sole. Those soles have saved me many a fall on rock or wet grass. I will not hunt in a boot with out vibram soles, and anyone who knows me says I would hunt bare foot in thorns.
I just don't tell them I bow hunt that way. No boots just thick wool socks. They don't stop cholla at all though. lol

the reviews i seen on amazon all talked about getting the vibrim sole. i ordered that as well bc so many hikers said its the best for ur feet. lol like that guy that use to be on dual survivor (Cody). he use to be barefoot all the time in that show. his feet i bet is like leather on the bottoms

jaytoker

I recommenced you buy some trail runners/hiking shoes rather than boots. They will protect you feet, are breathable yet water proof and good on the trail. If boots are absolutely necessary can't go wrong with a pair of lugz.