What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Charlottes Web strain

Hi guys not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, I am new to this site so I am sorry in advance if it is and I hope this time the forum will forgive my stupidity.....its a side effect off the weed lol :dance013:

Anyway......I wanted to ask if anyone has any personal experience with the different phenotypes. As everyone knows it is famous for the high CBD to low THC ratio. However what many wont know is it has also phenotypes with one of the highest THC well over 20% and also phenos that are even THC and CBD ratios.

Does anyone know a reputable supplier of the strain and can someone give me an idea how many I will need they are Regular seeds so males as well seems like it will be a massive effort and may not even be able to use it. Is it over rated and is there anything similar or better out there at the min or any personal growers working on high CBD strains please if you can help I would be very grateful to you.

Breez

Old school breeders association sell them mate...not cheap though, 150 bucks for 10, so fingers crossed for many females!

Old school breeders association sell them mate...not cheap though, 150 bucks for 10, so fingers crossed for many females!

Damn that is harsh. Don't get why seeds are so different in prices to excess in some cases. Seeds are 2 quid each, clones £5 each. Most I get are off old timers who know their shit and do it for themselves. Stands to reason you get the best possible standard.

Safe mate GJ

PS what do you think on this mate

Bongstar420

Charoletts Web is clone only...what you are talking about are Self series or crosses. It is likely that CBD will exhibit strain specific attributes at least half as much as THC strains. THC is generally for those who need to get high.

CBD cuts are increasing in availability. Just get on leafly and look for em around your area. We have 'Harlequin' 'Hurkle' and 'ACDC' in our town and its small.

Hi guys not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, I am new to this site so I am sorry in advance if it is and I hope this time the forum will forgive my stupidity.....its a side effect off the weed lol :dance013:

Anyway......I wanted to ask if anyone has any personal experience with the different phenotypes. As everyone knows it is famous for the high CBD to low THC ratio. However what many wont know is it has also phenotypes with one of the highest THC well over 20% and also phenos that are even THC and CBD ratios.

Does anyone know a reputable supplier of the strain and can someone give me an idea how many I will need they are Regular seeds so males as well seems like it will be a massive effort and may not even be able to use it. Is it over rated and is there anything similar or better out there at the min or any personal growers working on high CBD strains please if you can help I would be very grateful to you.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I understand that Chariots Web is a clone only as well. Not publicly released but hoarded by the finders for commercial purposes. I could be wrong though.

Maybe look into CBD Crew varieties if you require seeds. Otherwise, to know if a plant is CBD dominant, it needs to be tested.
I'm not into those types so somebody else may be nice enough to list a few CBD rich varieties for you to search out.

I understand that Chariots Web is a clone only as well. Not publicly released but hoarded by the finders for commercial purposes. I could be wrong though.

Maybe look into CBD Crew varieties if you require seeds. Otherwise, to know if a plant is CBD dominant, it needs to be tested.
I'm not into those types so somebody else may be nice enough to list a few CBD rich varieties for you to search out.

Thanks for your input mate, yes I agree totally. The CBD rich strains are kept locked down tight and very difficult to get hold of. You can get some but its down to the grower to investigate by testing and then preserve the strain by feminising it. Clones are almost none existent here mate, too dodgey. People set up a grow, get it done and shut it down soon as possible the risk is too great to keep mothers going.

MrBelvedere

ICMag Donor
ACDC clone is usually available at Harborside medical center in Oakland California. Charlottes Web aka r4 clone is available from many sources in Colorado.

Easy mate, I am in the UK so clone strains are not available as in the US. Have figured it out anyway, Charlottes Web is designed for children so was thinking about this all wrong. The ACDC have seen available a few places and seems to be a good strain mate will keep it in mind next time I am buying in stock. Cheers mate Peace GJ

Charoletts Web is clone only...what you are talking about are Self series or crosses. It is likely that CBD will exhibit strain specific attributes at least half as much as THC strains. THC is generally for those who need to get high.

CBD cuts are increasing in availability. Just get on leafly and look for em around your area. We have 'Harlequin' 'Hurkle' and 'ACDC' in our town and its small.

Respect mate

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Anyone know what variety of hemp was used to make Charoletts web? Or the drug variety?
I have looked and looked. Even asked the Stanley bros, they would not say, just that a variety of hemp was used.
-SamS

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
there is only one "charlottes web" cut
it is not ac/dc

itis just the r4 clone renamed, period.

Get alist of the stanley brothers, google each ones name with "interview", they all talk about charlotts web, each one gives a different version of what it is and how they got it. stanley brothers were also neighbours with the guys that developed r4.

@guerillajack there are some cbds in the uk, might get a bit more info on the other uk site

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
it seems hard to find those 20:1 expressions but my friend has grown out several of the sin city cbd lines and reports most of the plants end up in the 1.5:1 ---3:1 ratio.

if those numbers work for you it may be an easy solution to hunt through some seeds.

with the new CBD field test kits you can get, you don't even need to have access to a lab to find your keepers.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Who are the guys that developed r4? What is its parents? I did what you suggested and found nothing, no one says what they used to make CW, other then a hemp variety. What hemp variety?
-SamS

there is only one "charlottes web" cut
it is not ac/dc

itis just the r4 clone renamed, period.

Get alist of the stanley brothers, google each ones name with "interview", they all talk about charlotts web, each one gives a different version of what it is and how they got it. stanley brothers were also neighbours with the guys that developed r4.

@guerillajack there are some cbds in the uk, might get a bit more info on the other uk site

Last edited:

ZIO GREEN

OUTLAW
Veteran
An old italian hemp variety have 1:35 thc cbd ratio!!!!!
I will work in a cross with this variety and if this pass on the progeny,it will be the higest thc cbd ratio on the planet!!!

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Who are the guys that developed r4? What is its parents? I did what you suggested and found nothing, no one says what they used to make CW, other then a hemp variety. What hemp variety?
-SamS

there a good thread on the farm about cw iirc

R4-
Greenwerks
20%cbd
The genetics are Blueberry Haze x Wu#1. The Wu#1 was created by Wubby who provided the male pollen from a Reclining Buddha and Cassel who provided the female Cream. Ironically it was a mutual friend who killed that Genetic off in an accident, he thought it was something else we had duplicate moms of. Luckly the previous run had produced accidental seed pops from a Blueberry Haze hermie coming into contact with the Wu#1. Those seeds would become the basis of the R4 and three years of inbreeding has lead too the current version. All of this was done without the help of a person we both know. Unless he gets credit for killing the Wu#1 which in turn lead me to pop our accidental seed pop. No I'm not a brilliant Breeder but also not a thief. What I am trying to do is make CBD's available too all sick people at reduced cost as cannabis is not covered by Medicare or any health plan

Charlottes web-
Stanley Bros. R4 Genetics?
20%cbd
Q:
May I ask what strains you started with when creating your high CBD strain, Charlotte's Web? About how many generations did you have to breed before reach that product? Are you still working on that project, breeding up the CBD?
A:
Absolutely we are still breeding. It took us about two years to get positive results. We started with a high cbd harlequin and sour tsunami I believe. It has since been changed with other low thc strains. Good question
Q:
Did you focus on any other specific traits when you were backcrossing, or just high CBD/low THC?
A:
preferably high yielders
Q:
Any R4 in there?
A:
yes. we have r4. Thanks to Greenwerkz. They are based in denver and recently have helped folks with R4

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Still no real answer from them. Harlequin is not a hemp variety. But it does have Swiss rope-a-dope in it, so it has hemp in its past.
But the Stanley's have said they used hemp to make CW, what hemp I have no idea.
-SamS

Latest posts

Latest posts