What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Get Busy Growin' or Get Busy Buyin' II

5th

Veteran
I was just gonna pick up some of the one's bobble used.

I spent two days trying to find that link he posted when Anti was contemplating building his....can't find it anywhere.

growing is always better than buying

Agreed dude. I just thought I smoked alot of weed...then I figured I just smoke alot cuz it's shitty weed...lol...so this is gonna work out for me either way.

AlexTrebek

Might be better to just get some timers n' another ballast.

I think the point of flipping is keeping the ballast's efficency by not having to shut it down and boot it back up, it's always on 100% and never starting up. Don't get discouraged, I know what part your talking about and you'll find it sooner or later.
How are the OG's doing and what's up?

5th

Veteran
I think the point of flipping is keeping the ballast's efficency by not having to shut it down and boot it back up, it's always on 100% and never starting up.

Exactly right Al. I see it a lil' differently however...as all my grow gear is disposable, so efficency isn't high on my list of priorities.

The poor OG's...been keeping the room at 15C/60F for the past six days and a light feed of 150ppm...freezing and starving them is working quite well actually. Everythings healthy...and not really growing except the root mass. Hoping to put the last 25 clones in the top teir within the next few days....then make the flip.

Its very helpful sublime. I knew it was in someones thread, thanks again, I'll get to readin' n' searching. :tiphat:

AlexTrebek

Oh ight I get you, you wanna run same wattage but in different sockets at different times, if you got the bulb n' ballasts then you should do it.

5th

Veteran
It begins...

It begins...

As usual...I have the need/urge to fuck with my set up...I dunno if tweaking is the right word...'cuz I clearly have to idea wtf I'm doing. :)

Got bored n' did this..

I've got seventy-five clones still waiting to show roots...twenty-five or so I stuck in the vert tubes.

75 plants.

70 OG Kush/5 BBxNL

Bottom tier vegged for 8 days
Middle tier for 5 days
Top tier anywhere from 2 days to a half hour.

Planning to only use one 600w HPS bulb...that may change after stretch. Timers are set...we go dark in 50 minutes :headbange

Just ran pure water for a few hours to flush the tubes...then added back nutes (FloraNova Bloom) I'll check the ppm's (400)and the PH(6.9) once everything is mixed and settled.

....I'm pretty stoned...I'ma go stare at these shits until lights go out... :tiphat:

Last edited:
D

draco

very nice setup! love the bare bulb - no hood glass to dim the light to the plants. you seem to have no problem with heat which - i would imagine - be an issue for some...

looks like you have done this before... i hear that this kind of setup can produce over a gr/w pretty easy...

anyway thanks for the thread and good luck!

ps

how not to get burnt on the bulb? i know i would fry myself!

5th

Veteran
starting to get interesting buddy. how's ur tubes setup? r the flooded constantly r is it on a timer?

I'm on a timer...I play with it all the time...adjusting shit when I really don't need to...two n' a half minutes on, ten minutes off. A 250 GPH pump pushes everything to the top tube...gravity takes over from there.

very nice setup! love the bare bulb - no hood glass to dim the light to the plants. you seem to have no problem with heat which - i would imagine - be an issue for some...

looks like you have done this before... i hear that this kind of setup can produce over a gr/w pretty easy...

anyway thanks for the thread and good luck!

ps

how not to get burnt on the bulb? i know i would fry myself!

Thanks for stopping by draco.
The heat isn't an issue as I'm running a sealed room and the AC kicks on when needed keeping everything at 74F when the lights are on and 68 when off. Had to totally redesign everything in order to make this work right.
Oh yes I've done this a few times actually...failed at all of them...lol...hoping this run will be better. GPW would be awesome...once it's dialed in...till then I'm gonna be happy with growing my own weed...so fuck a GPW.
lol...I'm short, stalky, n' stupid...I manuver around the bulb ok at the moment.

D

DHF

I wish the 4th leavel was full with another light or 2 in there ftw , but 75`s a good start 5th......

You said above that your ppm`s were 400-ish and the ph was 6.9?........

I hope that`s a typo and your ph is 5.9 which is right on track ......here`s a lil tip.....

As your plants eat , the ppm`s will drop and the ph will rise gradually over a several day period so I always set my ph in my ebb and flow buckets at 5.5-ish and by the time I got back a week later the ph was around 6.2/6.3-ish , and the ppm`s had dropped accordingly till rez swapouts and startin all over again....anyways....

Holler if we can help and....good luck.....

Peace.....DHF....:ying:.....

D

DHF

Let it rise naturally from there and don`t tryta chase ph with adjusters ta keep it in the 5.8/9 sweet spot cuz the plant absorbs different macro`s and micro`s at ph levels from the lower to mid 5`s and continues into the lower 6`s in a dialed fast hydro setup as your flooded tubes and or my old ebb and flow buckets....

Good luck...DHF....:ying:.....

5th

Veteran
I hear ya loud n' clear. I've only been playing with nutes n' water for about a year n' a half. Never checked my ph before. Comes outta the tap at 12....ends up about 7 after adding nutes. Always used straight tap water for the areo cloner n' bubbler...works 100%...interesting to see what my mom plants do when I adjust the ph next res change...

Fixed some HVAC issues...if I wanna run two flower rooms I need to use my main room as the lung...bit o' a bitch...but at least it's sorted.

Whats the general opinion on lights out temps? Light's just came on n' it's 60F in there...when I start running flip rooms the temp will change...but I'm thinking thats just too damn cold...

D

DHF

Hey Bro......here`s the thing.....Lights on/off temps don`t needta exceed 10 degree differences , and I always ran mid to high 70`s to mid 80`s , but what I`m gettin at is whatever yas can dial for lights on temps , don`t allow lights off temps to drop any lower than 10 degrees from lights on, and less is even better....

RH creeps up like a mofo durin lights off so watch that after stretch is over as well....

Good luck....DHF....:ying:....

5th

Veteran
I'll keep a tight eye on the RH at all times so I know wtf is going on with shit...make it easier for you guys to fix the problems heh heh.

But seriously...fuck all I can do about the temps until I get the flip flop up n' running.(hoping in the next few days) I need the hot exhaust from either room pumping back into the lung room to equalize the temps so to speak...ha...you know what I'm getting at...not your first BBQ.

The way it stands now...got the heat coming out of the flooded tubes room for twelve hours as ya know...gotta go get me the thermometer so I can do the translation...

...ok at lights on inside temps in "tube room" are 76F, lung room at 72F. Soon to be scrog/stadium room 72F.
...with the flip I'm expecting temps to stay the same...however....

...with lights off...temp drops to the 60'sF as I'm using the heat vent in the room as the exhaust for the AC...and got fuck all for heat except some floro's...

I've got my spare 600 running in the soon to be room during lights off...it helps, but not much. PH is at 6.1...ppm is whatever the fuck it wants to be until the res swap out on Sunday. I'll post a pic in an hour or so when I'm done fucking around in there...

Thanks for checking in DHF always good to hear what your thinkin'

5th

Veteran
Thats the whole shebang.

Closer look into the left room.

35 rooted OG cuts, 20 rooted BBxNL cuts...

Hate to say it...culled 4 clones outta the tube room... in the bubbler infront of the rooted clones are 4 rooted Luna Haze clones I'll be sticking in the tubes to determine sex.

Gotta order parts for the flip box...peep you guys on the weekly update. :tiphat:

Edit: parts ordered

hey looking good 5th, I hear ya on constantly redesigning shit too man. I think ur tubes r gonna kick some ass whn u get it dialed, maybe get that 1gpw...

5th

Veteran
Thanks alot sub. (you know that pic of the qwizo you were rolling into that bone? fukn' stellar) Even at a week in, I'm quite sure I know how I'ma handle the BBxNL next round in the tubes.
4 Days of veg then flower. There not even a week into flower letalone done stretching obviously...so it's gonna be a shit show for sure.
Ordered the 30A DTDP's of the Bay last night...but I'ma cheap SOB...so I went with the cheap shipping...lets me get the rest of the box together though...so I'll have it all on hand to put together when they arrive.
Building my stadium (well one half) at the moment...just stopped to pack a bowl...if I don't run outta screws...I'll post a pic later. :tiphat:

funny u mention stadium man cause that's what i'm thinking bout too.. I'm gonna set up a stadium with 2 gal bags of coco DTW with drippers. got the drippers and tubing, need a pump and to come up with a drain setup, so yeah would def like to see some pics of urs.

Latest posts

Latest posts